Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I saw an article saying Mahomes was pressured on 29 snaps, a Super Bowl record. The telling factor through was that of those 29 pressures, only 2 involved extra rushers. The other 27 pressures came form the normal D front of TB. So TB did not have to sacrifice coverage to achieve pressure on Mahomes, so there were fewer open outlets when he was under pressure. And that was pretty much the deciding factor in this game.

-M
    And even when Mahomes came through and made an amazing, on target throw despite the pressure, it was usually dropped. He didn't get very much help out there at all. Even the greatest player can't win a game alone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Bomani had the Superbowl day after sick burn of the day imo. He called those replacements on the KC O-Line pie eating contest All-Stars. In their defense that Tampa front 4 cooked New Orleans and Green Bay but that front making Mahomes run 400 yars the other way was some kind of special. It is good to know a good football defense can still win games at the highest levels.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Bomani had the Superbowl day after sick burn of the day imo. He called those replacements on the KC O-Line pie eating contest All-Stars. In their defense that Tampa front 4 cooked New Orleans and Green Bay but that front making Mahomes run 400 yars the other way was some kind of special. It is good to know a good football defense can still win games at the highest levels.
    KC had offensive line issues before losing 2 starters and Mahomes managed to make them look good as we saw. Reid needs to upgrade the offensive line or he'll run into same issue the Colts did when they had a star QB who was close to where Mahomes was in Andrew Luck. The Colts refused for years to fix offensive line and got Luck hurt so bad , he just retired. The Chiefs have to look at that situation and pledge that this can't happen to Mahomes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This was the first time the Chiefs really got popped in the mouth in the Mahomes era. Strange that Reid and the offensive staff kept trying to go with a 5 man protection 90% of the game when Mahomes was getting killed. They had a good season, but in the end the injuries to the offensive line, and the Buccaneers having a great defensive game-plan from Todd Bowles was too much to overcome. They had some questionable penalties against them, but one year ago they were also the beneficiary of some calls/non-calls. Like the non-holding call against Bosa on that long 3rd down play. Andy Reid's son being in a drunk driving car accident was terrible, but I don't think it had anything to do with the game. However, it does add to the curse of doing stupid **** before the biggest game being a bad omen. This was probably the worst of the bunch.

Side note: the taunting gesture right in the face of Tyreek Hill was dynamite. Winfield Jr. did it at the perfect time, and if anyone deserves to get nutted on in that manner, it's Hill. Bravo.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    This was the first time the Chiefs really got popped in the mouth in the Mahomes era. Strange that Reid and the offensive staff kept trying to go with a 5 man protection 90% of the game when Mahomes was getting killed. They had a good season, but in the end the injuries to the offensive line, and the Buccaneers having a great defensive game-plan from Todd Bowles was too much to overcome. They had some questionable penalties against them, but one year ago they were also the beneficiary of some calls/non-calls. Like the non-holding call against Bosa on that long 3rd down play. Andy Reid's son being in a drunk driving car accident was terrible, but I don't think it had anything to do with the game. However, it does add to the curse of doing stupid **** before the biggest game being a bad omen. This was probably the worst of the bunch.

Side note: the taunting gesture right in the face of Tyreek Hill was dynamite. Winfield Jr. did it at the perfect time, and if anyone deserves to get nutted on in that manner, it's Hill. Bravo.
    If your talking about that 44 yard bomb to Hill that changed the game ...well your wrong. There was no hold since another 49ers fan tried the same deal. In fact watch the play...Buckner is the one who almost sacks Mahomes on the play. He arrives a split second or 2 later.

As Mahomes brought up the Bucs were doubling Hill and Kelce. So they needed the extra people out there in routes. Its just the team really weren't on same page and offensive line killed them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If your talking about that 44 yard bomb to Hill that changed the game ...well your wrong. There was no hold since another 49ers fan tried the same deal. In fact watch the play...Buckner is the one who almost sacks Mahomes on the play. He arrives a split second or 2 later.

As Mahomes brought up the Bucs were doubling Hill and Kelce. So they needed the extra people out there in routes. Its just the team really weren't on same page and offensive line killed them.
    Ummm no buddy. Bosa was clearly held on the Wasp play. Pretty obvious. Officials just didn't call it. This was the same crew that screwed up the 2018 NFC title game in NO.

Textbook hold. You can't arm hook a dude, as that's an illegal maneuver. Fisher's hand is also inside Bosa's collar. Fisher looks like he's trying to set up a rock bottom or something. Bosa had been destroying Fisher all game (Bosa had the most pressures in a SB game dating back to 2006), so it's not a surprise that he had to hold at some point (actually Bosa was held a few times). Especially on that third and long. And yeah Buck almost sacks Mahomes because Bosa was held!!! Another 49ers fan bringing up the same point would be correct. Again, Bosa was held. Holding happens on almost every snap, yet the Chiefs in that game weren't called for it once against the best defensive line in the league on 40+ passes. So yeah, they got lucky with some non-calls. Including the helmet to helmet hit on Jimmy G late in the game that wasn't called. 49ers got a way with a couple as well including an Emmanuel Sanders illegal block I believe. It happens, and Chiefs got the better end of it that night. I don't think the Wasp play decided the game, but that is one key one I wished the officials had seen/decided to call since it was so blatant.

Anyways, Chiefs nation got a taste of their own medicine the other night. Kind of funny hearing the players and fans complain about it.

As for keeping 5 men in to block, clearly it wasn't working. Doesn't matter if Hill and Travis are getting more attention. They always do. At some point you need to adjust, and Reid and his staff just didn't try anything else.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-09-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Ummm no buddy. Bosa was clearly held on the Wasp play. Pretty obvious. Officials just didn't call it. This was the same crew that screwed up the 2018 NFC title game in NO.

Textbook hold. You can't arm hook a dude, as that's an illegal maneuver. Fisher's hand is also inside Bosa's collar. Fisher looks like he's trying to set up a rock bottom or something. Bosa had been destroying Fisher all game (Bosa had the most pressures in a SB game dating back to 2006), so it's not a surprise that he had to hold at some point (actually Bosa was held a few times). Especially on that third and long. And yeah Buck almost sacks Mahomes because Bosa was held!!! Another 49ers fan bringing up the same point would be correct. Again, Bosa was held. Holding happens on almost every snap, yet the Chiefs in that game weren't called for it once against the best defensive line in the league on 40+ passes. So yeah, they got lucky with some non-calls. Including the helmet to helmet hit on Jimmy G late in the game that wasn't called. 49ers got a way with a couple as well including an Emmanuel Sanders illegal block I believe. It happens, and Chiefs got the better end of it that night. I don't think the Wasp play decided the game, but that is one key one I wished the officials had seen/decided to call since it was so blatant.

Anyways, Chiefs nation got a taste of their own medicine the other night. Kind of funny hearing the players and fans complain about it.

As for keeping 5 men in to block, clearly it wasn't working. Doesn't matter if Hill and Travis are getting more attention. They always do. At some point you need to adjust, and Reid and his staff just didn't try anything else.
    I think this explains things a lot more than your taking gifs at fast break action to claim , he violated Bosa and had a textbook hold. In fact there is like a TON of calls never called for holding in games since offensive lineman are battling hard in trenches. As this shows Jerry Hughes is blocking and doing the same near techniques at what we see above with Bosa. As this claims an offensive lineman literally has to maul a guy to get a flag at times. Its gotta be pretty extreme.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...d-all-the-time

The rule book makes it more of a harder case to call offensive holding in games. Like it shows and says , it has to be very flagarent. Its clear the gifs there....not as bad. Hughes pass/run blocking at times has the same near type moves. 49ers failed here. They got over confident as we saw with that TD celebration in the 4th quarter and it cost them. They thought it was over up by 10 points with 9+ minutes left. They didn't expect Pat Mahomes to lead a comeback.

The funniest part was reading they booked an after party to celebrate before the game. Like they felt they were so destined to win they booked a party for it.

The Bucs definitely benefitted from a couple of calls, but none of them were directly on scoring plays. And I saw the KC o-line doing a little holding, even a collar here and there. Can't blame them, and they did get called for it at times. But there is no way the refs won that game for the Bucs.

I'm just glad it wasn't New Orleans in there getting bad ref calls. We'd never hear the end of it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Bucs definitely benefitted from a couple of calls, but none of them were directly on scoring plays. And I saw the KC o-line doing a little holding, even a collar here and there. Can't blame them, and they did get called for it at times. But there is no way the refs won that game for the Bucs.

I'm just glad it wasn't New Orleans in there getting bad ref calls. We'd never hear the end of it.
    Or Seattle.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I thought the Bucs would win when I heard about what happened with Andy Reid's son. A tragic event like that is VERY destabilizing. I don't know how you can mentally prepare for a game when something like that happens. I think KC would have been competitive if the car crash didn't happen (and I think they could have overcome their O-line struggles and penalty issues too because they've had to overcome much greater adversities in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought the Bucs would win when I heard about what happened with Andy Reid's son. A tragic event like that is VERY destabilizing. I don't know how you can mentally prepare for a game when something like that happens. I think KC would have been competitive if the car crash didn't happen (and I think they could have overcome their O-line struggles and penalty issues too because they've had to overcome much greater adversities in the past).
    Put in a better o-line and the game is 31-21 Bucs. It was more than JUST the o-line. Defense didn't really help them much either. KC gets one stop and then it is 27-21 Bucs. Get a second stop and it is 23-21 Bucs. Get a third big stop and it is 19-21 KC.

So in my mind, O-Line, better pass rush, better linebacker packaging (either in skill or coaching style) and somebody in a skill position on the OFF side to take the pressure off Mahomes is what KC needs to improve. In that order.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I still hate Brady, but watching KC lose is always a treat.
    Absolutely. They're a rival so I hate them by default, but their cockiness got on my last nerve. They deserved this beat down so much. I'm not a Brady fan either but I mean, at the very least the scenery is different instead of Bostoners getting all the sports spoils. And what's more rings going to do at this stage? Make him more the greatest? Once you're the greatest you're the greatest and that doesn't change till someone takes it. And no one's doing that in our lifetimes. I doubt the generation that even has the opportunity to see a run at it is even born yet. Its way too huge a bar. No perfect storm is going to come together for this to ever be challenged for a very, very long time.

I also loved seeing Brady take Matthieu so completely out of the game with just standard trash-talk, and that he cried about on the sidelines the whole game and even after.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Put in a better o-line and the game is 31-21 Bucs. It was more than JUST the o-line. Defense didn't really help them much either. KC gets one stop and then it is 27-21 Bucs. Get a second stop and it is 23-21 Bucs. Get a third big stop and it is 19-21 KC.

So in my mind, O-Line, better pass rush, better linebacker packaging (either in skill or coaching style) and somebody in a skill position on the OFF side to take the pressure off Mahomes is what KC needs to improve. In that order.
    Yeah, I agree with all of your opinions. Totally. KC's defense really struggled last night. Ironically, I was impressed with both TB's AND KC's kickers though. Tom Brady seemed pretty comfortable throughout most of the game (I think this was his best Super Bowl performance and the only one in which his team won handily). So KC needs to pass rush better. Todd Bowles should be credited with a GREAT game plan though.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think this explains things a lot more than your taking gifs at fast break action to claim , he violated Bosa and had a textbook hold. In fact there is like a TON of calls never called for holding in games since offensive lineman are battling hard in trenches. As this shows Jerry Hughes is blocking and doing the same near techniques at what we see above with Bosa. As this claims an offensive lineman literally has to maul a guy to get a flag at times. Its gotta be pretty extreme.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...d-all-the-time

The rule book makes it more of a harder case to call offensive holding in games. Like it shows and says , it has to be very flagarent. Its clear the gifs there....not as bad. Hughes pass/run blocking at times has the same near type moves. 49ers failed here. They got over confident as we saw with that TD celebration in the 4th quarter and it cost them. They thought it was over up by 10 points with 9+ minutes left. They didn't expect Pat Mahomes to lead a comeback.

The funniest part was reading they booked an after party to celebrate before the game. Like they felt they were so destined to win they booked a party for it.
    Fastbreak? Do you have cataracts? The GIFS are deliberately slowed for your benefit the F are you talking about? Bosa was held. It was pretty clear in slow motion especially, and it's better that I'm actually providing visual evidence from quality angles than bringing up an article from an irrelevant player/game. Even then, in none of those GIFs did Hughes have a defender holding his inside collar, which you can't even do even if Bosa attempts a swim move. And I'm not going to comb the internet for another terrible hold in the same manner from another player from another game. If you don't think that's a hold, then I can't help you. Again, officials miss calls all the time, and this is the same crew that didn't call the helmet to helmet in New Orleans a year ago. Bosa is trying to get to the QB on a stunt, so you can't claim that Fisher was even trying to ride his momentum laterally to ride him out of the player on a course Bosa was originally trying to go. Again, show me where in the rules you can arm hook a dude and hold on to his chest collar to constitute a legal block. Also, that wasn't the only holding he was doing. Fisher like I said was getting his ass handed to him by Bosa all game (12 pressures most in a SB dating back to 2006), so he was going to hold. That play wasn't even the only time:

But oh that's also not holding right? It wouldn't be so bad if the Chiefs got called for holding at least once, but to not have it on 40 plus passing plays was absurd.

And as to celebrating a TD, that doesn't mean the players thought the game was over. Terrible leap in logic. That would be like me saying the Andy Reid's son car accident completely nerfed Andy's thinking and years of experience to call a game correctly, or Eric's. Or cause the entire team to be mental midgets dropping passes, and getting run over by Lenny Fournette. But since the Chiefs got nutted on by the Bucs, I guess it did because logic. And booking venues in case a SB is won by any team is completely normal lmao. Newsflash, but you have to do these things in advance regardless if the game is won. It doesn't work out, then cancel. It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game or the players' mentalities as to me sneezing and claiming it's a sign I'll win the lottery tomorrow.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-09-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I also loved seeing Brady take Matthieu so completely out of the game with just standard trash-talk, and that he cried about on the sidelines the whole game and even after.
    That was hilarious. The dumbass kept getting roasted, and kept trying to talk **** afterward to the GOAT. Like a battered housewife coming back for more.