Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pederson will never drop a dime on the front office because he knows that would make him unemployable to other teams. And even if he were to sing like the proverbial canary about what went down last Sunday, owner Jeff Lurie and/or GM Howie Roseman would simply deny it. Meanwhile, with Pederson gone, will that improve the Eagles’ chances of keeping Carson Wentz since it was said his relationship with Pederson had soured after his benching?
    What I meant is management should have let him off the hook and said it was them. Not that Pederson should talk. If they did order it and then fired Pederson for it, they are craven cowards who should not be in the NFL.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Belichick is turning down the Medal of Freedom from Traitor Trump.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...2F100214896908
    "Recently I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions.

"Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

That is a pretty epic burn.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Former Falcons HC Dan Quinn has been hired as the new DC for the Cowboys. He should be an improvement over Nolan, but I don't see this as a real get for the Cowboys. I think Quinn's success as DC with the Seahawks is well in the rearview mirror and Dallas has nowhere near the talent on D that Seattle had.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Funniest thing I've seen all week, and it's only Tuesday!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Recently I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions.

"Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

I'm actually surprised he's turning down the award. I mean, I hoped he would but I figured it was 50-50 that he would. By giving Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan the award, it's been forever tainted as a real honor in my eyes anyway.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Packers over Rams - This will be the most lopsided game. There is no reason they should have won last week, which was a real indictment on the Seahawks.

Bills over Ravens - I think the Bills will have shaken the playoff jitters and come out with a better script. This is going to be a tough challenge though.

Browns over Chiefs - The Browns are going to be fired up and Mahomes may have a bit of rust on him. This is the one I'm least confident on, but I feel like Cleveland is getting hot at the right time.

Saints over Buccaneers - I think this is going to be a shoot out. Probably the highest scoring playoff game. But, I think the Saints walk away with it. I feel like they are a slightly more complete team.

Packers over Rams, with the caveat that the Rams do two things that are problematic for GB, a killer pass rush and a strong run game. Especially if Donald is good to go.

I think the Bills Ravens came is a toss up.

Chiefs over Browns, they won't have a half without Mahomes playing well the way they did with Rothensberger.

Saints over Bucs. Who ever loses, will this be the last game of a legend?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Trump is currently being inundated by chickens coming home to roost.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Hoddie ain't no fool, Trump was tryin' to get Bill to pick out a couple dresses in an alley like Karen.

Bill was like 'Man, enough people already hate me for football reasons. I'm too old for no new danger.'
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm actually surprised he's turning down the award. I mean, I hoped he would but I figured it was 50-50 that he would. By giving Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan the award, it's been forever tainted as a real honor in my eyes anyway.
    He comes from a strong military family.

Belichick may be a great many things, but he is no fool and he respects institutions. He has drafted and signed active duty men to his roster while taking a hit in doing so. I think he's waking up a bit.

Will he come around about his role in helping Trump get where he is today? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Funniest thing I've seen all week, and it's only Tuesday!
    ESPN even ran with it!

Best part is TB12 and Brees roasting the haters.

"Still better than everyone else!"

And they are not wrong.

I really wish they were meeting later in the playoffs but here we are.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I really have doubts KC can repeat this time. Unlike last year where Reid and Beach picked up Suggs off the streets for a last Super Bowl run and championship , the Chiefs don't have that right now. In fact KC's lack of pass rush has hurt them in games. They have like 15 sacks total and a lot is depending on just how much Patrick Mahomes can carry them again. And this is gonna be harder for him too. His offensive line has went into crapper as he's been sacked 12 times the last 3-4 weeks.

The Chiefs are gonna have to draft offensive and defensive line and try to get pieces. Of course with a crazy cap situation next year , they may have to really wait til 2022 to work a better cap situation and do more moves then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Brian Schottenheimer out as OC in Seattle after 3 years. Front office cited philosophical differences as the reason for the firing.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My predictions for the weekend:

Packers 24, Rams 17: Sure, L.A. has a first class defense, but I don't think their offense will be able to keep pace with Aaron Rodgers and company

Bills 23, Ravens 20: Buffalo is HOT, if not for "Hail Murray", they would've won their last ten regular season games, I doubt Baltimore will stop them

Chiefs 31, Browns 24: Despite the layoff, Patrick Mahomes and KC will pick up right where they left off and send the Browns home for the winter

Saints 42, Bucs 35: In what figures to be the best game of the weekend, "young buck" Drew Brees gets the best of elder statesman Tom Brady
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-13-2021 at 02:14 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!