Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The hot mics this year have been great!

"I think I voted for Trump last year." "N***** WHAT!?" "Nobody ran for President last year." "SHhhhitt, good. Imma good then."
    "Can I borrow your wife for a three-way?"
    "How do you know you have the junky junk?"

That is up there with the butt fingering mic from last year.
    Who in the world said these things?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in NFL News...

- Miami has named Tua Tagovailoa the starting QB in 2 weeks. Which is very wild considering that Ryan Fitzpatrick has done very well as a starter and the team is currently behind Buffalo in the division with how well things have went. A source told NFL.Com that it was just time to make the switch. Tua will start in 2 weeks as Miami has a bye week.

- Former Bengals 2017 1st rd pick John Ross wants a trade from the team as he wants a fresh start. Ross battled injuries to start his career and showed flashes of his deep speed (4.2 in the 20) last year with over 500+ yards receiving. He now wants a trade elsewhere. There is 2 weeks before trade deadline so teams could be looking at something.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He is not the only one who wants out of Cincy. At least if the people in the local news can believe. Geno Akins and Carlos Dunlap have both taken The Cincinnati Bengals off their bio on their Instagram.
    If I'm not mistaken, the easiest way to not get traded out of Cincinnatti is to want to be traded out of Cincinnatti. If nothing else, the Brown family are goddamned spiteful, and they're willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces when players want out of town. Carson Palmer comes to mind, but he's not the only one.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Week 7 "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" Watch

ALREADY FIRED AFTER WEEK 6: Bill O'Brien (Texans) , Dan Quinn (Falcons)

7. Vic Fangio: (The Lukewarm seat) Denver came out of the BYE week and went up 18-0 on the Patriots (yes, this offense is so good it managed six McManus field goals), and had to hang on for an 18-12 win. Not exactly inspiring in how they won, but a win is a win. A reminder, Fangio has already made headlines this off-season for some out of touch comments on race, and now he's refusing to wear a mask on the sidelines, costing him a $100K fine from the league, and getting the Broncos fined another $250K. When on-field woes meet with giving the team a black eye off the field... Fangio might only get 2 years in Denver... A reminder this game was delayed by a week because multiple Patriots players tested positive for Covid-19, which would have had us pause from looking to closely at Fangio as a potential "FIRED" guy this week... but this guy won't shut his stupid f***ing mouth. He declared that Covid-19 is showing "who the whiners are" around the NFL, which is one of the dumbest "fake tough guy" quotes I think I've seen in some time about a disease that's killed 220,000 people. If it were only "on the field" failings, I think Fangio would be in trouble, but that AND his mouth are making him a likely candidate for getting the boot at year's end.

6. Matt Patricia (lukewarm): The Lions got a 1-4 Jacksonville team, and thus their second win of the year in a 34-16 win. Is Detroit good enough to manage a .500 season? It seems possible, based on their schedule. Their next five games are Atlanta (1-5), Indianapolis (4-2 and their toughest test), Minnesota (1-5 and should be looking to come out from last place in the division), the WFT (1-5), and Carolina (a surprising 3-3). After that, though... down the stretch they have a slew of playoff teams. What we're getting at is, Matt Patricia might slide to the lukewarm burner for the foreseeable future while their schedule gets a little easier, but down the stretch they have Chicago, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Tennessee, and a final game against the Vikings where both coaches might be playing for their jobs. Stay tuned...

5. Ron Rivera: The WFT drop to 1-5 and have a fustercluck situation at QB with the carousel they're spinning. I want to be clear, here... I don't think Ron Rivera is a bad coach. I think this roster is hot garbage, but he didn't build it. Their QB and skill positions are woeful, and I wouldn't put it on him. It's bad practice for a franchise to fire coaches after only one year. Also, if this wasn't obvious... it would be really f***ed up if the team fired a guy who's trying to coach THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS. So, based on everything I know about Daniel Snyder being a colossal ***hole... he could absolutely still fire Ron Rivera and then try to spin it in the media that he was doing him a favor because of said cancer at the end of the year. I hope that isn't what happens, but if this team doesn't squeak out some more wins, it could happen.

4. Joe Judge (Lukewarm) The Giants are 1-5 after their first victory over the hapless WFT. Still, Daniel Jones looks like the draft bust he was predicted he'd be. They're without Saquon Barkley for the rest of the year. Joe Judge is probably not a name you've heard, in general, as New York's coach. You will be for the rest of the year. He was formerly New England's assistant special teams coach. How he got elevated to his first HC gig... lord only knows. How the Giants have not paid attention to how everything on the Belichek coaching tree has died on the vine through the past 20 years... yeah... don't know. What we do know is, Joe Judge made his players run sprints when he wasn't happy with them prior to this season, and the only thing that will save his ass to get a second season will be if he blames Daniel Jones, GM Dave Gettleman, or injuries for his woes. But it's gonna be a long year for the G-Men.

3. Mike Zimmer: The Vikings were supposedly "just a QB away" from winning a Super Bowl with the impeccable defense they had, and they spent BIG for Kirk Cousins. Then they traded away Stephon Diggs, and their defense officially "got a case of the olds" going into 2020. Minnesota is improbably 1-5 and looking WAY, WAY up at both the Bears and Packers in this division. Hell, right now they're even looking up at the Lions, who are only 2-3. Two weeks ago, his team was up 13-0 over the Seahawks in the 3rd Quarter of Sunday Night Football, and then Russell Wilson decided to make MVP voters pay attention by leading Seattle on a comeback that included 3 TDs against the Vikes in under two minutes. Then in the 4th Quarter, Mike Zimmer made the call to go for it on 4th and 1 from Seattle's six yard line and rather than kick the FG and go up by eight. Well, they failed to convert that and AGAIN Russell Wilson drove the Seahawks down for a TD, which was enough to change a five point deficit into a 1 point win. Zimmer, post-game, defended that decision, because his offense was averaging five yards a carry, and a FG would still would still have been a one-score game... but a TD and two-point conversion after a 2 minute drill? That would have only triggered an overtime? Look, hindsight's always 20-20, but c'mon, how many times do we have to see Mike Zimmer psych himself out of a win before it's a pattern? At least this week, the Vikings didn't blow a close one, as they allowed 40 points to the, up until that point, winless Atlanta Falcons. Zimmer's only consolation was not getting fired going into the BYE week for the Vikes, but if he doesn't turn this squad around, he'll be looking at a pink slip at year's end.

2. Doug Marrone: I haven't had Doug Marrone on my list, mostly because I honestly thought he got fired at the end of the 2019 season... but NOPE, he's still down in the swamps of Jacksonville. We're now going to three years removed from the Jaguars being up on the Patriots with 10 minutes to go in the AFC Championship Game, and the number of players from that 53-man squad still in Jacksonville is 7. That's it, they only have seven guys left. They have had two Top 5 picks from recent drafts in Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette flat-out escape this franchise. They've had two double-digit loss seasons coming into this one, and now having dropped to 1-5 after a loss to the lowly Lions, look like they'll have a third straight double-digit loss season. Sure, Gardner Minshew is likable with his ability to twirl his moustache like he just tied a woman to train tracks, but the team identity of "hairy upper lip" isn't exactly something to build a franchise around. Shad Khan is one of the more patient owners in the league (hell, he let Gus Bradley stick around to build the worst losing percentage in coaching history), but if Arthur Blank could fire Dan Quinn mid-season, anything's possible. The OC on this team is Jay Gruden, who has former head coaching experience, and could end up taking over at the BYE week... which would be after this Sunday's game against the Chargers. So if the Jags lose and drop to 1-6 on a six game losing streak, they could come out of the BYE with Jay Gruden at the helm.

1. Adam Gase: No one believes in this guy in that locker room. The Jets are now 0-6, and are losing by an average of about 19 points a game. Sam Darnold is still out with an injury so the team might be led by Joe Flacco for awhile, but Darnold? That kid sees more ghosts than Pac-Man. Meanwhile, Flacco's got the problem where he makes the mistake of hitting his receiving corps in the hands with passes. SO MANY DROPS. The only guy the Jets on offense who can catch the ball is Jamison Crowder. The Jets lost 30-10 to Arizona two weeks ago, giving up 380 yards of passing yards and 496 total yards. Then they went out this past week and got shut out 24-0 by the Dolphins, who are supposed to still be rebuilding. The Jets have lost by 20 or more points seven times since the start of 2019. In one out of three games the J-E-T-S are blown out by three TDs with Ol' Bug Eyes as head coach over his 22 game tenure. He's also got his own defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, taking potshots at him in front of the New York media, who are eating that s*** up with a spoon. Adam Gase is a likely candidate to get fired in Week 10, when the Jets enter their BYE week. He deserved to be fired before Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn.

I Have a question WBE. Why did you leave Zac Taylor off your list? I know there has been some heated talk for replacing him. Is that talk not serious on the national level? (I dont watch a lot of national sports shows.)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I Have a question WBE. Why did you leave Zac Taylor off your list? I know there has been some heated talk for replacing him. Is that talk not serious on the national level? (I dont watch a lot of national sports shows.)
    Honestly, I had thought of including him pretty fast here. Seems like I've added a new name every week.

But absolutely, I need to get him on there. Having every veteran player looking to get traded out of town with the exception of A.J. Green (as far as we know) seems like it's a sign he's not got a locker room happy to play for him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hey, WBE! Think you might soon find room on your list for Mike McCarthy? Word has things aren’t all that rosy down in Big D, especially with anonymous players carping that coaches didn’t have them ready to play after that 38-10 beatdown at the hands of Arizona. The ‘Boys don’t have Dak Prescott, and the defense is horrendous, could Jerrah be itching to make a change if, by some miracle, they fail to win football’s worst division?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who in the world said these things?
    So linking them will get me banned. Also, most on them we won't know who said them, ever.

Packers/Bears opener last year at the one from last year. It was also linked in the Aikman video. The commentators tried to laugh it off, too.

The next three are Pats/Seahawks, Bucs/Packers, and Bears/Panthers this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So linking them will get me banned. Also, most on them we won't know who said them, ever.

Packers/Bears opener last year at the one from last year. It was also linked in the Aikman video. The commentators tried to laugh it off, too.

The next three are Pats/Seahawks, Bucs/Packers, and Bears/Panthers this year.
    Thank you. Yea dont post links i didnt know you would get banned.

Why will linking the source of the quotes get anyone banned?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Zac Taylor should get the benefit of the doubt for this season due to breaking in a rookie QB in Joe Burrow. He will get that next season but the Bengals will likely let AJ Green go next year due to how badly he's struggled. In a report on NFL.Com he's had issues getting separation on routes and has the worst average on that in NFL this year. His return from a ACL has pretty much made him older and slower. Plus the Bengals have WR options out there right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why will linking the source of the quotes get anyone banned?
    Some of the videos are TOS violations for our board due to the sexual content.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Zac Taylor should get the benefit of the doubt for this season due to breaking in a rookie QB in Joe Burrow. He will get that next season but the Bengals will likely let AJ Green go next year due to how badly he's struggled. In a report on NFL.Com he's had issues getting separation on routes and has the worst average on that in NFL this year. His return from a ACL has pretty much made him older and slower. Plus the Bengals have WR options out there right now.
    Its him a person i do not like. he holds no one accountable for bad performance. And in his post game Sunday a week after being blown out by the Ravens and after blowing a 21-0 lead went on to say that the culture is good and that the team is trending in the right direction How the **** is that even close to the case? And he spoke with the passion of a man reading the tv guide. I get you cant go man we suck. But show some damn emotion, and maybe talk about how the team blew the lead and maybe how you can take steps to keep that from happening again?

Joe however is doing very well since his line sucks. he has made rookie mistakes but he is doing well. I just hope he doesnt get hurt in his time with the Bengal's because this is pretty much his tryout for a better team when his contract is up.

Some time changes in the games.

Bucs Raiders has been moved to 405 pm while Seahawks Cards has been moved to 820pm Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey, WBE! Think you might soon find room on your list for Mike McCarthy? Word has things aren’t all that rosy down in Big D, especially with anonymous players carping that coaches didn’t have them ready to play after that 38-10 beatdown at the hands of Arizona. The ‘Boys don’t have Dak Prescott, and the defense is horrendous, could Jerrah be itching to make a change if, by some miracle, they fail to win football’s worst division?
    McCarthy will only be in trouble if he's not in first place. Which, yes, the Cowboys are 2-4 and look like crap... but they're still somehow in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    McCarthy will only be in trouble if he's not in first place. Which, yes, the Cowboys are 2-4 and look like crap... but they're still somehow in first place.
    How many wins will it take to be in first?

6? 7? 8?