Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Another late meltdown for the Falcons as Todd Gurley inadvertently scores a touchdown instead of running out the clock, giving Matt Stafford a minute or so to mount a comeback 23-22 win for the Lions.

Hey, WBE! Will you put Dallas’ Mike McCarthy on your head coach hot seat list after today’s debacle in Washington?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I said the Browns would blow out the Bengals today. And I was wrong. but you know what they say. when you are right 38 percent of the time you are wrong 62 percent of the time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Brady's 3 TDs today tie him with Brees with 558.

Brees has Brady by 23 yards in career passing right now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think Brady just overtook Brees on Yards now.

Gonna be a fun battle down the stretch.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Before the year started I actually felt there was a chance the Broncos could split a series with the Chiefs finally. Oh how ridiculous I was being. This team is just as shitty as they've been for the past four seasons. Pretty good D, absolutely terrible offense and special teams. Nothing has changed. And despite a small sample size last year, Lock has regressed from that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its clear New England needs a QB of the future at some stage. Because its becoming clear that Bill Belichick while a great coach , well he needs a great QB to help him. The proof is in the fact Cam Newton and Stidham just aren't getting it done as we see. I said this a long while back , Belichick is a great coach but Tom Brady was Tom Brady. He made Belichick look like a QB genius coach. But as I brought up in Cleveland that wasn't the case.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'll say it...Jerry Jones should have signed Kaepernick. I mean why the **** are you signing Andy Dalton ? What has Andy Dalton achieved in all his years with Bengals beyond looking like crap in prime time games etc ? Its mind boggling to sit and go , yep were gonna sign Dalton as a backup QB and we have seen how its failed.
    Agreed on Kaep, but as far as Dalton goes...

Yeah, he looks like hot garbage, but he's playing behind an O-Line that's all backups. He was facing a team with only one real strength... the WFT have a good front 4 on defense (and they got him). He's got McCarthy coaching him. I don't know of any backup who's gonna light it up under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Another late meltdown for the Falcons as Todd Gurley inadvertently scores a touchdown instead of running out the clock, giving Matt Stafford a minute or so to mount a comeback 23-22 win for the Lions.

Hey, WBE! Will you put Dallas’ Mike McCarthy on your head coach hot seat list after today’s debacle in Washington?
    Oh 100%. I think Matt Patricia moving to 3-4 is gonna also open up room for Zach Taylor after the Bengals went down today. Called it on that game, though. 37-34. Browns played down to them but still won.

Adam Gase remains the bottom of the barrel, though. Jets lose after going up 10-0, and then lose 18-10 to Buffalo. Great first half from Frank Gore, but it's hard to win when Sam Darnold starts and puts up a line of 12-23 for 120 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, QB rating of 31.0. This would be the second game in two weeks where a squad wins on 6 FGs for 18 points, and takes the victory in spite of not getting into the end zone.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-25-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Alright, I've been mostly quiet during Sunday Night Football... my only commentary:

This is a hell of a f***ing game. The storylines, the big hits, the big plays. This has been an amazing primetime game.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its clear New England needs a QB of the future at some stage. Because its becoming clear that Bill Belichick while a great coach , well he needs a great QB to help him. The proof is in the fact Cam Newton and Stidham just aren't getting it done as we see. I said this a long while back , Belichick is a great coach but Tom Brady was Tom Brady. He made Belichick look like a QB genius coach. But as I brought up in Cleveland that wasn't the case.
    That was a damn embarrassment today. I saw the highlights and Julian Edelman looked like he wanted to kill somebody on the sidelines. 33-6? Seriously, what the actual hell?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

You're not going to see a better job of clock management than that last Arizona drive at the end of regulation.

WE GOT SUNDAY NIGHT OVERTIME, BABY!

I knew he was gonna miss that kick. I f'n knew it.

This is starting to remind me of the game these teams played to a 6-6 tie a few years back.

I'm seriously having flashbacks to that 6-6 tie. These teams are gift-wrapping opportunities for the other to just take this game.

HOLY F*** THIS GAME.

Arizona trailed for the first 57 minutes of this game. Down 20-7. Down by ten points with four minutes left and forcing overtime.They picked off a guy who was on his way to being the league MVP three times. The Baker INT where Metcalfe ran him down to save a TD. Russell Wilson converting third downs while defenders are dragging him down. Kyler Murray cussing out his TE in the third quarter and getting everyone motivated. A missed game-winning FG in overtime, then a rookie getting an INT and giving them a second chance to win it.

Game of the Year, right now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More on Atlanta's literal last second loss to Detroit: People have been dumping on Todd Gurley for scoring that touchdown, giving Matt Stafford a hair over sixty seconds to stage that miracle comeback, but the real blame should be laid at the feet of the Falcons' defense which couldn't get a stop when it counted, something made even more glaring because the Lions had no timeouts for their game winning drive.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    More on Atlanta's literal last second loss to Detroit: People have been dumping on Todd Gurley for scoring that touchdown, giving Matt Stafford a hair over sixty seconds to stage that miracle comeback, but the real blame should be laid at the feet of the Falcons' defense which couldn't get a stop when it counted, something made even more glaring because the Lions had no timeouts for their game winning drive.
    The same situation played out in Cincy as we saw. The defenses didn't stop the last minute drives and cost their teams the win.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.