Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Packers Chief, it would be the State Farm Bowl.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Packers Chief, it would be the State Farm Bowl.
    Rodgers Rate vs. Patrick Price. Jake should toss the coin at midfield.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

The only one I don’t want *winning* it is Brady and the Bucks - though I don’t mind him making it there and losing.

The storylines write themselves, though:

Bucs vs Bills - decades of Revenge! for Buffalo, or Brady perceiving his annual tribute from his oppressed subjects. “Freedom!” Vs “Kneel before your master!”

Packers vs Bills - Old School vs New School personified. “Aerial assault” vs “One Man Army.”

Packers vs Chiefs - State Farm Bowl... “Who’s the Baaaaaaaad man?”

Bucs vs Chiefs - The Goat That Is vs The Goat That Could Be - “There’s only one king...”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

As a VIKINGS fan it pains me to say this, LET'S GO PACK!

Bills haven't looked as impressive in the playoffs as they have during the regular season. Call it sour grapes if you want but it's really not, Colts being cute got them beat and then it was only by 3 points. They looked a little better against Baltimore but the Ravens were not on top of things like I thought they would have. They're here though and the Colts and Raves are not. The Bills defense is better than the Chefs defense but obviously the K.C. offense is stronger on their side compared to what the Bills defense is on it's side.
    Chefs 31 Bills 21

I like Aaron Rogers, Davante Adams is my favorite player in the league, I don't have any issue with him getting another ring how many ever years removed from the last one. Another indictment on McCarthy is fine by me. Bucs defense will be the one who has to step up, I see Brady throwing at least of pair of INT's. Hopefully GB runs them back for scores.
    Pack 37 Bucs 27

State Farm Superbowl indeed.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey, Surf, you’re gonna have to give me the skinny on Sirianni as this guy literally came out of left field as a head coach candidate and I don’t know a damn thing about him.
    All I know is the Eagles love, LOVE to pick a coach that's unexpected. They've done so since they hired Andy Reid back in the 90s. Nobody saw Chip Kelly, Doug Pederson, or Sirianni as the lead candidate, they just announce it and people go, "Whaaaaa? Whooooo?"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rivers will go down like Fouts in a way. Tons of great personal marks passing wise with TD's and yards...but never could get the BIG ONE. He will have to wait a few years due to that but will go in eventually.
    I don't think he deserves the Hall or ever will get in. Just like QB's from the 80's and earlier get their era considered as a boost to their stats, QB's from this era will get their stats downgraded given how much easier it is to pass. So even though on a stat basis he appears to be a top 10 all time QB he really isn't. To look at it another way, only 5 players can get in each year across every position so one would think that if your going to make it you should at least have been a top 5 QB of your era. Rivers never was and most years was closer to 10th than 5th. Look at his contemporaries across 5 year increments of his career and tell me he was even a top 5 QB:

2005 - 2010: Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, and Kurt Warner are all clearly better than him. Warner is in the Hall of Fame and the other three will be 1st ballot. Roethlisberger is also here won a superbowl in 5 years and since Rivers will always be linked to him and they'll be close stat wise he falls behind. Then there is Eli who is far behind wins and stats wise but also has a superbowl victory and superbowl MVP here and two overall. Are all three getting in or just Roethlisberger who ascended into just as good if not better passing QB than Rivers after a few years?

2010 - 2015: Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Roethlisberger. Those six are above Rivers for sure this 5 year period and you've got QB like Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford who were putting up just as good of stats. Plus Russell Wilson is now here and while he's not peak Wilson yet he is ascending to the elite level.

2015 -2020: Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Wilson. Ryan by virtue of an MVP moves into the top 5 over Rivers. Then you have QB's like Watson and Mahomes who played a few years of this period and are better. And you still have Stafford racking up passing stats if not wins.

Or another way, are Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan Hall of Famers? Or just Hall of Very Good which is where I put them and Rivers. Ryan is currently 9th all time in passing yards and only about 8000 behind Rivers. He's only 35 and if he plays to 40 could move up to #3. Stafford is currently #16 but only 32 years old and if he averages 4000 yards passing over the next 5 years could move up to 5th to 7th depending on how far Ryan and Rodgers, both currently ahead of him, go.

Mahomes is out of the concussion protocols and cleared to play Sunday.

Bucs will be without WR Antonio Brown in their game. Arians announced he will not be travelling with the team as he is not recovering quickly enough but hopes to have him if the Bucs advance.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

Bucs will be without WR Antonio Brown in their game. Arians announced he will not be travelling with the team as he is not recovering quickly enough but hopes to have him if the Bucs advance.

-M
    Now the big question is .....is Mahomes coming back too soon ? Will he feel the effects out there ? Buffalo still has the advantage here since they have a solid defense and Mahomes ...is a big question mark still health wise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Brady still has enough targets to score. And a good running game. The big battle is Rodgers against the Bucs D.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Brady still has enough targets to score. And a good running game. The big battle is Rodgers against the Bucs D.
    Brady's won with less ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I feel that Rogers will have to throw on the run and on the rollout to be able to pass effectively. The Bucs D is going to harass him endlessly otherwise. Rogers will make the D get tired. Nevertheless, I feel that the Bucs will be triumphant.

Bills are rolling, but the Chiefs have a better, well-rounded team. Even with Mahomes being questionable, his questionable is better than about 90 percent of other player's full strength.

Bucs versus Chiefs Superbowl. GOAT vs nuGOAT
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I feel that Rogers will have to throw on the run and on the rollout to be able to pass effectively. The Bucs D is going to harass him endlessly otherwise. Rogers will make the D get tired. Nevertheless, I feel that the Bucs will be triumphant.

Bills are rolling, but the Chiefs have a better, well-rounded team. Even with Mahomes being questionable, his questionable is better than about 90 percent of other player's full strength.

Bucs versus Chiefs Superbowl. GOAT vs nuGOAT
    Personally I just want to see a team play the Superbowl in their own stadium, and this season looks like the best chance.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert that Matt Stafford and the Lions have parted ways. I’m sure Indy will be one of the first teams inquiring about his services.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!