Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
Watching some of the Giants/Washington team game in my area since we have that. Its brought up how bad the Giants offense as a whole has been with them last in scoring in the league in redzone. But its a tale of 2 teams in a sense on how they are working on their young QB's , as both are entering 2nd seasons here. With NY at 0-5 they aren't even thinking of benching Daniel Jones as he shows some good stuff out there with touch and throws. He just threw a nice 25+ yard TD pass with good touch on a all out blitz from Washington.

Meanwhile in Washington they benched their 2nd year QB after 4 games blaming him for the team being 1-3 at one point. With Rivera wanting to WIN NOW and watching it seemingly backfire. Allen hasn't played anywhere better with the people around him thus far in 2 weeks and they had Alex Smith coming back from a broken leg to take numerous sacks last week in a stupid move.

But its the tale of 2 teams. 1 team is letting their young QB play through. Knowing they aren't trying to win the divison right now. Not with who they have currently while the other team has deluded itself into a belief it has a chance at winning a weak ass division while still having offensive issues.
As this relates to me "fire this coach watch"...

Denver & Vic Fangio are up 18-3 at home over New England entering the 4th quarter. Sure, it will only be their second win, but heat comes off when you win.
Detroit is up big right now against Jacksonville. Same outlook should help take some pressure off of Matt Patricia.
If Washington loses this game... well, New York wins, pressure off of Joe Judge.

But the WFT would drop to 1-5 and have a fustercluck situation at QB with the carousel they're spinning. I want to be clear, here... I don't think Ron Rivera is a bad coach. I think this roster is hot garbage, but he didn't build it. Their QB and skill positions are woeful, and I wouldn't put it on him. It's bad practice for a franchise to fire coaches after only one year. Also, if this wasn't obvious... it would be really f***ed up if the team fired a guy who's trying to coach THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS.

So, based on everything I know about Daniel Snyder being a colossal ***hole... he would absolutely still fire Ron Rivera and then try to spin it in the media that he was doing him a favor because of said cancer.

And I can't avoid putting Ron Rivera on my list of potential coaches to fire. Even if I think he shouldn't be fired, Dan Snyder is a bad enough owner and person that he'd do it.