Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Josh is tearing up the Dolphins. 400+ passing yards and 4 TDs so far.
    But the Phins kept it within 3 points with Fitz throwing for over 300 of his own.
    The Falcons basically give Dallas an onside kick to let the Boys win.
    Rodgers continues to be The Man with a strong win over the Lions.
    Tannersville shows last year was not a fluke with another impressive day for Tenn win.
    Both NY teams are still not good, but the Giants made a game of it, with just not being able to score on the last play. Loss of Barkley is bad.
    The Jets just suck because their coach sucks. Should be fired.
    Moving across the State was good for Fournette.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Brady would easily have 3-5 rings in his prime sans Bill. Maybe even out of his prime..
    On what team? You are saying that Brady is that much better than Payton or Brees or Rodgers that he could win 5 on teams they won 1?
    What if Brady was on Cleveland or Arizona, still 3 to 5? I just don't see it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But the Phins kept it within 3 points with Fitz throwing for over 300 of his own.
    Tannersville shows last year was not a fluke with another impressive day for Tenn win.
    Both NY teams are still not good, but the Giants made a game of it, with just not being able to score on the last play. Loss of Barkley is bad.
    Bolded for truth. How the hell do you get a half of football with no Jimmy G, no Mostert, no Bosa, and no Thomas... the 49ers go the whole game missing their top two WRs and their elite TE...

And YOUR TEAM gets blown out?

Easy. They've already quit on you because you're a bug-eyed fraud.

Last edited by worstblogever; 09-20-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Fournette was always a good solid RB and could grind out yards as we have seen . Its just his attitude pissed off the Jaguars to a point they wanted him gone.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It appears Nick Bosa and Barkley are both out for the season. Bosa has a torn ACL and Barkley's early tests are coming back as that. They will know more tomorrow. Jimmy Garappolo has a high ankle sprain.

KC seems to be struggling early against San Diego. I really question this defense as I did last year. Will have to wait and see if they can meld together as they did down the stretch last year or not.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

On what team? You are saying that Brady is that much better than Payton or Brees or Rodgers that he could win 5 on teams they won 1?
    What if Brady was on Cleveland or Arizona, still 3 to 5? I just don't see it.
    Yes, Brady is that good. Will he be as an old man? We shall see ... And BTW I meant Eli, not Payton. I should have made that more clear.

I would have to do a deep dive to give you more specifics but AZ in that stretch of 20 years had a SB run. If he goes to a crap team and does well, he gets traded or goes FA or they get better pieces. Etc.

I fail to see how that is hard to grasp.

That is like saying Montana wouldn't win on another team. Or Payton Manning. Or Elway, Unitas, Favre, Etc. They all are generational talents. Some were once in a lifetime when they played.

Brady is once in a lifetime.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All those QBs won on really good teams. So if he is on the Colts, he wins 1 as well, like Payton. But not 5. If he's stuck on San Diego, he's Rivers.
    Dan Marino might have been the best QB to ever play, how many Rings does he have?

Here is a wild stat , Tom Brady hasn't lost 4 games in a row stretching back 18 seasons right now. Its a pretty long streak but an announcer brought up that the last time Brady lost 4 games in a row was 2002. That is a pretty wild stat line to have. He was close to that spot again as he had lost his final 2 games in New England and the opening week game with Tampa.

Neither did Bellichek, and that includes a season Brady didn't play.

SD is looking good AND KC is looking bad.

Tannersville shows last year was not a fluke with another impressive day for Tenn win.defenders
    Yeah, a couple of key defenders for the Bills were injured this week. Didn't think it would affect the defense this badly though.

Still, this performance should help lay to rest his "lack of accuracy" on deep balls. He had several right on the money, in stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, a couple of key defenders for the Bills were injured this week. Didn't think it would affect the defense this badly though.

Still, this performance should help lay to rest his "lack of accuracy" on deep balls. He had several right on the money, in stride.
    I'd say a big problem with Allen is something either Collingsworth or Romo brought up. Allen was like a lot of young QB's (Mahomes included his 1st season starting) who believe in that HR shot constantly. They will go deep ALL THE TIME and not checking to better options believing the arm can win above all else. Mahomes in his 2019 season was better , because he understood exactly what he could give and take from a defense. He wasn't trying to push as hard and played better with it.

The Bills have started making Allen really study whats out there for this to happen. He has the tools and week 1 showed him throwing shorter routes and not going for HR shots as we know.

That KC/LAC game was pretty damn good. I was sorry to see either team lose. Herbert looks like the real deal.

Pat Mahomes putting KC again on his back and saying ...I'm the best fucking QB of this generation and no one can say a word. Because he literally CLICKED ON in that 4th quarter.

This is Mahomes 4th , 4th quarter comeback and 5th game winning drive in regular season in 2 seasons and 2 games thus far.

I do love how Josh McDaniels who is a pretty solid offensive coordinator basically has taken this west coast system and tailored it to fit Cam Newton a lot the last 2 weeks. Its said that the Patriots plan to keep evolving the offense more to fit Newton . (Tom believed in short passing game with big shots at times due to lack of mobility, Newton is a deep throwing QB with his ability to run more)