Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All those QBs won on really good teams. So if he is on the Colts, he wins 1 as well, like Payton. But not 5. If he's stuck on San Diego, he's Rivers.
    Dan Marino might have been the best QB to ever play, how many Rings does he have?
    Brady is much better than Rivers. He wouldn’t crap the bed in 2018 or 2006

Pretyy rockin' game in Seattle. 2 pt conversion fails Pats down 5.

This N.E. team looks different under Cam.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Another instant goal line classic between NE and SEA!

I love seeing these 2 teams play!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Another instant goal line classic between NE and SEA!

I love seeing these 2 teams play!
    Yes. I’m not even mad we lost. Wilson finally has a legit team around him on offense for the first time in a few years, he’s my MVP pick. Cam is to real btw. Pats should be viewed as favorited in the AFC East again

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They all are generational talents. Some were once in a lifetime when they played.
    Pure talent wise I feel Brady falls short of a generational talent. Randall Cunningham is way more of a pire talent at QB than Brady. With Brady opportunities (i.e. 20 yeara of no real competition in division) have helped Brady the entire way. Apples to apples, Brees is more of a pure talent than Brady isn't he? Yet he only has the one championship, tougher road in his division and more so in conference. I don't like Brady same time I can't front on his skill level... I understand the most talented QB's are rarely if ever the most acomplished by way of chips. If you have enough appearances in Super Bowls it's hard to argue against that rarified air but...c'mon. Russ Wilson can do anything prime Brady could do and a lot more on a talent basis. Brady also played in more than a few close Super Bowls, granted he was a mpnster in nearly all of them but having the skill to make the absolute most out of your opportunities is what was truly generational about Brady. He has few peers but there are a few.
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Eagles were taken behind the woodshed yesterday in a 37-19 loss to the Rams. Our defense simply couldn't get any timely, drive quashing stops and let TE Tyler Higbee score three TD's. Meanwhile, our offense was erratic because QB Carson Wentz was erratic, he was leading an excellent drive to start the second half, but an interception in the end zone with L.A. leading 21-16 was a killer and we never got any closer after that. Next up, rookie QB Joe Burrow and the 0-2 Bengals.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I think I'm going to have a post every late Monday/early Tuesday for "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" watch.

Already have three candidates leading the way who, honestly, if they even make it through this season, it's only because of Covid-19 making it a hassle to have any change made.

But I can think of three coaches who are absolutely in danger of getting a pink slip when their teams go into their BYE week.

More after MNF tonight...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I think I'm going to have a post every late Monday/early Tuesday for "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" watch.

Already have three candidates leading the way who, honestly, if they even make it through this season, it's only because of Covid-19 making it a hassle to have any change made.

But I can think of three coaches who are absolutely in danger of getting a pink slip when their teams go into their BYE week.

I can guess at two right away: Adam Gase (Jets) and Matt Patricia (Lions).

Meanwhile, I know this is a LONG way off, as in five and a half months off, but does anyone here think that it's in any way conceivable that the Super Bowl could be played in an empty stadium if COVID isn't either fully under control or a vaccine hasn't been rolled out?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yes. I’m not even mad we lost. Wilson finally has a legit team around him on offense for the first time in a few years, he’s my MVP pick. Cam is to real btw. Pats should be viewed as favorited in the AFC East again
    If the Patriots win with Cam, Brady's place in history will change for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Gase would be the obvious but under him the Jets are the favorite for the #1 pick. They might win 4 games and then what are going to do with Darnold if they get Lawrence. Gase is gone but not quite gone, gone if you get what I'm sayin. Even if they jettison Gase early, they need a top down rebuild, yet again and that's a process they've never been good at so why rush it. Ya mans in Atlanta just lost the Superbowl all over again after losing to Dallas, how this guy is still around after what happened since is beyond me. His seat is the hottest right now.
    You bet yer ass.

WHose ready?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Injury updates...

MRI confirms Saquaon Barkley has a torn ACL.

Also confirmed, Christian McCaffrey has a high ankle sprain and will miss several weeks.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Week 2 was a walking ER trip. Thus far ...

OUT FOR SEASON :

Saquaon Barkley
    Cortland Sutton
    Malik Hooker
    Nick Bosa

Out for Weeks in season :

Drew Lock
    Christian McCaffrey
    Kaleb McGary
    Parris Campbell
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If the Patriots win with Cam, Brady's place in history will change for me.
    I think it might also depend on what the Bucs can accomplish with Brady, but they are going to have a very tough road.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Gase would be the obvious but under him the Jets are the favorite for the #1 pick. They might win 4 games and then what are going to do with Darnold if they get Lawrence. Gase is gone but not quite gone, gone if you get what I'm sayin. Even if they jettison Gase early, they need a top down rebuild, yet again and that's a process they've never been good at so why rush it. Ya mans in Atlanta just lost the Superbowl all over again after losing to Dallas, how this guy is still around after what happened since is beyond me. His seat is the hottest right now.
    Forgot about Dan Quinn. Any more choke jobs like yesterday and he'll be gone before Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Injury updates...

MRI confirms Saquaon Barkley has a torn ACL.

Also confirmed, Christian McCaffrey has a high ankle sprain and will miss several weeks.

-M
    From what I've heard, the Giants' offense wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders WITH Barkley, now all the pressure will be on QB Daniel Jones, and that could spell trouble. Meanwhile, in Carolina, Teddy Bridgewater didn't exactly wow anyone yesterday, without McCaffrey, the Panthers look to be toothless.