Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

The Jets haven't had integrity since the Johnsons bought them.

As for the Eagles, forget the rest of the league and all the fans, as Superecwfan1 pointed out, his players are disgusted with what he did.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-05-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Is there any way Pederson can regain authority in his players' eyes? Or is he the first coach on the chopping block in mid-2021 season?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Is there any way Pederson can regain authority in his players' eyes? Or is he the first coach on the chopping block in mid-2021 season?
    I think he can at least be honest with them and tell them they tanked because the owners said too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think he can at least be honest with them and tell them they tanked because the owners said too.
    A number of veterans may want to leave. Kelce its said is debating retirement after so many seasons of playing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, spare me the integrity blather. The Jets and Jacksonville actively shit on integrity with their tanking routine the whole damn season, not just one freaking quarter, Pittsburgh sent out the JV team on Sunday and lost to Cleveland which, in turn, knocked out Miami. You think the Dolphins aren’t angry at that? As I’ve already said, the only reason this is an issue at all was because it happened in prime time with everyone watching, if that had been a 1 p.m. game, few outside of NFC Least would’ve noticed or cared, because, like you said, no one from the division deserved to make the postseason. Regarding Pederson, he made his bed with that call (though some suspect said call came down from the front office who wanted to move up and he covered for them), he’ll have to deal with the fallout with the players, that’s his problem, he’s a grown ass man making the big coin to deal with that sort of thing. As for being disgusted by the league, big freaking deal, I could care less, if anything, that’s hypocritical bullshit from “the whole NFL” since numerous teams pulled that same maneuver at one time or another, just not as stupidly blatant like the Eagles had done. Now, if what happened Sunday spurs some sort of rule from the competition committee that prevents teams from late season tanking, I’m all for it, and more.
    Had the Eagles desperately tried to win the game, having no chance at going anywhere, the WFT could have had the same exact reaction as the Giants are having right now. This same thing happens all the time especially when teams that are no way going to make the playoffs go all out and play spoiler. And its part of what I love about the NFL.

Besides who TF cares what the Eagles did? Oh yah, the idiot SNF announcing team, harping on it the entire time because there was nothing else for them to talk about. I hate Collinsworth "women understand the NFL?" already, he has a very high opinion of himself and literally has nothing to back it up. At least he has backed off being such a prick of a bandwagoner for the Patriots. But I blame that SNF team for this tempest in a teacup.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-05-2021 at 02:10 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I mean...... That's the big one I guess, I'm sure he looks a whole hell of a lot worse and that stink is rising through the organization at this point. For as much as a dope he's been this season, and this situation is screwed coming and going, HE's STILL the most successful coach in the NFC EAST lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Besides who TF cares what the Eagles did? Oh yah, the idiot SNF announcing team, harping on it the entire time because there was nothing else for them to talk about. I hate Collinsworth "women understand the NFL?" already, he has a very high opinion of himself and literally has nothing to back it up. At least he has backed off being such a prick of a bandwagoner for the Patriots. But I blame that team for this tempest in a teacup.

ESPN , Fox Sports , Philadelphia sports writers , ex-players and more actually have sounded off on this. I mean trying to claim its just the Sunday Night crew who had to watch that play out doesn't stop the blow back this caused for days.

I mean Rich Eisen decided to comically mock Pederson after it on his show...

I did laugh at the new phrase coaches can use when they decide to copy and tank ala Pederson. "I need to look at what I got in Nate Sudfield."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

If I was a player, I wouldn't want to play for him anymore.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, spare me the integrity blather. The Jets and Jacksonville actively shit on integrity with their tanking routine the whole damn season, not just one freaking quarter, Pittsburgh sent out the JV team on Sunday and lost to Cleveland which, in turn, knocked out Miami. You think the Dolphins aren’t angry at that? As I’ve already said, the only reason this is an issue at all was because it happened in prime time with everyone watching, if that had been a 1 p.m. game, few outside of NFC Least would’ve noticed or cared, because, like you said, no one from the division deserved to make the postseason. Regarding Pederson, he made his bed with that call (though some suspect said call came down from the front office who wanted to move up and he covered for them), he’ll have to deal with the fallout with the players, that’s his problem, he’s a grown ass man making the big coin to deal with that sort of thing. As for being disgusted by the league, big freaking deal, I could care less, if anything, that’s hypocritical bullshit from “the whole NFL” since numerous teams pulled that same maneuver at one time or another, just not as stupidly blatant like the Eagles had done. Now, if what happened Sunday spurs some sort of rule from the competition committee that prevents teams from late season tanking, I’m all for it, and more.
    The Dolphins might have a stronger argument if they hadn't gotten shithammered by 30 points in their own game. Resting players heading into the playoffs is not the same thing as actively pulling a good player for one who has no business being in a close game and justifying it with an excuse a five year old wouldn't buy. You could even see a clip of Hurts on the bench shaking his head saying "That's not right" all over Twitter. It's bullshit what Pederson did, period.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Moving on from a Coach who sold his team out on National TV to move up 3 spots in draft....

NFL News...

- Houston Texans are close to signing a guy they wanted as GM back in 2019. Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio is expected to be the next GM of the franchise. The Texans wanted Caserio back in 2019 but the Patriots blocked the move. Then the Texans handed Bill O'Brien the GM job after that season in 2020 and that lasted so many months. Caserio is coming into a terrible situation as J.J Watt wants out , the team has problems above him with moves they had with an Executive they have promoted insanely , and have little Salary cap space and no 1st rd draft pick for next season.

- The NFL has narrowed its Modern era NFL Hall of Fame finalist list to 15. On the list is Peyton Manning , Darrell Woodson , Calvin Johnson and Sam Mills to just name a few. Its said that 2 locks likely are Peyton Manning and Calvin Johnson. Megatron retired early but was so dominant at WR he still put up Hall of Fame numbers ...and that was with Detroit.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

One man's predictions on the weekend slate of wild card games:

SATURDAY
    Bills 27, Colts 17
    Seahawks 20, Rams 14:
    Buccaneers 34, Deadskins 10

SUNDAY
    Ravens 28, Titans 24
    Saints 42, Bears 13
    Steelers 17, Browns 13
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    If I was a player, I wouldn't want to play for him anymore.
    You are literally putting your life on the line on the field with risk of head injuries in a NORMAL season. In this one?

And this clown tanks, with you putting it all out there?

Yeah, I don't care if he called the Philly Special, this is beyond f***ed to do to your team for what they're sacrificing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Jets haven't had integrity since the Johnsons bought them.

As for the Eagles, forget the rest of the league and all the fans, as Superecwfan1 pointed out, his players are disgusted with what he did.

The NY Jets have sucked for years before the Johnsons bought the team. I mean pull up the 80's draft clips of them passing on talented players to draft reaches at DE or FB's in comedic fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NY Jets have sucked for years before the Johnsons bought the team. I mean pull up the 80's draft clips of them passing on talented players to draft reaches at DE or FB's in comedic fashion.
    It's a tradition that the NY-centered draft was Eagles fans booing their pick, and the Jets fans being a mix of boos and complete confusion as to what the team was doing.

It's a tradition that the NY-centered draft was Eagles fans booing their pick, and the Jets fans being a mix of boos and complete confusion as to what the team was doing.
    I actually have the 1995 NFL Draft on tape I recorded and that was funny for what we saw. Warren Sapp on the board and the Jets fans are chanting his name. Before this Sapp had behind the scenes issues where a claim was made he failed a pot test I believe for smoking it. This caused him to slip right to Jets. Which had the team decide to draft Kyle Brady (TE) instead !

A fact even Bill Belichick was stunned because he was HC of the Browns and he wanted Brady and was gonna select him with next pick.