Page 102 of 126 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Buffalo has the big edge with a good defense and solid offense here. They are the team to watch basically.
    Yet the Colts would have won had the kicked that FG and an extra point instead of going for 2.

But yeah, they are a strong team.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Meanwhile LAR are handling the Seahawks 20 -10

End of game, pretty impressive win by the Rams, mostly due to their D. But they did manage to put up 30 points. Solid 30-20 win.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-09-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Seahawks fall apart and really the game was gift wrapped to them with Goff not starting due to injury.

MEANWHILE....the LEGEND OF TAYLOR HIENIKIE has begun ! The insane wild scrambling he's done in one series was so wild and your thinking ...oh , oh they , no....NO HE'S FREE ! That TD dive was wild as Dungy detailed he had taken to the air at the 4-5 yard line and stayed in air to hit the cone. Washington may lose this , but this kid deserves a legit chance next year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Brady tonight became the oldest player in NFL history (passing George Blanda) in a playoff game to throw a TD. At 43+ years old , Brady continues his run and basically has proven he's the Greatest that has ever played QB. Its no lie , he made the Patriots work. In Tampa he has melded together a system of his and Arians to work. Also , Chase Young ...calling out Tom Brady is not the wisest thing as we know. Never give Brady that personal chip on his shoulder to drive himself to win. (Its becoming wild at this stage Brady has to continue to have players or reporters do this)

Taylor Hienikie to come in out of nowhere to do what he has in a playoff game...that is impressive. I really hope Rivera gives that kid a shot next year. The scrambles he did ...well here is the TD one ....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

As for the teams not getting in this year...

I was driving to work and knew that with Tampa Bay and Cleveland getting in the playoffs this year, my mind wandered to, "Wait, who has the longest playoff drought now?" There's 14 teams getting in this year, and the modern NFL has moved away from dynasties and into the parity concept, so that no city goes too long without having some hope for their local franchise. And it shows, given this list:

The Jets are now left holding the bag as the NFL team who has gone the longest without making the playoffs, ten full seasons since they were challenging the Patriots for the NFC East, in the Rex Ryan era.
    Arizona is tied for second, five years removed from the Bruce Arians era.
    Cincinatti, also five years, during the twilight of the Marvin Lewis era of making the playoffs, but losing immediately in Wild Card rounds.
    Denver, tied for second, is five years removed from having had Peyton Manning lead them to a Super Bowl victory.
    There are four teams tied for fifth longest playoff drought with a mere four years. Raiders, Dolphins, Giants, Lions.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Seahawks fall apart and really the game was gift wrapped to them with Goff not starting due to injury.

MEANWHILE....the LEGEND OF TAYLOR HIENIKIE has begun ! The insane wild scrambling he's done in one series was so wild and your thinking ...oh , oh they , no....NO HE'S FREE ! That TD dive was wild as Dungy detailed he had taken to the air at the 4-5 yard line and stayed in air to hit the cone. Washington may lose this , but this kid deserves a legit chance next year.
    I had this game as a rout for Tampa, but the Deadskins made that more of a fight than I thought it would. As for Heinicke (I see his name and it makes me think of beer, and I don't drink the stuff), how much of that scramble could be attributed to Tampa having no film on him and not anticipating what he did? Oh, yeah, he's 27 and on his third team, so he's hardly a kid.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I had this game as a rout for Tampa, but the Deadskins made that more of a fight than I thought it would. As for Heinicke (I see his name and it makes me think of beer, and I don't drink the stuff), how much of that scramble could be attributed to Tampa having no film on him and not anticipating what he did? Oh, yeah, he's 27 and on his third team, so he's hardly a kid.
    There was 2 big runs he made there. The 1st one was way more wild as the defense appeared to have a sack. He danced inside the pocket comically and your thinking , oh....oh , he's free ! The players rallied behind him. Age doesn't matter for some QB's who find a place. Remember Kurt Warner. Not saying Heinicke is that guy , but after coming in the last 2 weeks with no real chance to win and giving that burst , gonna be hard to say...lets put him back on bench.

Let Smith be his QB coach player as he did with Mahomes. See what this kid can do next year.

Smith has to be done, it was a remarkable come back this year, but he is just tempting fate now to be permanently crippled. I am sure they will make moves for a QB in the off season, but they should give Heinikie the #2 slot and a shot at being the starter.

I respected Smith for his having had the courage to play this season, hell, if he isn’t named Comeback Player of the Year, there should be an investigation. That said, he needs to hang up his cleats, the fact he couldn’t take the field last night in a winner take all game was proof his time is over. Let him stay with Washington as quarterback coach or offensive coordinator in training, that way, he can stay in football without actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I respected Smith for his having had the courage to play this season, hell, if he isn’t named Comeback Player of the Year, there should be an investigation. That said, he needs to hang up his cleats, the fact he couldn’t take the field last night in a winner take all game was proof his time is over. Let him stay with Washington as quarterback coach or offensive coordinator in training, that way, he can stay in football without actually playing.
    Reid has openly said he'd hire back Smith as a QB coach or offensive assistant to train for a role. I'd say go back to Kansas City and join Reid's staff.
    's

Brady tonight became the oldest player in NFL history (passing George Blanda) in a playoff game to throw a TD. At 43+ years old , Brady continues his run and basically has proven he's the Greatest that has ever played QB. Its no lie , he made the Patriots work. In Tampa he has melded together a system of his and Arians to work. Also , Chase Young ...calling out Tom Brady is not the wisest thing as we know. Never give Brady that personal chip on his shoulder to drive himself to win. (Its becoming wild at this stage Brady has to continue to have players or reporters do this)

Taylor Hienikie to come in out of nowhere to do what he has in a playoff game...that is impressive. I really hope Rivera gives that kid a shot next year. The scrambles he did ...well here is the TD one ....

Video is blocked by the NFL.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am taking a break from the madness of watching the news and focusing on my Saints giving the hurt on Da Bears!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As for the teams not getting in this year...

I was driving to work and knew that with Tampa Bay and Cleveland getting in the playoffs this year, my mind wandered to, "Wait, who has the longest playoff drought now?" There's 14 teams getting in this year, and the modern NFL has moved away from dynasties and into the parity concept, so that no city goes too long without having some hope for their local franchise. And it shows, given this list:

The Jets are now left holding the bag as the NFL team who has gone the longest without making the playoffs, ten full seasons since they were challenging the Patriots for the NFC East, in the Rex Ryan era.
    Arizona is tied for second, five years removed from the Bruce Arians era.
    Cincinatti, also five years, during the twilight of the Marvin Lewis era of making the playoffs, but losing immediately in Wild Card rounds.
    Denver, tied for second, is five years removed from having had Peyton Manning lead them to a Super Bowl victory.
    There are four teams tied for fifth longest playoff drought with a mere four years. Raiders, Dolphins, Giants, Lions.
    This to me is what parity was supposed to be aiming for - even if a team can get a long term QB and stay on top for a decade or more, one has to have truly awful ownership to remain at the bottom for that kind of time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Stories are coming out about Deshaun Watson going to Miami for Tua and draft picks. I really like Tua, but man, Watson is the 2nd or 3rd best QB this year and would make Miami a force.

Reid has openly said he'd hire back Smith as a QB coach or offensive assistant to train for a role. I'd say go back to Kansas City and join Reid's staff.
    's
    That would be a smart move, especially if Reid loses current OC Eric Bieniemy to another team as a head coach.