Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I know, if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts" we'd all have a Merry Christmas, but the final score belies how much the Ravens' D kept them in that game. Their kicker and QB let them down.
    J.K. Dobbins had a pair of drops, one from each Raven QB that helmed a couple big offensive stalls as well.

One of my biggest question s remains, wtf was Griffin 3 doin being hurt at this stage of things for him?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The big worry in KC is whether Pat Mahomes will be able to play. Mahomes will push himself as we know to take that field. But the NFL has concussion protection and likely may make the guy sit. If Henne does have to start Buffalo has a great shot at making the Super Bowl.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The big worry in KC is whether Pat Mahomes will be able to play. Mahomes will push himself as we know to take that field. But the NFL has concussion protection and likely may make the guy sit. If Henne does have to start Buffalo has a great shot at making the Super Bowl.
    Definitely a case where the league will have to protect Mahomes from himself, even if it keeps the Chiefs from a return trip to the Super Bowl, because there’s no way in hell Henne will take them there.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I like Brees and the Saints here (never a Brady fan) but GB is my team for the SB, so I should really look at which team The Packers will have a better chance with.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well Jameis Winston finally got to throw for a touchdown in a Bucs playoff game. I'd say the fact that it was to the other team would be unusual, but then this is Jameis Winston so not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like Brees and the Saints here (never a Brady fan) but GB is my team for the SB, so I should really look at which team The Packers will have a better chance with.
    Brady at Lambeau finally moves Rodgers up the ladder if he wins that one.

That's who I would root for if I were a Packers fan.

Rodgers vs. Mahomes helps either team and player raise their profile, win or lose.

Bills ... I just don't see them going. They are a pretty mistake-ridden team and I've been surprised they have not blown a game already. I was surprised the Browns didn't fair better but they are looking sharp. I think they have another run or two in the team still.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Brady at Lambeau finally moves Rodgers up the latter if he wins that one.

That's who I would root for if I were a Packers fan.
    Watching now, NO looks like it would be more trouble.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Watching now, NO looks like it would be more trouble.
    I think no matter how you cut, the Packers are in control of their destiny. They are the team to beat.

Brady is Brady but the Bucs D has some problems that are perfect for Rodgers and their RB to exploit.

Bills don't have the speed to stop a Rodgers' bomb show. And they tend to oversell and that works in the Packers' favor.

Saints just don't look healthy for a deeper run than they have done so far. If they make it past the Bucs, I think the Saints are staring at a blowout loss. I think the Packer's can keep them off to more FGs than TDs and run an air raid. Like the Bills, the Saints just don't seem to have the speed to catch up when Rodgers starts going off.

KC ... that is the team I think they would struggle the most with after the Bucs but it is more winnable because like the Saints ... they just don't look healthy at the moment.

Now I am one to root for the toughest challenge for my team and want a good game.

That being said, I really think the Packers are standing out ahead of all the other teams right now.

They are driving the playoff train.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Game over, man.

The legend of TB12 grows again.

I hope after he's done with the Bucs, he goes to the worst team in the league and brings them to a SB, Cinderella style.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Game over, man.

The legend of TB12 grows again.

I hope after he's done with the Bucs, he goes to the worst team in the league and brings them to SB, Cinderella style.
    The Bucs D is winning this.

I don't see them doing this against Rodgers, so next week could be vastly different.

The Bucs D is winning this.

I don't see them doing this against Rodgers, so next week could be vastly different.
    Sure. I don't really see them scoring points but they are helping put the OFF in a good position.

Even if your team is crappy, Brady automatically raises that team up several pegs on his experience alone.

BTW ...

Brady now has a rushing TD in the regular season and playoffs in 3 different decades.

That is insane. And he's not even mobile.

I wasn't saying Brady wasn't playing well, but the D gave them the ball in great spots 3 times, and they have stopped Brees.

I want to say this about Drew Brees....and well...yes this is a terrible game to possibly end a career on. But the man literally deserves all the praise and honors he achieved. No one overcame more odds , had more stacked against him to be the Hall of Fame player he became. Fox only mentioned his college or HS time. But lets go deeper on what HEART can do for you.

- Drew Brees was considered a 2nd or 3rd rd QB coming out of the NFL Draft. At the time the Chargers had the #1 overall pick and everyone was going gaga over Michael Vick. Atlanta sent some draft picks and the Chargers traded down to get LT. Then in the 2nd rd they selected a reach (by many) for Drew Brees. His height was a big issue. That he barely was over 6'0 and people questioned how he could work in NFL.

- Brees took a year or 2 to get used to the NFL. In 2002/2003 Brees had only thrown for 5,300+ yards 28 TD's and 31 Ints. The Chargers deemed Brees a BUST. They were literally giving up on him within 2 seasons because they expected way more. It took Marty Schottenheimer for Brees and a system that helped make him turn things around. Brees would throw for over 6,700+ yards 41 TD's and 22 Ints as the Chargers became a contender in AFC West then.

- In 2005 Brees was assured by ownership he would be signed to an extension. Phillip Rivers was gonna be traded that off season as Brees had earned the starting spot. Then in a playoff game Brees hurt his passing shoulder. He was due to sign a new deal soon but suddenly the Chargers gave up on Brees....AGAIN. This time only wanting to sign him to a 1 year deal due to fear of his shoulder and letting him walk away for NOTHING.

- Brees visited Miami where they passed on him due to his shoulder. Its said Brees was really wanting to play for the Dolphins but their medical team said he was too much a risk. Brees left and signed with New Orleans. An organization that had , had years of sadness. A city needed a hero after Katrina. Drew Brees gave that city and people that.

The city needs to build a statue of Brees outside the stadium the moment he retires. His work with children charities and that city ...well he deserves it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well said Super.
    No excuses, but I think clearly Brees was not 100% today because of the ribs, and they didn't have Hill. He obviously could not throw down field and those picks were nor what we usually se with Brees.

Well said Super.
    No excuses, but I think clearly Brees was not 100% today because of the ribs, and they didn't have Hill. He obviously could not throw down field and those picks were nor what we usually se with Brees.
    Oh yeah and the fact his arm strength had been slipping as well. He no longer can throw the deep ball and if you can't challenge a team deep...your not gonna do well. I hate this is his last game but he needs to call it a career.