Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Watson has asked to go to Jets, has he not?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to the ESPN oddsmakers ...Tampa Bay are considered 3.5 favorites to win this Super Bowl.

- Kansas City is playing without 2 of their starting tackles in this game. Basically the right and left tackles are gonna be out.

- They are the away team in this game.

- KC's defense has to stop Brady and his weapons he has on offense.

Chiefs are heading into this one like last year as underdogs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to the ESPN oddsmakers ...Tampa Bay are considered 3.5 favorites to win this Super Bowl.

- Kansas City is playing without 2 of their starting tackles in this game. Basically the right and left tackles are gonna be out.

- They are the away team in this game.

- KC's defense has to stop Brady and his weapons he has on offense.

Chiefs are heading into this one like last year as underdogs.
    I think that is going to be the critical factor in this game.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Watson has asked to go to Jets, has he not?
    Is there a bigger burn on Houston that the guy would rather play for THAT franchise than the McNairs?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think that is going to be the critical factor in this game.
    Mahomes is great , but can even he carry a team with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Is there a bigger burn on Houston that the guy would rather play for THAT franchise than the McNairs?
    The owners have themselves to blame here. The guy literally lied....TWICE to Watson in the span of weeks. Its almost insane to see someone do that to their franchise QB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Mahomes is great , but can even he carry a team with this ?

The owners have themselves to blame here. The guy literally lied....TWICE to Watson in the span of weeks. Its almost insane to see someone do that to their franchise QB.
    I think what is more telling is that JJ appears to be leaving, too.

And he's very vested in the community there.

I was reading Peter King's column this morning and another big factor in Watson wanting out is the fact the team continues to employ Jack Easterby. According to the stuff in King's column, apparently none of the players trust him. Which given the stuff I've read about him, is the right move. He appears to be the biggest kind of scum.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I was reading Peter King's column this morning and another big factor in Watson wanting out is the fact the team continues to employ Jack Easterby. According to the stuff in King's column, apparently none of the players trust him. Which given the stuff I've read about him, is the right move. He appears to be the biggest kind of scum.
    The owner seems hell bent on choosing his executive over his franchise QB. Its gonna be a silly situation to see unfold for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The owner seems hell bent on choosing his executive over his franchise QB. Its gonna be a silly situation to see unfold for sure.
    And it wasn't like people just were using the Watson situation to dunk on Easterby. Sports Illustrated was already discussing him in December, prior to all this.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex...le-daily-cover

At this point, you wonder if he has blackmail photos of the McNair family, or something.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

At this point, you wonder if he has blackmail photos of the McNair family, or something.

The 30 seconds the Cal McNair dropped on Friday during the press conference to introduce David Culley as YOUR NEW HC was pretty much hostage video 101 level ****. Then too, these guys, these insulated people who come from wealth can be persuaded. I've seen it happen with Irsay who ranted and raved about Grigson and being the son he never had and the dude had no background whatsoever and failed spectacularly. I feel Roseman has a similar situation over Jeffrie Laurie. THAT dude has survived Chip Kelly and got Pederson the fk out of their, meanwhile the drafting has been a struggle for some time in Philly. They've been dependent on these brokedown vets since, well, a Superbowl is the best deodorant there is
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Some owners form a close friendship with their GM's and team presidents as we know. Carl Peterson and Lamar Hunt became very close. A fact that Peterson had a 20 year run as GM. Of course what made Peterson work was he drafted a number of Hall of Fame caliber players in his time in KC.

- Derrick Thomas (1989) *
    - Will Shields (1993) *
    - Tony Gonzalez (1997)*

Plus other future potential Hall of Fame players in Tim Grunhard , Dave Szott , Jared Allen etc. Sure KC never could get that Super Bowl but under Peterson's eye for talent (he'd roll the dice on some players like Priest Holmes and others in free agency and they do well)...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

The 30 seconds the Cal McNair dropped on Friday during the press conference to introduce David Culley as YOUR NEW HC was pretty much hostage video 101 level ****. Then too, these guys, these insulated people who come from wealth can be persuaded. I've seen it happen with Irsay who ranted and raved about Grigson and being the son he never had and the dude had no background whatsoever and failed spectacularly. I feel Roseman has a similar situation over Jeffrie Laurie. THAT dude has survived Chip Kelly and got Pederson the fk out of their, meanwhile the drafting has been a struggle for some time in Philly. They've been dependent on these brokedown vets since, well, a Superbowl is the best deodorant there is
    With Roseman, I've been of the opinion Lurie keeps him around out of guilt for having banished Howie to the broom closet after he brought in Chip Kelly. Clearly Lurie has a big time blind spot when it comes to Roseman and is willing to excuse every bad mistake, including bloated contracts (see: Wentz, Carson) and signing aging veterans with bald tires. I'm also of the belief that Roseman is GM for life and will only leave when HE wants to leave.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

aging veterans with bald tires.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm also of the belief that Roseman is GM for life and will only leave when HE wants to leave.
    Tuh, wtf does that even mean. Hey, I'm only 1/5th Eagle fan, that **** is scary. Meanwhile Siriani has NO brothas on his coordinator staff, only reason I bring it up is like Ray Nagin called New Orleans a chocolate city, parts of Philly are definitely of that same consideration.

Meanwhile, wonder whatever happened to that one coach of the Eagles, pretty successful if I remember, heavy set guy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

aging veterans with bald tires.

Tuh, wtf does that even mean. Hey, I'm only 1/5th Eagle fan, that **** is scary. Meanwhile Siriani has NO brothas on his coordinator staff, only reason I bring it up is like Ray Nagin called New Orleans a chocolate city, parts of Philly are definitely of that same consideration.

Meanwhile, wonder whatever happened to that one coach of the Eagles, pretty successful if I remember, heavy set guy.
    You mean Duce Staley, running backs coach? He left for Chicago after it became clear he wasn't going to get a legitimate shot at being head coach in Philly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!