Page 120 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Some owners form a close friendship with their GM's and team presidents as we know. Carl Peterson and Lamar Hunt became very close. A fact that Peterson had a 20 year run as GM. Of course what made Peterson work was he drafted a number of Hall of Fame caliber players in his time in KC.

- Derrick Thomas (1989) *
    - Will Shields (1993) *
    - Tony Gonzalez (1997)*

Plus other future potential Hall of Fame players in Tim Grunhard , Dave Szott , Jared Allen etc. Sure KC never could get that Super Bowl but under Peterson's eye for talent (he'd roll the dice on some players like Priest Holmes and others in free agency and they do well)...
    Makes me wonder how Christian Okoye might have fared had he stayed around instead of being allegedly bored and retiring. The guy's name comes up once in a while around the LA area, he has been involved in a few charity events.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Makes me wonder how Christian Okoye might have fared had he stayed around instead of being allegedly bored and retiring. The guy's name comes up once in a while around the LA area, he has been involved in a few charity events.
    Well by 1992 Okoye had several issues that hurt him beyond being bored.

- He was battling bad knee injuries. They pretty much ended his career as both knees needed surgery. He was released in 1993 after an injury settlement in KC.

- Had he not been injured...he likely would have been traded. KC was moving to a west coast system. They needed RB's who would catch the ball outta the backfield in Marcus Allen mold (who they signed) .Okoye was a big bruising RB who fit in a power running team. He would have ended up somewhere else had he continued.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

With the Super Bowl days away I have to wonder if Tampa Bay feels as over confident as the 49ers did. The team then decided to book a post Super Bowl party to celebrate with Lil Wayne before the game. So intent on believing they would win the game it appears. They then had to go to the party post game. I have to wonder if Tampa Bay is doing the same deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With the Super Bowl days away I have to wonder if Tampa Bay feels as over confident as the 49ers did. The team then decided to book a post Super Bowl party to celebrate with Lil Wayne before the game. So intent on believing they would win the game it appears. They then had to go to the party post game. I have to wonder if Tampa Bay is doing the same deal.
    The overwhelming media output is showing both teams are coming to the big game super hungry and focused.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If anything I would think Tampa Bay would be hungrier just because they didn't just win one last year and they have a definite underdog vibe. Plus because TB12 wants to prove he can make it without Darth Hoodie. If willpower alone could win, TB12 has more of it on the line here especially with all the chatter about him being just a system QB that has happened over the years.

But Mahomes still has a ton to prove. Of course, most of it is proving himself equal to the guy on the other sideline. So yah, hungry there as well.

Wonder if their is a Vegas line on AB doing something stupid and unorthodox before game day?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If anything I would think Tampa Bay would be hungrier just because they didn't just win one last year and they have a definite underdog vibe. Plus because TB12 wants to prove he can make it without Darth Hoodie. If willpower alone could win, TB12 has more of it on the line here especially with all the chatter about him being just a system QB that has happened over the years.

But Mahomes still has a ton to prove. Of course, most of it is proving himself equal to the guy on the other sideline. So yah, hungry there as well.

Wonder if their is a Vegas line on AB doing something stupid and unorthodox before game day?
    Tom Brady has nothing really left to prove. He's won 6 Super Bowls. The idea he's gotta prove something or an underdog is kinda silly in this. Oddsmakers have gave them 3.5 points to win this. KC has a questionable defense and the offense is missing the right and left tackles starting backups here.

Tom Brady has nothing really left to prove. He's won 6 Super Bowls. The idea he's gotta prove something or an underdog is kinda silly in this. Oddsmakers have gave them 3.5 points to win this. KC has a questionable defense and the offense is missing the right and left tackles starting backups here.
    *Tom Brady prints this random message and puts it in his locker*

Jokes aside, he wants to prove he can do it not in NE and not with Darth Hoodie.

And you got the whole age thing ...

Man is chasing ghosts.

He just wants to make it really hard for Mahomes to catch his records!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    *Tom Brady prints this random message and puts it in his locker*

Jokes aside, he wants to prove he can do it not in NE and not with Darth Hoodie.

And you got the whole age thing ...

Man is chasing ghosts.

He just wants to make it really hard for Mahomes to catch his records!
    Wow that look.

Yah, if nothing else he is just super-competitive. Brady seems like the guy who is never going to accept defeat or go off quietly under any circumstances. But he wants to prove he is the reason for New England's success. This ain't some normal HoF QB who's got his rings, its Tom 'freakin' "swallow some cement and get back out there" Brady.

Looks like the Chiefs are having some virus issues in the week leading up to the game as a handful of players (none starters but contributors) were exposed to someone who tested positive and will have to test negative before the game on Sunday to be able to participate.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like the Chiefs are having some virus issues in the week leading up to the game as a handful of players (none starters but contributors) were exposed to someone who tested positive and will have to test negative before the game on Sunday to be able to participate.

-M
    Kilgore (center) and Robinson have thus far tested negative. The Chiefs decided to test barbers for players who wanted to get hair cuts on Monday. Kilgore and Robinson both wore masks and were being safe but given this barber had it they are being safe. Given this and the tackle situation then yeah...KC is entering this as big underdogs.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Kilgore (center) and Robinson have thus far tested negative. The Chiefs decided to test barbers for players who wanted to get hair cuts on Monday. Kilgore and Robinson both wore masks and were being safe but given this barber had it they are being safe. Given this and the tackle situation then yeah...KC is entering this as big underdogs.
    I heard about this story yesterday. To be honest, I'm surprised Andy Reid allowed this to happen. With the Super Bowl less than a week away at the time, you mean to tell me players couldn't wait until AFTER the game to get haircuts? Are you kidding me?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard about this story yesterday. To be honest, I'm surprised Andy Reid allowed this to happen. With the Super Bowl less than a week away at the time, you mean to tell me players couldn't wait until AFTER the game to get haircuts? Are you kidding me?
    Yeah, seems pretty freaking stupid to do something that could put the whole team at risk.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yeah, seems pretty freaking stupid to do something that could put the whole team at risk.
    Likely wanted haircuts for the media more or less. Robinson had actually gotten his hair cut the day before and Kilgore was getting his cut when it happened.

TV ratings

It was a well-worn story: TV ratings last summer and fall were down across the board for live pro sports, especially NBA, MLB, NHL, and golf.

The NFL was no exception: its regular season viewership fell 8% on average.

Was it the mental toll of the pandemic? The distraction of the presidential election? (That was the NFL’s chosen explanation.) More important social concerns, like the Black Lives Matter movement? The weirdness of not seeing live crowds at most games? Was it an indicator of a more troubling, long-term macro viewership shift for the leagues?

Whatever the reason, viewership turned around for the conference championship games on Jan. 24. The NFC Championship between the Buccaneers and the Packers (and between veterans Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers) averaged 45 million viewers and had a peak audience of 53 million, making it the most watched NFC Championship since 2017, four seasons ago. The AFC Championship drew around 42 million viewers, up a decent 2% from last year's same game.

Those numbers bode well for Super Bowl ratings—if the game stays close. And with many Americans staying home amid the pandemic as opposed to going to parties or bars, it should mean more household televisions tuned to CBS. 72% of Americans say they don’t plan to attend a Super Bowl party this year, according to WalletHub.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Neither team had positive tests for weeks and now some are showing up. But wow, all the players are getting tested twice daily during the week. Thats pretty intense. But a good thing ultimately to do in case there are false positives, at least thats one way to look at it.