Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Kansas City Chiefs v. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Superbowl LV
    CBS

Who you got and what's the score? Closest to it wins a box of cookies.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Superbowl LV
    CBS

28-24 Bucs over KC.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Buccaneers 52 Chiefs 51

Remember that Chiefs-Rams game way back in 2018? This should be like that.

Of course, all of that said, with my luck at predicting this year that means the score will be Chiefs 10, Bucs 7
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Superbowl LV
    CBS

Chiefs 38, Pats 34. Andy Reid strengthens his resume for Canton by being a repeat winner in the Supe.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Chiefs 34-31

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chiefs 38, Pats 34. Andy Reid strengthens his resume for Canton by being a repeat winner in the Supe.
    Freudian slip, WPP!?

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I am part of this hype. I made my first ever sports bet just 20 bucks that will win me a whopping 39. But it is kind of cool.

I hate Brady but I see him winning this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Freudian slip, WPP!?

Whoops! I just noticed that! D-OH!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A big question mark is the wild $500+ million dollars Pat Mahomes signed contract wise for the next decade. But as this article breaks down GM Brett Veach had a long range plan in mind.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...=pocket-newtab

Veach used the structure of Mahomes’s record-setting deal as a pathway to make other deals possible. He said he felt good that the Chiefs could keep their core together because of how the deal was structured—Mahomes’s cap hit next season is the 16th highest, behind Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, and DeMarcus Lawrence. In 2022, his $31 million cap number is just seventh, roughly the same as Carson Wentz and $14 million less than Kirk Cousins. Two years ago, I visited Chiefs training camp and Veach told me that when it comes to the cap, nothing was ever what it seems. He appears to live by that and he’s right to do so.
    So Pat Mahomes in a season will be making less than Kirk Cousins. That is wild...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Andy Reid strengthens his resume for Canton by being a repeat winner in the Supe.
    Where is Reid right now on the next best/most accomplished HC under Hoddie at this point?

Belichick
    Lombardi
    I feel Walsh is holding it down at the top.
    Levy
    Reid?
    Jimmie Johnson

Conference Champion appearances is still hell of flex and count heavy to me.
    You bet yer ass.

Where is Reid right now on the next best/most accomplished HC under Hoddie at this point?

Belichick
    Lombardi
    I feel Walsh is holding it down at the top.
    Levy
    Reid?
    Jimmie Johnson

Conference Champion appearances is still hell of flex and count heavy to me.
    Here's my ranking:

1) Lombardi (the championship trophy is named after him)
    2) Belichick
    3) Walsh
    4) Chuck Noll
    5) Johnson
    6) Levy

If Andy wins on Sunday, I'd put him ahead of Levy

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here's my ranking:

1) Lombardi (the championship trophy is named after him)
    2) Belichick
    3) Walsh
    4) Chuck Noll
    5) Johnson
    6) Levy

I'd actually put him above Levy. This is Reid's 3rd Super Bowl and has won 1. Levy went to 4 and lost all 4. In fact Reid's career next to Levy's blows him away career wise as this bring up.

Marv Levy :

Kansas City Chiefs : 1978-1982 - No playoff appearances. Only 2 seasons above .500 and never finished above 3rd in division.
    Buffalo Bills : 1986-1997 - Won AFC East 6 times in that span. Made playoffs 8 times in that 11 seasons.

Andy Reid :

Philadelphia Eagles : 1999-2012 - Won NFC East 6 times in that span. Made playoffs 9 times in 13 seasons.
    Kansas City Chiefs : 2013 - - Won AFC West 5 times (in a row !) . Made playoffs 7 times in 8 seasons thus far.

Reid is just a better coach when you crunch it right now. He's coached his time to more division titles and more playoff appearances than Levy. He's won 1 Super Bowl in 3 appearances.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

How about Joe Gibbs?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd actually put him above Levy. This is Reid's 3rd Super Bowl and has won 1. Levy went to 4 and lost all 4. In fact Reid's career next to Levy's blows him away career wise as this bring up.

Marv Levy :

Buffalo Bills : 1986-1997 - Won AFC East 6 times in that span. Made playoffs 8 times in that 11 seasons.

Andy Reid :

Philadelphia Eagles : 1999-2012 - Won NFC East 6 times in that span. Made playoffs 9 times in 13 seasons.
    Kansas City Chiefs : 2013 - - Won AFC West 5 times (in a row !) . Made playoffs 7 times in 8 seasons thus far.
    I don't know about blowing anybody away, Levy wasn't no slouch, more teams in the divisions back then a different game was played and Marino was in the old East but those 4 were consecutive and not too many guys have been to that may appearances period but same time I can't fault with Reid above Levy.

4) Chuck Noll

Mmmm, left Noll out and I shouldn't have. I do think he's top 5 even still.
    You bet yer ass.

Since a Super Bowl victory is the goal for every coach, every season - in terms of Super Bowl victories, its:

1) Bill Belichick, 6. Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII
    2) Chuck Noll, 4. Super Bowls IX, X, XIII, XIV
    3) Bill Walsh, 3. Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII
    4) Joe Gibbs, 3. Super Bowls XVII, XX, XXVI

I really don't have a problem with those four being in the discussion, top ten and probably top five. Then there's a whole bunch of guys with 2 Super Bowls (including Lombardi, Landry, Shula, etc.) and a bunch more with only 1 Super Bowl victory.

But in terms of post-season wins, it gets more complicated. Landry rises up quite far, while Shula drops.

But in terms of overall wins, its Noll, Lambeau, Reid, Landry, Belichick, Halas and Shula.

I'd be tempted to go through and separate out cap versus non-cap wins and see how it looks then.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-05-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.