Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Since a Super Bowl victory is the goal for every coach, every season - in terms of Super Bowl victories, its:

1) Bill Belichick, 6. Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII
    2) Chuck Noll, 4. Super Bowls IX, X, XIII, XIV
    3) Bill Walsh, 3. Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII
    4) Joe Gibbs, 3. Super Bowls XVII, XX, XXVI

I really don't have a problem with those four being in the discussion, top ten and probably top five. Then there's a whole bunch of guys with 2 Super Bowls (including Lombardi, Landry, Shula, etc.) and a bunch more with only 1 Super Bowl victory.

But in terms of post-season wins, it gets more complicated. Landry rises up quite far, while Shula drops.

But in terms of overall wins, its Noll, Lambeau, Reid, Landry, Belichick, Halas and Shula.

I'd be tempted to go through and separate out cap versus non-cap wins and see how it looks then.
    I like this list but were missing 2 Hall of Fame coaches who were all forgetting. Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown. Both were damn good coaches.

Lombardi won a championship or 2 before Super Bowl. Brown won so many as well before that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I like this list but were missing 2 Hall of Fame coaches who were all forgetting. Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown. Both were damn good coaches.

Lombardi won a championship or 2 before Super Bowl. Brown won so many as well before that.
    Yah, great points. We'd definitely need to include them. Can't believe I forgot Paul Brown.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

For the exception of Lombardi, I think you almost need a pre and post SB list for coaches.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Chiefs OLB coach (and son of head coach) Britt Reid was involved in a 3 car accident where two children received life-threatening injuries. Reid acknowledged he was the driver of the vehicle and that he had had 2-3 alcoholic drinks and a prescription Adderall before getting behind the wheel. He is still hospitalized and will not be traveling with the team for the Super Bowl. The other passengers in the two cars he struck (a disabled vehicle and another vehicle that had come to aid the first car) were not injured, but the two kids (both under age 6) that were in the back seat of one of the vehicles received injuries that the police report has described as "life-threatening." There is an ongoing investigation into the crash and will not be completed until next week, so no charges will be filled prior to the game. The Chiefs' statement simply said they have been made aware of the accident but have no comment at this time but are keeping the injured in their thoughts and prayers.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Between injuries to both starting tackles, a potential Covid-19 outbreak started by the team barber, and now an assistant coach and son of the head coach in a car accident 2 days before the game...

If the Chiefs win this, it might be the most off-field incidents a team has ever had the week of the game and still won. I cannot for the life of me remember anything like this. I remember the Raiders having the center go AWOL on Super Bowl Eve, but they lost. Like, maybe some players in fisticuffs through the years before social media came to the fore and everyone stopped f***ing around so much the week of the game. But... this is a hell of a deck the Chiefs have stacked against them now in terms of distractions.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Between injuries to both starting tackles, a potential Covid-19 outbreak started by the team barber, and now an assistant coach and son of the head coach in a car accident 2 days before the game...

If the Chiefs win this, it might be the most off-field incidents a team has ever had the week of the game and still won. I cannot for the life of me remember anything like this. I remember the Raiders having the center go AWOL on Super Bowl Eve, but they lost. Like, maybe some players in fisticuffs through the years before social media came to the fore and everyone stopped f***ing around so much the week of the game. But... this is a hell of a deck the Chiefs have stacked against them now in terms of distractions.
    I've never heard of anything like this either. While injuries can't be prevented, Reid could've nipped the barber incident in the bud but not allowing haircuts until AFTER the game, so that's on him. As for his son....wow! Can you imagine Reid's mindset, trying to concentrate on the game while his son is cooling his heels in jail?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've never heard of anything like this either. While injuries can't be prevented, Reid could've nipped the barber incident in the bud but not allowing haircuts until AFTER the game, so that's on him. As for his son....wow! Can you imagine Reid's mindset, trying to concentrate on the game while his son is cooling his heels in jail?
    His son is currently in the hospital according to the story I rea, with non-life-threatening injuries, but will not be released until next week. He may face charges, but not until the investigation is completed, which won't be until next week some time. Details are different, but your point stands, Andy Reid will have to try to tune all that out to focus on the game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I almost get how the haircut f***up could happen... a bunch of guys who are doing media week on Zoom calls wanting to look sharp when it goes down, and they all head in to the barber at the worst time, given the barber's status.

But Reid & his son... yeah, man. Gonna be harder to focus, for sure. They're gonna be thinking about the kid he crashed into.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I almost get how the haircut f***up could happen... a bunch of guys who are doing media week on Zoom calls wanting to look sharp when it goes down, and they all head in to the barber at the worst time, given the barber's status.

But Reid & his son... yeah, man. Gonna be harder to focus, for sure. They're gonna be thinking about the kid he crashed into.

This was a barber who had cut hair for players before. Both players were wearing masks and the team decided to test barbers who were gonna come visit the team. It was 2 players ...not the entire team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Tampa was already 3.5 favorites to win this game. KC will be walking into this one big underdogs with everything that has happened. The off field wreck with Reid's son is the biggest issue right now. The 2 players getting tested is minor.

This was a barber who had cut hair for players before. Both players were wearing masks and the team decided to test barbers who were gonna come visit the team. It was 2 players ...not the entire team.
    Doesn't matter. In the greater scheme of things, namely keeping the team healthy and intact to ready to play in the goddamn Super Bowl, haircuts were NEEDLESS, UNNECESSARY and, to put it succinctly, FREAKING STUPID. The Chiefs were lucky only two players popped positive, it could've been a whole lot worse, and again, I blame Reid for not putting his foot down from jump and allowing that mess to happen.

Doesn't matter. In the greater scheme of things, namely keeping the team healthy and intact to ready to play in the goddamn Super Bowl, haircuts were NEEDLESS, UNNECESSARY and, to put it succinctly, FREAKING STUPID. The Chiefs were lucky only two players popped positive, it could've been a whole lot worse, and again, I blame Reid for not putting his foot down from jump and allowing that mess to happen.
    Except THEY HAVEN'T TESTED POSITIVE. Both were cleared to play tomorrow. For fucks sake does anyone not even follow whats going on ? KC was testing them through week for safety reasons due to barber. Not because they were positive. Both will play tomorrow.

Except THEY HAVEN'T TESTED POSITIVE. Both were cleared to play tomorrow. For fucks sake does anyone not even follow whats going on ? KC was testing them through week for safety reasons due to barber. Not because they were positive. Both will play tomorrow.
    I've followed the story, and it was STILL senseless and stupid. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Wouldn't quite be a Superbowl witbout shenanigans on behalf of the participants to preceed it. Never got as bad as critically injuring a child in an auto crash before though. Terrible.

I've rooted against Tom Brady for so long I don't know any different. At this point it's gotten so bad I'm nearly sypathetic twords the man. He throws 2 picks let alone the three from the NFCCG they dont come back from that today. Keeping it a buck, if not for Brady I'd totally be rooting for the Bruce Bruce and the Bucs tough and I'm an AFC guy.

This is also the first Superbowl with two Black Offensive coordinators. 14 years after the Dungy / Smith coached SB.

Gimmie Tompa Bay and that defense for the win.
    KC 26 TB 29
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

With everything going against KC and the fact they just announced that a Tampa Bay player is going into Hall of Fame , the football gods are all aligning for Brady it appears.