Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also I am glad Arians won a ring finally. He deserved it after coming back after health issues. He chased a ring for so long ala Reid.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I still hate Brady, but watching KC lose is always a treat.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Refs huh, they were no more a pain in the ass than usual. I'm sure Mahomes statline of no TDs was all refs. He just threw a pick.. Yea, refs though.
    My dad said something similar. How the refs had a light touch on KC during the playoffs, and things they got away with then they were dinged for here.

I had a problem with the tripping call in the second quarter. All I could see in the replay was MAYBE the defense tapped the Buck on the heel as the defender went down. To me, that isn't tripping. That's a shitty runner.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Told a Tom Brady fan I was more happy for Arians getting a ring finally than Brady (he again came back after some health issues) to do it as coach. Somehow he took a dig at me for that saying not everyone deserves a ring. So in a world Tom Brady deserves 7 rings , Bruce Arians none I suppose.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The questionable calls on defense. Everyone is making jokes about it. Even the Daily Show are doing that. Its a game that will have people mention the calls like the Steelers one is.
    The thing is the Steelers game was actually a game where the Seahawks would have had a shot if not for the refs. These were not nearly as freaky or controversial and the Chiefs got stomped. Tbh there were some 50/50 calls, but KC looked like they just imploded and got baited by the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    My dad said something similar. How the refs had a light touch on KC during the playoffs, and things they got away with then they were dinged for here.

I had a problem with the tripping call in the second quarter. All I could see in the replay was MAYBE the defense tapped the Buck on the heel as the defender went down. To me, that isn't tripping. That's a shitty runner.
    None of the calls against KC cost a score.

So I have a hard time blaming the refs.

Even then, the calls on KC were largely bonehead, easy calls.

I also have seen the most outspoken "it was the zebras" folks have largely been bashing the crew for having a female ref, so of course it was bad.

That made me sad.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Also I am glad Arians won a ring finally. He deserved it after coming back after health issues. He chased a ring for so long ala Reid.
    Most folks I know in AZ were rooting for TB because of the whole coaching staff having been here during the Cardinals' best recent years. A lot of them were, "Man, I hate Tom Brady, but I hope B.A. gets a ring."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Told a Tom Brady fan I was more happy for Arians getting a ring finally than Brady (he again came back after some health issues) to do it as coach. Somehow he took a dig at me for that saying not everyone deserves a ring. So in a world Tom Brady deserves 7 rings , Bruce Arians none I suppose.
    I wouldn't see it that way. But the word "deserves" gets overused a lot in the context of winning a ring.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I did shake my head at that one. In the moment it seemed like he tripped him, but on replay he clearly stumbled on his own. There was another phantom holding call later on. Though I'd say Fournette got the ball to the line on that 4th and goal and they called him short, which was a scoring play, so kind of evens out. Will say I bet we find out (like Brees) that Mahomes was more injured than we thought. He said he was having surgery after the game anyway, and some of those hits couldn't have helped.

Congrats to the GOAT though, sad to see it in a Buccs jersey but understand. Mayhap he can get an 8th.

Gimmie Tompa Bay and that defense for the win.
    KC 26 TB 29
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am part of this hype. I made my first ever sports bet just 20 bucks that will win me a whopping 39. But it is kind of cool.

I hate Brady but I see him winning this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Chiefs 34-31
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chiefs 38, Pats 34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Buccaneers 52 Chiefs 51
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    28-24 Bucs over KC.
    Superbowl LV's margin of victory for the Buccaneers was a whopping 22 points and the closest was BeastieRunner with his 4 point Tampa Bay victory. Best the rest of us sukas figured was only 3.

I know I said a box but the good stuff only comes in bags so for transparencey sake, you win 2 of them. Congrats.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I still hate Brady, but watching KC lose is always a treat.
    2nd'd

10 cha
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I did shake my head at that one. In the moment it seemed like he tripped him, but on replay he clearly stumbled on his own. There was another phantom holding call later on. Though I'd say Fournette got the ball to the line on that 4th and goal and they called him short, which was a scoring play, so kind of evens out. Will say I bet we find out (like Brees) that Mahomes was more injured than we thought. He said he was having surgery after the game anyway, and some of those hits couldn't have helped.

Congrats to the GOAT though, sad to see it in a Buccs jersey but understand. Mayhap he can get an 8th.
    Missing 3 starters on his offensive line wasn't helping matters. I read elsewhere that in this game Mahomes was the single most pressured QB in Super Bowl history - with him running over 400 yards attempting to avoid pressure before the third quarter was over.

Meanwhile, Tom Brady faced the least amount of pressure of ANY of his 10 appearances in the big game. That's a massive disparity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Superbowl LV's margin of victory for the Buccaneers was a whopping 22 points and the closest was BeastieRunner with his 4 point Tampa Bay victory. Best the rest of us sukas figured was only 3.

I know I said a box but the good stuff only comes in bags so for transparencey sake, you win 2 of them. Congrats.

Woot woot! Thanks.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Missing 3 starters on his offensive line wasn't helping matters. I read elsewhere that in this game Mahomes was the single most pressured QB in Super Bowl history - with him running over 400 yards attempting to avoid pressure before the third quarter was over.

Meanwhile, Tom Brady faced the least amount of pressure of ANY of his 10 appearances in the big game. That's a massive disparity.
    I saw an article saying Mahomes was pressured on 29 snaps, a Super Bowl record. The telling factor through was that of those 29 pressures, only 2 involved extra rushers. The other 27 pressures came form the normal D front of TB. So TB did not have to sacrifice coverage to achieve pressure on Mahomes, so there were fewer open outlets when he was under pressure. And that was pretty much the deciding factor in this game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

KC's O-line has got to be traumatized today. That was a sieve of ugliness on an almost hitherto undreamt of level. Gotta hand it to Mahomes, though, for a lot of those scrambles and attempts to pass with guys in his face, grabbing his ankles, holding his jersey. This is one of those near hall of fame performances by a QB that will never be recognized because of his lack of success on the other end - due to just an amazing defense mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    None of the calls against KC cost a score.

So I have a hard time blaming the refs.

Even then, the calls on KC were largely bonehead, easy calls.

I also have seen the most outspoken "it was the zebras" folks have largely been bashing the crew for having a female ref, so of course it was bad.

That made me sad.
    Sarah Thomas was excellent! It was great to see her out there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.