Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Overall I thought it was a well played game. Not too many yellow flags. Good crowd noise from 15,000 fans.
    Chiefs won easily, 34-20.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Overall I thought it was a well played game. Not too many yellow flags. Good crowd noise from 15,000 fans.
    Chiefs won easily, 34-20.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the overall level of play last night. I thought it would be a sloppy, low scoring affair, what with no preseason games under their belts, but both teams looked to have picked up where they left off from last season. Not bad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That new RB for KC made quite a debut. Mahomes is still The Man.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Al Michaels boi, still on that ****. He made sure to note out how 'rich' either Mahomes, Watson and Chris Jones were several times during the broadcast. Also pointed out by name who knelt. I've noticed the past 4-ish years, a couple of the sports guys who I kind of had a lean too have came down on the MAGA side of things. Kind of surprising in a couple of them.

As soon as the shot came of Al and Chris came on I was like damn, can we get rid of these fossils anytime soon. I'm not an ageist, there are definitely exceptions with less tangible baggage. Vern Lundquist is my favorite announcer ever. I'm not bigoted against older white men doing commentary either, hell I better not be or I wouldn't be able to listen to much sports broadcasting in general. RIP Steve Snapper Jones. I do feel the age gap between lead commentators and the players should be oh, I don't know, a little less than 50 years apart.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Was Al trying to say that because they make big bucks they don't understand the fight for Social Justice. Because that is just BS. Wealthy black people are stopped by police all the time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Was Al trying to say that because they make big bucks they don't understand the fight for Social Justice. Because that is just BS. Wealthy black people are stopped by police all the time.
    It's a little more low down and less thoughtful on his part imo. That can often speak to an innate lack of gratitude on Mahomes and Watson's behalf by specifically pointing out- '2 of the richest guys in the league' as I'm paraphrasing. I doubt he cares for their specific understanding, that is jab at their actions in regards to said fight.
    You bet yer ass.

I think we're all in agreement that Skip Bayless is a colossal douchebag. Well, he may have sunk to an all time low here:

Skip Bayless has 'no sympathy' for Dak Prescott after Dallas quarterback opens up about depression

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think we're all in agreement that Skip Bayless is a colossal douchebag. Well, he may have sunk to an all time low here:

Skip Bayless has 'no sympathy' for Dak Prescott after Dallas quarterback opens up about depression

The Skip persona for television I find kind of funny, he and Shay. To me he's an embodiment of many a sports fan delusion, he entertains me. It's a crowded field and there are many a talkin' heads I rock with less than him.

That said that was, very low and seemingly out of character. All these TV guys are still people and maybe dude has some issue that he is still reconciling with? On top of that, that's his guy so that was fuckin' harsh and not football related. I ain't no fan of Dak for several reasons whatsoever but I 1000% sympathize with him on what he had to say about his brother. How much **** we all been through past few years alone, on top of 2020. There's gotta be something else there, Bayless is a clown on tv but this was wild unnecessary.... If for no other reason than the Cowboys ultimately only have 1 leader.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

I have spoken of my mental health disorder on here before. it is hard to talk about at times and I am just a nobody. For someone with Dak's position to come forward and talk about this shows that even people we think have it all can be affected by real problems. he should be praised for coming foraward and speaking publicly about this. Not giving the back of the that the assclown Skip gave. I never liked him and this just confirms that he is a POS.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As an Eagles fan, I have no love for Dak Prescott the Dallas Cowboy since he's a division rival. However, I have MUCH respect for Dak Prescott the human being for coming out and publicly admitting he had a problem and needed help, a rarity in a machismo laden sport like professional football. The fact Prescott knew he'd be dumped on by shitstains like Bayless and still went ahead with his admission took major league stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Al Michaels boi, still on that ****. He made sure to note out how 'rich' either Mahomes, Watson and Chris Jones were several times during the broadcast. Also pointed out by name who knelt. I've noticed the past 4-ish years, a couple of the sports guys who I kind of had a lean too have came down on the MAGA side of things. Kind of surprising in a couple of them.

As soon as the shot came of Al and Chris came on I was like damn, can we get rid of these fossils anytime soon. I'm not an ageist, there are definitely exceptions with less tangible baggage. Vern Lundquist is my favorite announcer ever. I'm not bigoted against older white men doing commentary either, hell I better not be or I wouldn't be able to listen to much sports broadcasting in general. RIP Steve Snapper Jones. I do feel the age gap between lead commentators and the players should be oh, I don't know, a little less than 50 years apart.
    I keep crossing my fingers and hoping Kevin Harlan gets promoted to a primetime TV broadcast. Him or Dave Pasch are due.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

man it is here at last. Week 1. And a great slate of games. packers Vs Vikings, Saints Vs Bucs, And Joe making his first start in Cincy.

Here is the big question. Who has more pressure on them to win this season? Belichick with out Brady? or Brady with out Belichick?

I guess the real question is how far will the officials bend over backward to make favorable calls to Brady to protect him and prove that he is the greatest of all time?
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-13-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

A strong opening 6 play, 62 yard drive by my Eagles ending in a TD pass to TE Zach Ertz for a 7-0 lead against Washington FC.

Josh Jacobs with the Hat Trick
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Sorry WPP, losing to the WFC is embarrassing. My Phins got Cammed by the Pat's, but that is largely because Fitz is a back up QB who occasional plays above his pay grade. We are really just waiting for Tua.