Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Really looking at the top of the draft right now if they did it after 4 weeks ...teams wanting Lawrence isn't that big .

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

If we went right now the top teams seem to have QB's or QB's of the future. Atlanta could possibly be a spot if they continue to tank. Ryan turns 36 next year and the Falcons could decide to have his heir apparent ready by 2022.

NY Jets : The Jets themselves have TOO MANY holes to get a QB. If they go in for the tank a QB needy team below could seriously trade up for him and give the Jets draft ammo they need. The Jets need offensive line , TE , WR , and defense. So the QB situation with Darnold needs a better coach plus its too soon to call him a bust since the team just needs to get him a better supporting cast asap and coach.

Dallas : Unless the Cowboys ink Prescott to a long term deal , then the Cowboys could be in a spot they need a young franchise QB. I do expect them to sign Prescott to a huge inflated deal though.

Washington : The Redskins themselves are in a spot as we see with Haskins. They clearly don't seem like a team that can develop a QB. Lawrence would be rushed out , benched and destroyed within a season in this team right now.

Detroit : The Lions have made rumblings about replacing Matthew Stafford before. In fact it has to irk the Lions that they had their chance at either trading up for Watson or Mahomes and seeing both achieve huge success. More success in a smaller window of time than Stafford who while throwing for huge amounts of yards has a sub .500 record against winning teams. Plus Stafford turns 33 next season.

Minnesota : The Vikings are really in a weird position. Kirk Cousins is being paid a HUGE amount of money and has earned insane amounts the last 4-5 seasons (over $100+ million I believe from 2 teams in that span) for really the same near type work Stafford has done. Cousins was given a big money extension and through 4 games thus far has struggled. He too turns 33 this season coming up.

Carolina : Has Teddy Bridgewater but he's only there on a 3 year deal. If the team wants an heir to Cam Newton it likely could be...Lawrence.

Indianapolis : The Colts will likely have to decide on what to do with Phillip Rivers. No way long term can he be the guy. But he can bridge to Lawrence.

New England : Patriots need an heir to Tom Brady. As we have seen thus far none of the guys really have that long term part there.

New Orleans : Brees signed a 2 year deal. Lawrence studying under him a season seems ideal.

Tampa Bay : Same with the Bucs who have Brady 1 more season. Having Lawrence learn under Brady a season is ideal as well.

Chicago : The Bears basically have said Trubisky is not the answer when benching him finally. Nagy needs a QB who can run his system. But will the Bears take another shot at it 4 seasons after blowing it with Trubisky ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Jets need help all over the map. Lawrence would be hurt as bad as Darnold given this coaching.
    Edit: I made a comment about Lawerence needing to never play for the Jets, then I realized I already made that statement here some pages back, lol. But its true!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Really looking at the top of the draft right now if they did it after 4 weeks ...teams wanting Lawrence isn't that big .

If we went right now the top teams seem to have QB's or QB's of the future. Atlanta could possibly be a spot if they continue to tank. Ryan turns 36 next year and the Falcons could decide to have his heir apparent ready by 2022.

NY Jets : The Jets themselves have TOO MANY holes to get a QB. If they go in for the tank a QB needy team below could seriously trade up for him and give the Jets draft ammo they need. The Jets need offensive line , TE , WR , and defense. So the QB situation with Darnold needs a better coach plus its too soon to call him a bust since the team just needs to get him a better supporting cast asap and coach.

Dallas : Unless the Cowboys ink Prescott to a long term deal , then the Cowboys could be in a spot they need a young franchise QB. I do expect them to sign Prescott to a huge inflated deal though.

Washington : The Redskins themselves are in a spot as we see with Haskins. They clearly don't seem like a team that can develop a QB. Lawrence would be rushed out , benched and destroyed within a season in this team right now.

Detroit : The Lions have made rumblings about replacing Matthew Stafford before. In fact it has to irk the Lions that they had their chance at either trading up for Watson or Mahomes and seeing both achieve huge success. More success in a smaller window of time than Stafford who while throwing for huge amounts of yards has a sub .500 record against winning teams. Plus Stafford turns 33 next season.

Minnesota : The Vikings are really in a weird position. Kirk Cousins is being paid a HUGE amount of money and has earned insane amounts the last 4-5 seasons (over $100+ million I believe from 2 teams in that span) for really the same near type work Stafford has done. Cousins was given a big money extension and through 4 games thus far has struggled. He too turns 33 this season coming up.

Carolina : Has Teddy Bridgewater but he's only there on a 3 year deal. If the team wants an heir to Cam Newton it likely could be...Lawrence.

Indianapolis : The Colts will likely have to decide on what to do with Phillip Rivers. No way long term can he be the guy. But he can bridge to Lawrence.

New England : Patriots need an heir to Tom Brady. As we have seen thus far none of the guys really have that long term part there.

New Orleans : Brees signed a 2 year deal. Lawrence studying under him a season seems ideal.

Tampa Bay : Same with the Bucs who have Brady 1 more season. Having Lawrence learn under Brady a season is ideal as well.

Chicago : The Bears basically have said Trubisky is not the answer when benching him finally. Nagy needs a QB who can run his system. But will the Bears take another shot at it 4 seasons after blowing it with Trubisky ?
    Justin Fields is likely to be the #2 pick, too.

And... I could see the Jets trying to find a team on that list willing to package together three first round picks to move up so they can rebuild their whole roster.

Either that or they draft a QB, and then trade Darnold for a 2nd round pick, similar to what Arizona did when Kyler Murray was available.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-07-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

At this point, how long do you think it will be before the NFL slams a hammer down on Tennessee?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    At this point, how long do you think it will be before the NFL slams a hammer down on Tennessee?
    Days, I'm thinking.

ESPN and other sources are reporting that there was a verbal altercation between Bill O'Brien and JJ Watt at practice two weeks ago which a team exec said caused O'Brien "to lose the team" and was a major factor in the decision to fire him. Watt wouldn't comment on the altercation but simply said he was looking forward to a fresh start with O'Brien gone.

An 0-4 start is one thing, but once you lose a locker room as a coach, you are essentially dead man walking and that seems to be what happened to O'Brien.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Colts are 3-1. We got a great defense, and that's probably going to keep us from getting a decent draft pick. I suppose we could give Swag Kelly a chance to see if he was bust material and then be done with him once and for all, but noooooo... he has to be Schrödinger's quarterback, and the team decided to not play him last season after we got eliminated, but kept him on the team anyway, thus making him a source of temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN and other sources are reporting that there was a verbal altercation between Bill O'Brien and JJ Watt at practice two weeks ago which a team exec said caused O'Brien "to lose the team" and was a major factor in the decision to fire him. Watt wouldn't comment on the altercation but simply said he was looking forward to a fresh start with O'Brien gone.

An 0-4 start is one thing, but once you lose a locker room as a coach, you are essentially dead man walking and that seems to be what happened to O'Brien.

-M
    J.J. Watt. By far, the best defensive player in the history of the franchise. The guy that put his own money, and got players all over the league to follow his lead and put money up to rebuild Houston after a hurricane flooded the town. THAT is the guy Bill O'Brien wanted to f*** with in that locker room.

Yeah, I can see why that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sounds like Tennessee players broke protocols and screwed around, much like Miami Marlins players had done during the first week of the truncated 2020 baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    J.J. Watt. By far, the best defensive player in the history of the franchise. The guy that put his own money, and got players all over the league to follow his lead and put money up to rebuild Houston after a hurricane flooded the town. THAT is the guy Bill O'Brien wanted to f*** with in that locker room.

Watt is one of the genuinely good guys in the league. Getting in a scrap with him was pretty much a death knell for O'Brien.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Watt is one of the genuinely good guys in the league. Getting in a scrap with him was pretty much a death knell for O'Brien.
    I agree and had no clue this is what led likely to O'Brien's firing more or less. I agree no way should he have been GM. I'm thinking he had this argument with Watt and then likely wanted to trade the guy and the owner likely realized...WTF ? But that is my own personal theory. Before i learned of the Watt situation I was saying , ok keep him as coach. But after it , no way would the Texans be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Colts are 3-1. We got a great defense, and that's probably going to keep us from getting a decent draft pick. I suppose we could give Swag Kelly a chance to see if he was bust material and then be done with him once and for all, but noooooo... he has to be Schrödinger's quarterback, and the team decided to not play him last season after we got eliminated, but kept him on the team anyway, thus making him a source of temptation.

I'd say the only way the Colts will get that franchise QB to replace Rivers is by a huge trade up. Players or picks or both. To get that draft pick to get Lawrence if he's there and they can get him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Bears vs. Buccaneers tonight, meaning it’s also a Super Bowl 51 rematch between Nick Foles and Tom Brady. If things hadn’t changed for both teams, we’d be looking at Mitch Trubisky and Jameis Winston instead, not exactly a marquee sort of matchup.

Bears vs. Buccaneers tonight, meaning it’s also a Super Bowl 51 rematch between Nick Foles and Tom Brady. If things hadn’t changed for both teams, we’d be looking at Mitch Trubisky and Jameis Winston instead, not exactly a marquee sort of matchup.
    Trubisky vs Winston would have been ...just how many Ints and bad passes are thrown tonight ? lol

Try as I might, I haven't yet quite worked up much enthusiasm for any games this season. Even a game featuring Brady is only of minimal interest outside of my fantasy football teams. I figure by the time my "excitement" level ramps up, that's when they'll shut down the season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My uneducated guess: Rivera’s original plan was to stick with Haskins as he thought this was going to be a rebuilding year for WFC and they’d be bringing up the rear, far behind the Cowboys and Eagles. But, with NFC Least already a train wreck just four weeks in and everybody stinking like day old diapers, Rivera had a change of heart, thinking, “Hell, the division’s up for grabs! With some decent quarterback play, maybe we can win it!” And, voila, Haskins went to the bench, probably never to see the field again unless Allen gets hurt. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
    Looks like that uneducated guess I made yesterday was spot on:

Ron Rivera: ‘With the division where it is right now, I’d be stupid not to’ make QB switch

Scroll up...I posted you were right and that Rivera said what was posted. Its still moronic. The team could possibly win division but will be screwed in playoffs. All while developing their future franchise QB goes into the shitter.

EDIT ...even Haskins agent called this bullshit out a couple days before the benching.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...l_msn_33037841

Amazing this is the narrative coming out of DC. A young QB (10 starts total over 2 seasons) who is in a brand new system, with no off-season in said new system, a young OL, limited weapons on offense and only 3 games into the NFL season. Yet “he” is the one that must play well.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 10-08-2020 at 04:44 AM.