Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Reports are Quinn is going to be released.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A tale of some teams...

- New York Jets are a team that really is terrible. Dropped passes and no depth at WR doesn't help a young QB needing to make that next step at QB. Factor in a terrible offensive line and you see the effects here. Then you have a system that works for no one and its a clusterfuck of shit. The worst weeks was a coach who decided to sign a 37 year old RB and had no real young depth at RB behind his starter when he went down. Frank Gore is awesome , he's strong and is a work of wonder at his age to keep grinding yards. But come on for fucks sake...he's 37 and your not gonna have a young RB as depth here for weeks ?

Its no shock that Gase will be fired ...likely tomorrow. The team is that bad. I can't see the owner keeping this train rolling. Not when a team is 0-5.

- Atlanta Falcons : Lost in the Falcons fall into being a winless team this year , is the return of Todd Gurley. The once great RB has seemingly rebounded from his knee issues and is back to being the big time RB he once was in LA. Gurley is averaging nearly 5 yards a carry again (4.8) and seems destined for 1,000+ yards rushing again...on a bad team. The next coach if they get this Gurley will do better.

- Washington : Last week Ron Rivera blamed his QB Dwayne Haskins for the teams problems saying 1 player couldn't set the team back and they wanted to win this terrible division. Haskins agent came out HARD against that and then we saw typical classic Washington. A report last year claims whenever they were down on a player or coach "leaks" to bury them would somehow surface. Haskins its claimed was happy with his stats and didn't take losing as he should have being happy out there , which claims rubbed players wrong wrong.

Either way the team was terrible and the offensive line its said allowed 8 sacks on the day. Kyle Allen performed right where Haskins did and then we saw a beautiful thing but a worse deal in a way. In a beautiful moment Alex Smith made his return to NFL after 2+ years away. A return where no one ever believed he would have both legs let alone take snaps in a huddle. Alex Smith returning was a beautiful moment.

But it also was a terrible spot as Rivera already seeing how terrible his offensive line was , was today ...had Smith take a couple sacks. Which the man was hurt 2 years ago with a broken leg and just making his return and your throwing him out there with this line ?

Today's game illustrated that the team has issues on offensive line and should have stuck by their young QB. But are busy inside the organization ready to bury the fuck outta him within 10-11 games.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BIG FEAR in Dallas. Dak Prescott was just wheeled off in 3rd quarter with what could be a Sid Vicious type broken ankle. I'm sure Dallas fans are hoping its a Pat Mahomes deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Dallas hosts Arizona next Monday. With no Dak, seems like teams are about to stack the box to just stop Ezekiel Elliott the rest of the year.

With Dallas going to Andy Dalton... a 1-4 WFT, a 1-3-1 Philly squad, and the winless G-Men... the division is truly the NFC (L)East.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That injury to Prescott was hideous, even though he’s a division rival, that was a big blow. Now it’s up to Andy Dalton to save the Cowboys’ season, though I’m not sure he can, and yeah, teams will tee off on Elliott and dare Dalton to beat them. Suddenly, the over/under on how many wins it’ll take to win NFC Least is seven, and that’s a generous estimate as it’s been a long time since I’ve seen the division THIS pathetic top to bottom.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-11-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Atlanta fired Dan Quinn.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just can't belive O'Brien & Quinn are gone and Gase still has a job.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The GM Thomas Dimitrof too.
    You bet yer ass.

Russ Wilson is the MVP for me so far.
    You bet yer ass.

Also around the league...

-Baltimore destroyed the Bengals 27-3, and the Joe Burrow hype got some cold water thrown on it, at least for the moment.
    -The 49ers got absolutely wrecked on the east coast in Miami from a rapidly improving Dolphins team, so much so that they benched Jimmy G. They're now alone at the bottom of the NFC West at 2-3, and are still decimated by injuries.
    - The Texans got their first win today, beating the Jags in one of those games where OF COURSE the team that got rid of a toxic coach comes together for a big win once they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Russ Wilson is the MVP for me so far.
    Not in this game. No 3rd down conversions and a pick.

Monday morning:
    I really have to watch what I say.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-12-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Cowboys worse fears were confirmed, Dak has a compound fracture and dislocation of his ankle, one of the more grisly sports injuries, much like a dislocated knee it requires surgery just to reset it, which he'll undergo tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The GM Thomas Dimitrof too.
    This one is a big time head scratch move. Yes Quinn has been a disaster but the talent the GM put on the field is clearly there. This is a team with Calvin Ridley , Julio Jones , Matt Ryan and even have a solid Todd Gurley now. If anything Thomas Dimitroff should have been spared this ax and been told to look for a new head coach. Usually a GM gets way more room out there.

Plus the results of how he managed to rebuild that team with talent after the Mike Petrino era (1 season) is astounding. So yeah Quinn should be fired but the GM here ...no. This team has talented players so its not the GM's fault that they aren't playing well coaching wise.

The s***tiest thing about Dak's injury is... if he doesn't recover fully, it almost makes Jerry Jones' decision to not sign him to a long term deal seem prudent. They're not paying for Dak pre-injury, they'll be using his injury to justify why they want to pay him a lesser number because "he's not the same player now".

I feel for the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This one is a big time head scratch move. Yes Quinn has been a disaster but the talent the GM put on the field is clearly there. This is a team with Calvin Ridley , Julio Jones , Matt Ryan and even have a solid Todd Gurley now. If anything Thomas Dimitroff should have been spared this ax and been told to look for a new head coach. Usually a GM gets way more room out there.

Plus the results of how he managed to rebuild that team with talent after the Mike Petrino era (1 season) is astounding. So yeah Quinn should be fired but the GM here ...no. This team has talented players so its not the GM's fault that they aren't playing well coaching wise.
    I mostly agree on Dimitroff... but the Falcons have never fixed their defense. Safety has shown some talent come and go, but they've never really solidified their front 7 under his tenure. John Abraham may have been the last real consistent pass rusher they had, and that's like... a WAYS ago.