Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Dalton with the Cowboys is looking eerily like the Bungles. I'm sure its just a coincidence.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Arizona's first drive of the second half... they broke two runs of 20+ yards, and just ram the ball down the Cowboys' throat on a five minute drive to go up 28-3.

TV cameras cut to the crowd and a Dallas fan in "surrender cobra" pose.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Arizona's first drive of the second half... they broke two runs of 20+ yards, and just ram the ball down the Cowboys' throat on a five minute drive to go up 28-3.

TV cameras cut to the crowd and a Dallas fan in "surrender cobra" pose.
    Yeah, the Cowboys are being curbstomped. I’m somewhat surprised Dallas hasn’t done squat on offense, not to slight Arizona, but the Cards aren’t exactly the second coming of the Steel Curtain. I know fumbles by Ezekiel Elliott short circuited a couple of drives, but this mess was unexpected.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, the Cowboys are being curbstomped. I’m somewhat surprised Dallas hasn’t done squat on offense, not to slight Arizona, but the Cards aren’t exactly the second coming of the Steel Curtain. I know fumbles by Ezekiel Elliott short circuited a couple of drives, but this mess was unexpected.
    31-3 Arizona. Dallas has turned it over four times today.

This... has not gone as predicted in the "shootout" that was predicted. Dallas' offense doesn't look the same without that line in place. Zeke has two fumbles and it's hard to feed him the rock when you're trailing by this much. Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb can't get the ball because Dalton has no time. Gallup has dropped passes all game.

This isn't to say Arizona has looked amazing on offense. I know they're up 31-3, but Dallas has given them short fields. Kyler Murray is 9/24 passing. Sure, on those nine receptions, two alone are for like 140 yards receiving, and he hasn't thrown a pick... but he has hardly been lights out. With the lead, though, Arizona's been able to just run the ball in the second half and grind the clock.

The NFC West standings are:

Seattle 5-0
    Arizona 4-2
    LA Rams 4-2
    San Francisco 3-3.

Your division looks pretty good when your worst team is still playing .500 ball. Meanwhile, the NFC (L)East:

Dallas 2-4
    Philly 1-4-1
    NY Giants 1-5
    Washington 1-5

Dallas just allowed Kenyan Drake to go up the gut for a 69 yard TD before the two-minute warning. 38-10 Arizona looks to be the final.

The Cardinals shouldn't get too cocky, they have to host Seattle in 6 days.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is some things Murray has to work on. He has to get better in the pocket throwing the ball. The spots I saw once a team would pass rush and keep Murray inside he'd rabbit around. Rushing some throws and more. So he has to work on that. If Arizona wants this to be a Chiefs type offense , they have to look at how Mahomes works the pocket under pressure when he can't escape outside. If the Cardinals are smart they are taking game tape of Mahomes and making Murray watch how he works inside a pocket under pressure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is some things Murray has to work on. He has to get better in the pocket throwing the ball. The spots I saw once a team would pass rush and keep Murray inside he'd rabbit around. Rushing some throws and more. So he has to work on that. If Arizona wants this to be a Chiefs type offense , they have to look at how Mahomes works the pocket under pressure when he can't escape outside. If the Cardinals are smart they are taking game tape of Mahomes and making Murray watch how he works inside a pocket under pressure.
    Agreed.

Model Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson. That's the formula.

Murray's got better wheels than either, but that ain't gonna matter if you can't be a more effective passer. And the longer you're in the league, the more of a threat you need to be with your arm when you slow down with age.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not sure why anyone expected anything from the Cowboys tonight. It's Dalton in Prime Time and under the lights he wilts. He did it in just about every prime time game the Bengals played. He can look good on any given Sunday afternoon, but if he plays Sunday Night, Monday Night or Thursday Night, you know you will get a craptastic performance from him. Not a Bengals fan, but I live in their market so it was hard not to notice how bad he was every time the team played a prime time game. He also went into deer in headlight mode whenever his O-line in Cinci was banged up and banged up is an understatement when discussing the Dallas O-line currently (after Martin left, they were playing a rookie at center, two undrafted rookies at tackle, a guard who had 3 snaps of NFL experience coming into tonight, and a 3rd year guard who is still not 100% after missing most of last season with a knee injury that required surgery). Dalton had weapons at the skill positions in Cinci, and has better weapons at those positions in Dallas, but he's still Andy Dalton who shows up least when the the games mean the most of have the biggest spotlight on them and plays spooked when the O-line is less than 100%. Tonight is exactly what I expected from him and the Cowboys in a Monday night game. At least he didn't have a couple of good Sunday afternoon games first to raise Cowboys fans hopes up before revealing his true nature in a Monday night game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, the NFC (L)East:

Dallas 2-4
    Philly 1-4-1
    NY Giants 1-5
    Washington 1-5
    There are five teams, including da Bears that have as many wins as the whole damn NFC Least. This is historically bad for the division.

Dallas just allowed Kenyan Drake to go up the gut for a 69 yard TD before the two-minute warning. 38-10 Arizona looks to be the final.
    It looked to my untrained eyes like the Cards were simply trying to run out the clock and gashed Dallas on that long run. That might well have been THE most embarrassing moment of the night for the Cowboys.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Some ghastly stats of note in the Jets/Miami game one might have overlooked.

-3rd down conversion 2-17 for NY (0 for the first 11), but 1-9 for the Phins... TUA converted the ONLY 3rd down conversion... in the 4th quarter. Miami was terrible and we got a Fitztragic final form appearance and they still won.
    -17 total punts, Miami LOSES the turnover battle and the TOP and still won 24-0.
    -69 plays the Jets ran, this was one of the more improbable shutouts we've ever seen. Flacco got an intentional grounding call after a 3rd and 1, Ficken misses the FG after. JETS WON the damn turnover battle and still got rolled by a team not much better and at the same time miles ahead. Adam Gase is going to become a sympathetic figure if this keeps going on and it WILL lol.

I'm sorry, Trevor Lawrence is not the Messiah and speaking off, at this point that's the only person that can help the Jest at this point. I'm hooked.
    Last edited by Surf; 10-20-2020 at 05:55 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Not game-related but thought this was amusing, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck caught on hot mic talking about idiocy of flyovers of a stadium with few fans: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/troy-...b66ee9a5f3515d

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Not game-related but thought this was amusing, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck caught on hot mic talking about idiocy of flyovers of a stadium with few fans: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/troy-...b66ee9a5f3515d
    LOL. They're not wrong.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in NFL News...

- Miami has named Tua Tagovailoa the starting QB in 2 weeks. Which is very wild considering that Ryan Fitzpatrick has done very well as a starter and the team is currently behind Buffalo in the division with how well things have went. A source told NFL.Com that it was just time to make the switch. Tua will start in 2 weeks as Miami has a bye week.

- Former Bengals 2017 1st rd pick John Ross wants a trade from the team as he wants a fresh start. Ross battled injuries to start his career and showed flashes of his deep speed (4.2 in the 20) last year with over 500+ yards receiving. He now wants a trade elsewhere. There is 2 weeks before trade deadline so teams could be looking at something.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    LOL. They're not wrong.
    The hot mics this year have been great!

"I think I voted for Trump last year." "N***** WHAT!?" "Nobody ran for President last year." "SHhhhitt, good. Imma good then."
    "Can I borrow your wife for a three-way?"
    "How do you know you have the junky junk?"

That is up there with the butt fingering mic from last year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in NFL News...
    - Former Bengals 2017 1st rd pick John Ross wants a trade from the team as he wants a fresh start. Ross battled injuries to start his career and showed flashes of his deep speed (4.2 in the 20) last year with over 500+ yards receiving. He now wants a trade elsewhere. There is 2 weeks before trade deadline so teams could be looking at something.
    He is not the only one who wants out of Cincy. At least if the people in the local news can believe. Geno Akins and Carlos Dunlap have both taken The Cincinnati Bengals off their bio on their Instagram.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.