Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Looks like a underwhelming third 9-7 season in a row for the Birds.
    After what I saw today, the Birds will be lucky to win nine games.

Meanwhile, watching Cowboys - Rams. L.A.’s new uniforms are both plain AND ugly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After what I saw today, the Birds will be lucky to win nine games.

Meanwhile, watching Cowboys - Rams. L.A.’s new uniforms are both plain AND ugly.
    It was a rough game for the Eagles. i was really shocked. I thought with all the stuff with Washington in the off season that may not be up to the game today.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Just loved week one today. Joe had a solid game for a rookie with no preson games. And what can I say about The Saints game. Just Brady's facial expressions bouncing from childish anger to bitch baby cry face made this game worth it. He is probably calling Bill and Kraft like some crazy ex BF screaming into the phone.
    "Why Did I leave you. Im so Sorry!" Then Cam walks in and he is like "Who The Hell is that? Who do you have over!"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Baker even f***ed up unifying his team around the national anthem. That much Brownsing was done today.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume the Browns didn't convert that third down.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Over the course of the past two seasons, the Lions have blown 17 fourth quarter leads. Yesterday was the EIGHTEENTH in 33 games. Coach Matt Patricia insists it's not because of his coaching.

It probably is.

But the idea that over that span, you could blow a 4th quarter lead over half the time... when the law of averages should be that you're only even AHEAD just half the time (50% probability, all things equal)... that takes some doing. Especially when it's included games where they've been up by as much as 18.

Another side note to yesterday when the Bears came down by 18... it's not just sad because Chicago has Mitch Trubisky moving them down the field for 3 TDs in the 4th... it's that the Lions couldn't run out the clock when they just signed Adrian Peterson this week... who's like one of the all time best at grinding for yards late in games while the clock runs out on the opponent. Everything says Detroit should have pulled this win off. You almost have to try to choke with all the circumstances they failed in.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-14-2020 at 04:40 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Shoutout to Frank Reich. At the beginning of the protests over the murder of Floyd he wrote a really poignant piece on society and privilege. I had a pretty good idea of the kind of guy we were getting in his second go round with the Colts and still, very thoughtful and considerate.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Not that it would have changed the out come, 10 points down with 1:30 to go, but the last pick off of Fitzpatrick in the Phins/Pats game was obviously pass interference.
    But it should have been first and goal for the Dolphins.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

-One opening day thing I noticed is how much more gambling information I can get now. I can get CBS's sports stream on Pluto and the highlight packages are cool but there is a ton of line information at the bottom. Percentage of fans who beat one team or another and their pick for O/U. Even the major pre-games are displaying lines. Not to mention the companies running ads, James Harrison out here chasing and sacking a dude on his lawn. This effort is just going to get bigger.

-If Baker Mayfield gets benched, will they stop running these corny Progressive commercials?

-Tom Brady looked real Crableg Kid-ish out there, hate to see it.

-Just the word 'Oakland' in a football sports context has a ring to it that I am struggling with that no longer applies. It ain't gonna be like writing last year's date for 3 weeks in a new year. Just saying Las Vegas and meaining Oakland is a chore.

-Problem with Aaron Rogers who had an absolute monster day, did this last season and they were unceramoniusly whooped in the playoffs so I'm not sure that's not gonna be the case this season.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Arizona came from behind in the 4th quarter to beat the 49ers.

Kyler Murray rushed for just under 100 yards on the ground, threw for about 250.

DeAndre Hopkins, though... 14 catches, 152 yards in his Cardinals debut. Definitely worth trading away David Johnson, yessir.
    I started flirting with Arizona last quarter of the season last year and since getting Hop they are full on my Goomar as this point. Actually they will be sharing those extramaritial duties with whomever is playing against Matt Patricia's on Sunday's til he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don’t know what the hell happened.
    Yikes. Wentz I like but...

Snyder going full on, 'well maybe we just are/am route'.

“Sure, it’s possible!” Snyder wrote in an email. “If the Washington Football Team name catches on and our fans embrace it then we would be happy to have it as our permanent name. I think we have developed a very classy retro look and feel.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ermanent-name/
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Saquan Barkley may be a good RB. But he is not a generational talent, not even in the top 5 RBs in the league now and not worthy of being the overall #2 pick.
    6 yards on 15 Carrie's. 6 yards.
    Though NYG passing on Sam Darnold doesn't seem like a big deal.
    Probably should have taken Chubb in 2018.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not that it would have changed the out come, 10 points down with 1:30 to go, but the last pick off of Fitzpatrick in the Phins/Pats game was obviously pass interference.
    But it should have been first and goal for the Dolphins.
    There waa OPI on the TE and holding on the left side.

At best, it should have been offsetting penalties.

I think the refs did them a favor.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Didn't see the hold. But offsetting would have had replay the down. Still could have been 21 - 18. Not as bad a defeat.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Shame I missed week one posting for most part but yeah Kansas City having a running game and controlling clock more is needed. Mahomes is all world , but he can't logically expect 5,000+ yard seasons and 50 TD's a year each time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Baker even f***ed up unifying his team around the national anthem. That much Brownsing was done today.
    Baker is one of those guys that a lot of teams coming out didn't expect a 1st rd draft grade on. We have to remember he was rated as a 2nd rd prospect and many thought the Browns should draft Barkley or Chubb at that position. But Dorsey having came from KC and having seen one debated QB already at practices tearing it up (Mahomes) thought he could repeat things with Mayfield's rise.

Mayfield has to really rebound this season to prove he's a long term QB now. He has OBJ and Landry at WR and a solid TE in Hooper. He should not be struggling and having 3rd and 41 issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.