Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Murray threw the most Hail Maryest pass I hve ever seen. And I was wrong to doubt the Hopkins contract Arizon gve him.
    With Miami winning and that amazing loss to the Bills, they are just one game out of first in the East. Know I expect the Bills to take the division, but Miami is a surprise.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Very surprised to see the Ravens fall to the Pats tonight. Any other season and this is a crucial game for AFC seeding, but this year I thought the Pats had no chance, but they proved me wrong.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Saw Philly had 11 penalties and did not convert a third down.

That's definitely not a winning formula.
    You would be correct, sir. The Birds stumbled around yesterday like a drunk leaving a bar at 2 a.m. Damned annoying! Fans here are already calling for Wentz to be benched in favor if Jalen Hurts, even though he is in no way ready to play and has thrown the ball maybe three or four times all season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Very surprised to see the Ravens fall to the Pats tonight. Any other season and this is a crucial game for AFC seeding, but this year I thought the Pats had no chance, but they proved me wrong.

-M
    The torrential rain got the better of the Ravens in a close game. The bad hikes alone probably cost them 10 points.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, everybody make your TV schedule for Thursday... Cardinals/Seahawks both at 6-3 and going to battle for 1st place in the NFC West.

They only played a full 70 minute game a few weeks back in Glendale.

Seattle's at home, but won't have the 12's in the crowd. They're also beat up as hell and Russell Wilson has 10 turnovers in his past 3 games. Seahawks fans are calling for DC Ken Norton Jr.'s job right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, everybody make your TV schedule for Thursday... Cardinals/Seahawks both at 6-3 and going to battle for 1st place in the NFC West.

Seattle's at home, but won't have the 12's in the crowd. They're also beat up as hell and Russell Wilson has 10 turnovers in his past 3 games. Seahawks fans are calling for DC Ken Norton Jr.'s job right now.
    Finally a Thursday night game worth watching. You can bet the farm I’ll be tuned in.

Last year I would have never predicted ever getting excited about a Cardinals game - two weeks after seeing the best game of the year and it was a Cardinals game! Crazy year in more ways than one. Really happy for the kid, though.

Even with Wilson's woes lately, I think the Cards are the underdog still in this matchup.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quinn's available.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Last year I would have never predicted ever getting excited about a Cardinals game - two weeks after seeing the best game of the year and it was a Cardinals game! Crazy year in more ways than one. Really happy for the kid, though.

Even with Wilson's woes lately, I think the Cards are the underdog still in this matchup.
    Arizona's D-Line has been hit pretty hard with injuries. If they're lucky they'll have Jordan Phillips back, but Corey Peters got carted off yesterday and that left them with 3 healthy guys up front. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, unless they call someone up from the practice squad, anyone they sign won't be ready until probably their next game after Thursday.

On the other hand, that's the problem Seattle's facing with both their secondary AND their RB room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The torrential rain got the better of the Ravens in a close game. The bad hikes alone probably cost them 10 points.
    Several were on STs, though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So Drew Brees has fractured ribs on both sides and a collapsed lung, yeah thinking he's not playing this week

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So Drew Brees has fractured ribs on both sides and a collapsed lung, yeah thinking he's not playing this week
    Just heard about that. Looks like Jameis Winston will be at the controls for a week or two or perhaps longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That sounds like a rest of the season thing.

Brees is out three games at least. Falcons twice and Broncos in the next three weeks. Fortunately for them the Falcons couldn't stop a running attack of limping grandmas and the Broncos are one defensive injury away from being a complete dumpster fire.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Looking at the playoff standings, at 7-2, and with the upcoming 3 games Scott just mentioned, the Saints' playoff hopes are not in jeopardy, even with a loose cannon like Jaemis risking turnovers at QB. They might slip up enough to cede the division lead to the Bucs (who are somewhat inconsistent week to week). I think losing Brees for 3-4 games might, at worst, slip them down to a wild card.

At the moment, the 3 wild card slots look like they'll go to whomever is in 2nd or 3rd place in the NFC West, and either Tampa Bay or New Orleans from the South. No one from the NFC (L)East will even be close to smelling distance of a Wild Card. The only teams even close to the mark that would have to come out of the NFC North, and it would take the Bears snapping out of the funk they've been in or the Vikings continuing to ride Dalvin cook out of their 1-5 start to the year to come back into the wild card race.