Page 6 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of RB's who are ageless , Frank Gore will likely be the starter awhile in New York. The team just placed Bell on IR due to a hamstring issue which has became a big story. Bell got mad weeks ago after Gase pulled him out of practice as he had a hamstring issue. Well the 2 made up and during the game Bell suffered it again in 2nd quarter. At halftime he pushed to keep playing and Gase relented as he let Bell go out there taped up. Bell could barely run and had to exit the game

Bell was hurt worse and Gase claims he regrets not pulling him sooner after he saw replays of how he went in 2nd quarter. The team signed a RB but for now it seems the ageless , immortal Frank Gore will be carrying the load a few weeks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wow. Can Gore hold up being a full time back?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Its just him and Josh Adams. Gore was having some decent games with Buffalo last year and they had to let the young RB play since they drafted him high and he had learned from Gore enough there. Frank Gore has some gas left as his body is in decent shape even now.

Its wild but Gore reminds me of Dave Krieg , a 80's/90's QB who played 19 seasons. After Krieg's supposed starter career ended in early 90's in comical fashion wherever he would sign...the QB would go down with an injury and he'd be starting. It was wild to see it play out in KC , Detroit and Arizona...lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Gore should be fine. He's been good for 3.5-4 yards a carry for all of his latter years, and seems somehow immune to injury. That guy is gonna be one creaky, hobbling old man, though!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gore should be fine. He's been good for 3.5-4 yards a carry for all of his latter years, and seems somehow immune to injury. That guy is gonna be one creaky, hobbling old man, though!
    He may shock us . He could be a Hershel Walker. Walker himself played 15 seasons (USFL/NFL) and has over 19,000+ yards on his body in that span. If you look at Walker the man is 58 and joked a decade ago he could try a comeback. (that is how good of shape he is in).

That is him in his mid 50's then beating a guy half his age in push ups and doing close to 40. Maybe we can see Gore be like this.

Interesting musing by Mike Greengerg on ESPN Radio. He talked about Brady being the GOAT. Said based on his record and accomplishments, he is the GOAT. But that doesn't mean he is the best QB of all time. Thought they are different designations. He was saying while Brady is the Greatest, he is not the best to play QB. I guess he was looking at talent and skill. For that he mentioned Rodgers and Marino, who play (and played) QB better than just about anyone. There are more who could be in that conversation. Farve, Manning, etc.. He also thoughts Mahomes could be both.
    So what do you think about this? Do you think there is a difference between Greatest and Best? Who would you pick for Best.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

He was saying while Brady is the Greatest, he is not the best to play QB. I guess he was looking at talent and skill. For that he mentioned Rodgers and Marino, who play (and played) QB better than just about anyone. There are more who could be in that conversation. Farve, Manning, etc.. He also thoughts Mahomes could be both.
    So what do you think about this? Do you think there is a difference between Greatest and Best? Who would you pick for Best.
    1000%. This is the argument that ANYONE has who feels Joe Montana is a better QB than Brady. This is the same argument that I have in knowing Manning was a better QB than Brady. Most accomplished does not equate to the best when it comes play on the field. Robert Horry has more NBA Championship rings than Michael Jordan, Big shot Bob ain't Michael Jordan. Now so, modern era I can't honestly say there is a ton of QB's better. If I'm to give him credit for anything it's staying healthy and quasi-productive for longer than almost any athlete I've ever seen. He is 1A the Methuselah of modern sport, no getting around it. Oh and there's this one guy named Bill, Brady couldn't live without. I give Walsh a lot of credit but Joe Montana was the engine, Bellichick is the engine behind the Pats successes. I would go so far as to say, if Manning and Montana are not the GOAT and Marino due to his lack of championships isn't either than there is NO GOAT. Hell, it's a team game and Brady wasn't even an on field OC like Manning was so his status as GOAT is all about Superbowls. Not saying that's not a compelling argument but that don't automatically make him the best to ever do it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He may shock us . He could be a Hershel Walker. Walker himself played 15 seasons (USFL/NFL) and has over 19,000+ yards on his body in that span. If you look at Walker the man is 58 and joked a decade ago he could try a comeback. (that is how good of shape he is in).

That is him in his mid 50's then beating a guy half his age in push ups and doing close to 40. Maybe we can see Gore be like this.
    Amazing. Walker was more of a finesse RB, though, and he caught tons of passes out of the backfield as a double threat than Gore. Plus he had way better O-lines than Gore has typically had most of his career. Still, you make a good point about aging - hard to predict how Gore will be post-career. Hope the best for him.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I agree Surf, I think the Pats would have been just as successful with other contemporary greats like Brees, Manning, Rodgers. Because Bellichick was more important. His ability to game plan and then change that plan when things aren't working mid-game is unparalleled.
    But let's give Brady the GOAT title. I think separating that from the Best is a good idea. It's funny that we only do this with QB. For all other positions, rings don't mean as much. Greatest Receiver or Running Back or Line Backer or Corner Back. The number of playoff wins or SBs don't matter as much.

The QB is the leader of the team.

MLB, and some secondary positions like SS or CB lead just as much as a QB.

Very few teams win without at least a competent QB.

It's a fair comparison IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of RB's who are ageless , Frank Gore will likely be the starter awhile in New York. The team just placed Bell on IR due to a hamstring issue which has became a big story. Bell got mad weeks ago after Gase pulled him out of practice as he had a hamstring issue. Well the 2 made up and during the game Bell suffered it again in 2nd quarter. At halftime he pushed to keep playing and Gase relented as he let Bell go out there taped up. Bell could barely run and had to exit the game

Bell was hurt worse and Gase claims he regrets not pulling him sooner after he saw replays of how he went in 2nd quarter. The team signed a RB but for now it seems the ageless , immortal Frank Gore will be carrying the load a few weeks.
    Also, can Adam Gase hold up as a coach?

How did he not see Bell being injured longer as a consequence with those eyes?

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Also, can Adam Gase hold up as a coach?

How did he not see Bell being injured longer as a consequence with those eyes?

Well Greenburg and others have said he should be fired and should have been last year. Why a team signed him thinking he can develop a QB is beyond silly as we saw...this never happened in Miami. What QB did he develop ? Tannehill really was injured more and seemed inconsistent his run there than anything. The NY Jets are just a wild team to watch run as an organization.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Interesting musing by Mike Greengerg on ESPN Radio. He talked about Brady being the GOAT. Said based on his record and accomplishments, he is the GOAT. But that doesn't mean he is the best QB of all time. Thought they are different designations. He was saying while Brady is the Greatest, he is not the best to play QB. I guess he was looking at talent and skill. For that he mentioned Rodgers and Marino, who play (and played) QB better than just about anyone. There are more who could be in that conversation. Farve, Manning, etc.. He also thoughts Mahomes could be both.
    I wouldn't mind conceding that Brady is the best ever to play quarterback, he has the titles, he has the numbers, there's no denying his place in NFL history, but I'm of the opinion that Joe Montana is the greatest. After all, Joe Cool is unbeaten in four trips to the Super Bowl, and he pulled off that feat in an era when the competition was tougher and passers weren't protected to the near fanatical degree they are today. Still, arguing over stuff like this is great fun!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Otto Graham is forgotten a lot . I mean the man played 10 seasons (1946-1955) and took the Browns to 10 straight championships. Winning 7 of them . How important was Graham ? He retired after 1954 season and Paul Brown met with him during training camp and talked him into 1 more season and making him the NFL's highest paid player. He won a championship his final season . That era rarely gets mentioned now.

QB is a position where a number of guys can be listed . Some sadly like Dan Fouts , Dan Marino and more never won a championship through Hall of Fame careers. Some guys were huge athletes who had terrible NFL careers. One was Jeff George. Its said George had a damn cannon for an arm. But clashed with coaches every stop he made until he finally was not welcome in NFL .