Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The question for Derek Carr after the loss to the Mahomes Chiefs was basically - why did you score a touchdown so quickly and give Mahomes so much time at the end of the game??!!? Kind of unreal. I mean, what are you supposed to do, not score until some specific time in the game?
    Also Mahomes himself said after it , after the Raiders scored and they were getting the ball back he told them all he was gonna drive them down the field and score.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It's been confirmed Burrow will miss at least the rest of the season. An MRI showed Burrow tore his ACL, MCL and suffered other structural issues in his left knee. So lots of damage to that knee, so surgery is needed and recovery and rehab time may run into training camp, so there might be some question of his readiness to start next season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It's been confirmed Burrow will miss at least the rest of the season. An MRI showed Burrow tore his ACL, MCL and suffered other structural issues in his left knee. So lots of damage to that knee, so surgery is needed and recovery and rehab time may run into training camp, so there might be some question of his readiness to start next season.

-M
    Hell, with that much damage to recover from, we might now see Burrow until around this time in 2021, if at all next season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hell, with that much damage to recover from, we might now see Burrow until around this time in 2021, if at all next season.
    Zac Taylor is claiming he will not only be ready for next season but should get some time in in training camp. Experts of course debate this.

he is such a dumbass.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Zac Taylor is claiming he will not only be ready for next season but should get some time in in training camp. Experts of course debate this.

he is such a dumbass.
    Then he's perfect for the Bengals as "dumbass" seems to be their stock-in-trade.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

As one ESPN guy brought up , the Bengals should have kept Dalton around to start the season and brought Burrow along to where he understood protections and got the offensive line set more. He brought up how the Chiefs handled Pat Mahomes who as he reminded folks , only started 1 game his 1st season. And this was after stories of how great his practices were as Reid finally had to put Mahomes in and he decided to go ahead and ride with him in 2018.

But yeah this to me is what the Bengals should have done. Burrow taking a pounding was stupid. This wasn't gonna be a winning season regardless and all you did was get him hurt at the end. The Bengals should have told Dalton he'd start the year and help tutor Burrow and if games were blow outs , put Burrow in at garbage time to run some offense as well.

I really feel for the fan base of the Bengals. Steven A Smith pointed out that the team hasn't won a playoff game since.... the Bush Administration (the 1st Bush) and that was beating the Houston Oilers 30+ years ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As one ESPN guy brought up , the Bengals should have kept Dalton around to start the season and brought Burrow along to where he understood protections and got the offensive line set more. He brought up how the Chiefs handled Pat Mahomes who as he reminded folks , only started 1 game his 1st season. And this was after stories of how great his practices were as Reid finally had to put Mahomes in and he decided to go ahead and ride with him in 2018.

But yeah this to me is what the Bengals should have done. Burrow taking a pounding was stupid. This wasn't gonna be a winning season regardless and all you did was get him hurt at the end. The Bengals should have told Dalton he'd start the year and help tutor Burrow and if games were blow outs , put Burrow in at garbage time to run some offense as well.

I really feel for the fan base of the Bengals. Steven A Smith pointed out that the team hasn't won a playoff game since.... the Bush Administration (the 1st Bush) and that was beating the Houston Oilers 30+ years ago.
    That would require Paul Brown spending money and that ain't going to happen. The Bengals are a hopeless organization and will be as long as Brown owns it. His alligator arms shoestring the organizations ability to improve, compete and be relevant.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

That would require Paul Brown spending money and that ain't going to happen. The Bengals are a hopeless organization and will be as long as Brown owns it. His alligator arms shoestring the organizations ability to improve, compete and be relevant.

-M
    Its wild but Paul Brown was actually ....CHEAPER than what we see now. A story was when Marvin Lewis was 1st hired as coach in early 2000's , he was shocked at how bad the scouting department was. That the Bengals had the smallest scouting departments and Brown was forcing coaches to do this as well. So imagine an even more crazy cheap deal.

Mike brown is garbage. It doesn't help that most if the day to day stuff on the team is handled by his daughter and son in law who if reports are true are in the building maybe two days a week.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

-M
    Yeah, rumor had it the Bengals let Dalton walk because Brown wasn't willing to spend money to keep a veteran QB on the roster when he had a rookie at the position on the cheap.

While I don't think Saquon Barkley is the "best in a generation" running back the Giants said he was, given the complete s&*tshow the NFC is, I image a healthy Barkley would make the Giants the favorite to win.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Got an alert that there was some sort of medical emergency at the Cowboys practice facility that reportedly had nothing to do with COVID, but has shut down everything at the facility. With a short turnaround because of their Thursday afternoon game, that’s plenty ominous.

Got an alert that there was some sort of medical emergency at the Cowboys practice facility that reportedly had nothing to do with COVID, but has shut down everything at the facility. With a short turnaround because of their Thursday afternoon game, that’s plenty ominous.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It was something with their strength and conditioning coach that happened at 7:30ish this morning. He was treated at the facility then taken to a hospital for most tests, but more details haven't been released.

-M

It was something with their strength and conditioning coach that happened at 7:30ish this morning. He was treated at the facility then taken to a hospital for most tests, but more details haven't been released.

-M
    Yeah, that was what I heard on the tail end of the Mike Greenberg Show on ESPN Radio about an hour ago. Stroke, heart attack, seizure, who knows. Meanwhile, on the COVID beat, several Ravens players have tested positive, but plans are for their game with Pittsburgh to be played Thursday night, however, that could change if more Baltimore players are added to the list.