Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1612

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

  1. #931
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    In other news, its always fun to to watch Brady lose through getting pressured and tossing interceptions and "nowhere" throws. You're not at the Patriots anymore, Tom! His performance last night was almost Winston-esque.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  2. #932
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In other news, its always fun to to watch Brady lose through getting pressured and tossing interceptions and "nowhere" throws. You're not at the Patriots anymore, Tom! His performance last night was almost Winston-esque.
    Of all the losses he has had this year and the coach blamed Brady, this one is fully on Brady's shoulders. That under throw INT into triple coverage and that last over throw were 100% Tom. He also failed on open coverage to convert 3 third downs that would've put them in scoring range or at least not have to kick a FG ... not what I expected from the GOAT.

    All the other losses were shit coaching from Arians. He's not a very good coach to begin with. At least when it comes to managing a whole team.

    The way Goff played coupled with the new logo unis, I kept having to check to make sure this wasn't the Herbert Chargers playing.

    I do not like the Ewes new Charger logo still.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #933
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    The NFL cut down its list to 25 players who could go into the Hall of Fame. Of the 25 is players like Calvin Johnson , Tony Boselli , Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson are up for the Hall this year. Hopefully again as I always say , Don Coryell goes in. But won't hold my breath on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #934
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NFL cut down its list to 25 players who could go into the Hall of Fame. Of the 25 is players like Calvin Johnson , Tony Boselli , Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson are up for the Hall this year. Hopefully again as I always say , Don Coryell goes in. But won't hold my breath on it.
    How does the NFL HoF selection work? I get hockey, baseball, and even wrestling's weird one but the NFL one always confuses me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  5. #935
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    How does the NFL HoF selection work? I get hockey, baseball, and even wrestling's weird one but the NFL one always confuses me.
    This details the process as fans have a hand in it but the Selection Committee takes the names and works on voting. A player has to get 80% of the vote to go in.


    https://www.profootballhof.com/heroe...of-famer-faqs/


    It still leads to heartbreak for players like this last season....


    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #936
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This details the process as fans have a hand in it but the Selection Committee takes the names and works on voting. A player has to get 80% of the vote to go in.


    https://www.profootballhof.com/heroe...of-famer-faqs/


    It still leads to heartbreak for players like this last season....


    I've read that before. Thanks though.

    It is still rather unclear to me.

    The makeup of the selection committee is too restrictive and the process is not well-defined. The voting body is too small for my tastes, too. I'd like to see them also remove both the annual minimum of 5 inductees and the maximum of 10, to clear the backlog of worthy players like Coryell and Pearson.

    I really like hockey's though. I also wish all the others would adopt there 3 year wait to vote. I like that. Then you don't see players like Edgar Martinez in baseball or the aforementioned Drew Pearson, Don Coryell, Ottis Anderson, Richard Seymour, etc. get snubbed or get in at the last minute.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-24-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #937
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've read that before. Thanks though.

    It is still rather unclear to me.

    The makeup of the selection committee is too restrictive and the process is not well-defined. The voting body is too small for my tastes, too. I'd like to see them also remove both the annual minimum of 5 inductees and the maximum of 10, to clear the backlog of worthy players like Coryell and Pearson.

    I really like hockey's though. I also wish all the others would adopt there 3 year wait to vote. I like that. Then you don't see players like Edgar Martinez in baseball or the aforementioned Drew Pearson, Don Coryell, Ottis Anderson, Richard Seymour, etc. get snubbed or get in at the last minute.
    They usually do 7 inductees a year. This year for the 2020 class they did 20 inductees and people weren't happy. But this was to help a backlog of players go in and clear some out. Hopefully they stay at 7-8 inductees with 5-6 older/modern players and some who have been passed by for years like Coryell.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  8. #938
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The way Goff played coupled with the new logo unis, I kept having to check to make sure this wasn't the Herbert Chargers playing.

    I do not like the Ewes new Charger logo still.
    I could swear the ghost of Mark Malone was walking the field last night. . .but it could have been Herbert or a number of others.

    Yah, not a fan of the Rams new logo or their uniforms. They kind of looked like a bunch of overgrown toddlers, especially once they get a little mud on them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  9. #939
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They usually do 7 inductees a year. This year for the 2020 class they did 20 inductees and people weren't happy. But this was to help a backlog of players go in and clear some out. Hopefully they stay at 7-8 inductees with 5-6 older/modern players and some who have been passed by for years like Coryell.
    Everyone else is saying 5 with Manning and Woodson being the shoe-ins.

    Did that change!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #940
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I could swear the ghost of Mark Malone was walking the field last night. . .but it could have been Herbert or a number of others.

    Yah, not a fan of the Rams new logo or their uniforms. They kind of looked like a bunch of overgrown toddlers, especially once they get a little mud on them.
    I forgot about the Mark Malone Chargers!

    Chargers fans: "WE'RE THE NEW STEEL CURTAIN! HE CAN RUN! HE CAN GUN! SUPER CHARGERS SUPER BOOOOOOOWWWLLL!"
    *Malone signs with Jets, retires*
    Chargers fans: ""
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  11. #941
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Everyone else is saying 5 with Manning and Woodson being the shoe-ins.

    Did that change!?
    I'd say Calvin Johnson will be a shoe in to go since he;s Megatron and would have really pushed Jerry Rice on records list. But he retired early ala Barry Sanders still dominant. The Hall will put him in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  12. #942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    While I don't think Saquon Barkley is the "best in a generation" running back the Giants said he was, given the complete s&*tshow the NFC is, I image a healthy Barkley would make the Giants the favorite to win.
    Based on current events... this is probably correct.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  13. #943
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say Calvin Johnson will be a shoe in to go since he;s Megatron and would have really pushed Jerry Rice on records list. But he retired early ala Barry Sanders still dominant. The Hall will put him in.
    Yeah ... I don't see a lot of fringe players going in this year. Woodson, Megatron, Manning among a few others *cough*Hines Ward Jared Allen*cough*... that is a tough list.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-24-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  14. #944
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,055

    Default

    Yeah, I'd say Peyton, Megatron and Woodson are mortal locks. After that, it'll probably be a crapshoot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #945
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,055

    Default

    Just heard on the Mike Greenberg Show on ESPN Radio that tomorrow’s Steelers - Ravens game has been pushed back to Sunday because of all the COVID cases in Baltimore’s locker room. And that was the ONLY Turkey Day game worth watching. Shit!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •