Page 73 of 126 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The NFL's nightmare right now is the NFC East winner getting hot and running into teams losing starters to COVID to make a deep run and play in either the championship game or Super Bowl. If one of those teams makes a deep run, the whole league looks like a laughingstock. Not likely, but the Giants did beat the division leading Seahawks today, and a couple ugly win games like that in the playoffs is all it takes.

-M
    I'd say nightmare is real strong, the league will mitigate much of that. Goodell sought to expand the playoffs anyway so that scenario was most paramount when you do something like that. The caveat regarding Covid I think has hit the AFC teams harder, I know the Browns had a few but the Pats had the most so there would be a lot of good football going bad en route to one of the dregs of the LEast to get that hot, at that time. Imo Covid has done enough damage to the league in general to sow handfuls of doubt and asterisks. Steelers haven't lost and we're at the last quarter of the season, nobody is really pushing any of that buzz (how much of that is due to the Chefs is likely more than a little). If anything, the Giants have actually put it together more than than the WFT, Philly or Dallas. Seattle was sometimey anyway, especially with that defense so them losing a defensive battle isn't that out of character. Troubling it was at home but there again, Covid has negated so much of the 12th man everywhere there's no real home advantage to what these guys are used to.

The NFL nightmare is positive tests Championship weekend through Superbowl. You run out of games to postpone and It's highly unlikely the last 3 games of the season get pushed back.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that Gregg Williams, the Jets’ defensive coordinator who’s highly questionable call to blitz LV’s Derek Carr on the Hail Mary pass that won the game for the Raiders yesterday was fired.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Gregg Williams, the Jets’ defensive coordinator who’s highly questionable call to blitz LV’s Derek Carr on the Hail Mary pass that won the game for the Raiders yesterday was fired.
    And they keep Gase? Washington Team Football!!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And they keep Gase? Washington Team Football!!
    Why would they get rid of Gase? They are playing for the number one pick right now. They dont want to put a new coach in there that will mess things up by maybe winning two or 3 games.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Why would they get rid of Gase? They are playing for the number one pick right now. They dont want to put a new coach in there that will mess things up by maybe winning two or 3 games.
    So why fire Williams before the end of the season? No9t that anything the Jets do makes sense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DING DING DING! The Jets have to continue losing because Jacksonville still has only one win and has been losing just as consistently.

Lawrence is a Junior, why would he come out to end up with this horrible team. Just seeing what they did to Darnold should make him run the other way.

So in the first quarter of todays game The Bengals luck out and get a 72 yard touchdown. That is all they get today.
    Damn, you left out there was brawl in Miami. I mean it's not like Burrow was there long enough to change the culture but they went back to the spirit of old school Adam Jones quick fast.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They couldn't fire Gase since they either want Lawrence or trading down for more picks (Fields is the 2nd rated QB in draft and will go soon after Lawrence on boards. If Lawrence stays or gets drafted n traded for massive picks is still on table if he refuses to come out to play for them etc) . They can't fire Gase til the gun sounds on the final week of the season.

They just blamed Gregg Williams since they could fire him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lawrence is a Junior, why would he come out to end up with this horrible team. Just seeing what they did to Darnold should make him run the other way.
    What you said is entirely true, still, there’s no telling if Lawrence could face an even worse situation than the Jets in 2022. Then there’s the risk of getting hurt if he goes back for his senior season and watch his draft status potentially plummet as a result. Lawrence should come out now and take his chances with the Jets, if by some miracle, he brings that team back into prominence, he’ll be the king of the Big Apple.

I can't imagine a worse situation than the Jets. But there is a chance they have the #1 pick again in 2022.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Mike Fisher in Dallas went ALL IN on Skip Bayless calling him an outright liar and terrible human being for his actions the past years...

- Bayless put out a terrible book about Troy Aikman knowing it was just stupid rumors trying to paint Aikman as gay back years ago.

- Fisher and Johnson were both writing books on the Dallas Cowboys era of 1990's where they won a Super Bowl. Bayless claimed Johnson and Fisher was stealing his idea. But as Fisher joked its no brand new idea that people will write books about teams winning Super Bowls. That its been done before. Many people in Dallas organization wanted nothing to do with Skip Bayless book and didn't interview due to how he has done others there.

- Bayless got angry about Fisher's book claiming he was being too pro Jerry Jones who wrote the foreword in his book. Fisher joked that he was too pro Jimmy Johnson since for his book Johnson let him interview him too. And they aren't best friends either.

- Fisher learned from a reporter that Bayless tried to claim Jerry Jones bought Fisher a car back in 1990's. Fisher brings up that the 8 year old car was from his mother who he paid $2,000 for and he comically thanked Jones for the 2 grand for an 8 year old used car. The reporter never put it in the story.

- The biggest LIE was Bayless now is claiming he was called by Johnson when the Hershel Walker trade went down. Johnson called Bayless a liar and said he never called a reporter since all Bayless was at the time was in press box and wouldn't have.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, you left out there was brawl in Miami. I mean it's not like Burrow was there long enough to change the culture but they went back to the spirit of old school Adam Jones quick fast.
    There were two fights. The small one that got Boyd and the Miami player ejected. Then the larger one after that early hit. Zac Taylor has lost control of the locker room. The players have no disipline and no respect for him. But I promise he will be back next year.

I can't imagine a worse situation than the Jets. But there is a chance they have the #1 pick again in 2022.
    I dont know as much about the Jets as The Bengals. But I would rather play with the Jets next season then with The Bengals and ZT and Brown as the owner.

ZT is not going to be fired. I understand why WBE puts him on the hot seat list every week. But that is only valid if this were a normal team. The thing is ZT was hired not because Brown thought he would do a good job, Or because he had loads of experience. He was hired because he was a cheap option. Brown could have hired someone good, or maybe even decent. But he went with the person who would be cheap as Hell and be a yes man. Mike Brown does not care about winning. He does not care about a coach that will do a good job. he will go with whoever is cheapest. if that person happens to win great. If not no skin off his nose.

Hell he drafted Burrow not because he though Joe would turn the team around or because the fans wanted it. He did it because all he saw was dollar signs from jersey sales and fans in the seats. Of course covid ruined that last one.

Any one who thinks that ZT will be fired after this season is in for a huge let down. And if he is Brown will go for someone just as bad. He will not put money into a good head coach. I want to see the Bengals do good. Despite everything I still root for them. But just have to accept that for now this is how it is going to be for the next few years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So why fire Williams before the end of the season? No9t that anything the Jets do makes sense.
    Because players were publicly calling him out in the media for the call on that play and you have to mollify the fanbase somehow when a coach loses the locker room.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Well, no one has said anything about the Rams, who just quietly snuck into first place with a win against the Cardinals, so I'll say it. And thanks to Seattle losing an amazingly winnable game to the Giants of all teams. Remains to be seen who ends up leading the NFC West, but the Rams chances are the most dicey just due to having tougher remaining division games:

Rams play Patriots, Jets, Seattle, Cards - probably 2-2
    Seattle - Jets, WFT, 49ers, Rams - likely 3-1
    Cards - Giants, Eagles, 49ers, Rams - 2-2

So at season close, here's the NFC West (likely):

Seattle 11-5
    Rams 10-6
    Cards 8-8

As a Rams fan I just have to hope Seattle really is as bad as they looked on Sunday, and either WFT or 49s come up big against them.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-07-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.