Page 79 of 126 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Defensive Holding is such an odd penalty.

5 yards and automatic first down? Yet Offensive holding is 10 yards and repeat the down...

SMH
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I give props to Flores , he gave Pat Mahomes some problems today , but Pat Mahomes is a hard one to stop all 4 quarters. As one ex-player and analyst said awhile back , he's a player you have to play ALL 4 QUARTERS on since he seemingly won't be denied at times. This was a 1st for Mahomes as I don't think he's ever threw 3 Ints in a game til now. Post game he said the team has things they have to work on after it. Not even happy with the win , irked at the mistakes made which makes Pat Mahomes the elite player he is today as we see.

This win clinched the Chiefs their 5th straight AFC West title. Its also the their 8th straight season with a winning record under Reid as well. And this with basically rebooting the entire defense at one point as we saw them do !

Even if Kansas City loses in playoffs this year , my heart is fulfilled by what the Chiefs have done the last couple seasons. To win a Super Bowl and do it in such a fashion that people will spend years discussing ...well I won't complain. A coach can change the direction of a team as well as a player. Andy Reid did just that. He came in and turned the Chiefs around and for that I'll always remember him. The team battles hard and like the Marty Schottenheimer years , they play and try to compete at the top. So props to Andy Reid for being such a damn fine coach.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jalen Hurts leads the Eagles to an early second quarter touchdown drive to lead New Orleans 7-0.

They really need to start playing songs after every TD pass or run he makes....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The upset of the month is underway with the Eagles leading New Orleans 17-0 late in the first half.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The upset of the month is underway with the Eagles leading New Orleans 17-0 late in the first half.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

All I want for Christmas is a Defense....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Predictably, the Saints made adjustments at halftime, and thanks to a score of Eagle defenders lost to injury, New Orleans trails by only 17-14 in the fourth quarter.

It appears Alex Smith at halftime had a leg injury and no word yet on whats going on. After Smith's big gruesome leg injury in 2018 , the team hasn't had him come back out since. Dwayne Haskins is back starting again. There has been no word on the injury or how serious it could be.

And the Eagles hang on for the win. Great game

The upset of the month is complete with the Eagles hanging on to nip New Orleans 24-21 in Jalen Hurts’ first NFL start. As an Eagles fan, even I’m shocked. They key was a strong defense, despite numerous injuries and a potent rushing game with almost 250 yards.

The upset of the month is complete with the Eagles hanging on to nip New Orleans 24-21 in Jalen Hurts’ first NFL start. As an Eagles fan, even I’m shocked. They key was a strong defense, despite numerous injuries and a potent rushing game with almost 250 yards.
    If Brees was available, I don't think they pull that out.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-13-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Raiders took the latest loss as well as imagined. They fired their defensive coordinator Paul Guenther after the game. Rod Marinelli takes over as the interim defensive coordinator now.

Washington revealed that Alex Smith suffered a strained calf as x-rays today showed nothing serious. They will re-check him tomorrow to see how his leg is doing. Smith had told coaches his leg started to get some tightness and muscle soreness during the game and they didn't let him back in due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If Brees was available, I don't think they pull that out.
    Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever. By the by, WBE, the Birds will visit your boys this coming Sunday, and I'm guessing Hurts will get the start. What's your opinion on the game?

Of that, I have no doubt whatsoever. By the by, WBE, the Birds will visit your boys this coming Sunday, and I'm guessing Hurts will get the start. What's your opinion on the game?
    Honestly? They're both Jekyll & Hyde teams. Arizona had, by week 10, people talking about Kyler Murray as an MVP candidate, they had the best red zone defense in the league, and they looked like they were going to challenge the Seahawks and the Rams for the division. Then they lost three straight (4 of 5, including their loss to the Dolphins and it would have been five if not for that Hail Mary against the Bills), and you look at their schedule and see they can fall to teams like the Lions. Kliff Kingsbury has failed going for it on 4th down a bunch, and the defense has games where they can't stop turnovers and will let a team just carve them up slowly and keep the ball out of Kyler's hands (the Rams game they made Jared Goff look like Joe Montana). I've heard discussions about how Kyler needs to "work on his body language" because it makes him a flawed leader, seen tape of the offense having three receivers placed in the exact same area on routes on pass plays, and the team leads the league in penalties. I say this knowing they are 7-6, currently the #7 seed, and have already improved two games up on their win total from last year with three to play... but they are a flawed team. They've been lucky their O-Line hasn't been hit by injuries. Their pass rush dominating yesterday was a surprise, but it's inconsistent game-to-game if it's going to happen since Chandler Jones went down with an injury. The only excuse I can think of for the three game losing streak was "Larry Fitzgerald missed two of those games with Covid-19 and he's that important of a leader." Which, does not bode well for this team should he retire. Oh, and they also had a kicker missing FGs in key situations in Zane Gonzalez who mysteriously "developed a back injury" mid-week this week and was sat down for Mike Nugent. They probably would have beaten New England and been in the Rams game had he not been a regular Ray Finkle out there.

The Eagles... we're about to find out if Wentz really was the problem. Philly's defense hasn't been terrible this year, at times, they've looked great. But they've been on the field too much, and been tasked with defending short fields because all of Wentz's turnovers. Now Hurts is the guy, and while he did admirably against the Saints defense yesterday, he's still a rookie. A rookie with an offensive line depleted by injuries, and with a WR corps whose best days are believed to be behind them. They're going to try and lean on the running game, which might be their best hope, given Arizona hasn't been able to consistently stop the run due to a myriad of injuries... although the Cardinals are getting healthy up front on defense now. They're a team that seems like they want to save Doug Pederson's job, and any team who get that mindset with a coach who won a Super Bowl only a few years ago should not be ignored.

I want to say Arizona takes this one, but I know they play down to their competition, and a "home field advantage" isn't that in 2020 because of a lack of fans... it's going to be close. Unless they finally have a game were there offense is clicking and their kicker isn't missing easy ones in clutch situations.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, Arizona will have more film on Hurts than New Orleans had, so, it’ll be up to Doug Pederson to devise an offensive game plan to keep the Cards off balance, but the Birds need to continue running, especially after they gashed the Saints to the tune of nearly 250 yards. On defense, Philly suffered injuries in the secondary yesterday, most notably Darius Slay, hopefully, he’ll be ready for Sunday as I’m guessing he’ll be assigned to DeAndre Hopkins. I’m hoping Philly will come away with the win, but I’m not sure.

In other news; the Bills hand the Steelers their second loss of the season.