Page 88 of 126 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Colts got Steelers next, don't know if I want a pissed of Pittsburgh if they lose in Cinci.
    Right now, I don't think ANYONE fears Pittsburgh, not after they were punked by the two win Bengals. Hell, as things stand currently, given how poorly the Steelers are playing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cleveland overtakes them to win AFC North. In fact, I'll make a prediction: the Steelers don't win the rest of the season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Right now, I don't think ANYONE fears Pittsburgh, not after they were punked by the two win Bengals. Hell, as things stand currently, given how poorly the Steelers are playing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cleveland overtakes them to win AFC North. In fact, I'll make a prediction: the Steelers don't win the rest of the season.
    Injuries are piling up for the Steelers at the wrong time. Bud Dupree, Conner, and Dotson on the OL (the latter two both affect their ability to run the ball effectively).

I can't recall a team piling up a double-digit win total without a loss, then going on a 3 game losing streak. I think the Peyton Manning era Colts had a season where they were a juggernaut and then lost two in a row and THAT caused a panic.

But Pittsburgh's offense has had under 20 points for three straight games for the first time since Big Ben was a rookie.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So having signed up for the streaming combo of Disney+ , Hulu and ESPN+ ; I am watching the "Caught in the Draft" specials ESPN ran on selected drafts. The wildest story of the 1984 NFL Draft was the whole USFL Supplemental draft part. Where the league decided to draft players in case the USFL went bust at some point and they would avoid insane free agency prices for talented players.

The wildest case was NY Giants then under Bill Parcells having a pick in that draft and deciding to select between Gary Zimmerman or......Reggie White. Parcells wanted White . As someone said imagine the NY Giants with Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor ! As one guy joked , "Bill Belichick would have had fun with that !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say coming out and striking a mocking pose on the teams 50 yard line isn't the wisest thing to do in pregame. JuJu will likely face Tomlin's wraith for that after the game for how it seemed to fire the Bengals up.
    Nothing says "time to brag" like two losses in a row, I guess.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well, the 6-8 WFT were forced to give another chance to QB Dwayne Haskins on Sunday, because of an injury to Alex Smith. Trying to hang on for dear life and win the NFC (L)East, the WFT have Carolina this week, and Philly in Week 17. They were almost certain Alex Smith would be unavailable for at least this week, so Haskins might prove to them on the field that he has the right stuff to be their franchise QB (in spite of all the play that's shown the opposite).

So, with another opportunity to win the front office and fans over, Haskins didn't even wait until kickoff on Sunday to f*** up. He went out partying with strippers, and without his mask on during the Covid-19 pandemic. With no other real options at QB on Sunday (with all due respect, Taylor Heinicke ain't gonna cut it), the team is trying to handle the situation by fining and not suspending him, even though he could have Covid-19 any day now and get his teammates sick because he's a dumb s*** who is thinking with his d*** when he should be thinking about helping his team get into the postseason.

The WFT need a franchise QB, and will not even sniff Trevor Lawrence in this year's draft. If the team at #2 were to pass on Justin Fields... well, do they want to pass on one failed Ohio State QB just to two years take another one? Or are they going to settle for the third or fourth-best QB as their franchise savior?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, the 6-8 WFT were forced to give another chance to QB Dwayne Haskins on Sunday, because of an injury to Alex Smith. Trying to hang on for dear life and win the NFC (L)East, the WFT have Carolina this week, and Philly in Week 17. They were almost certain Alex Smith would be unavailable for at least this week, so Haskins might prove to them on the field that he has the right stuff to be their franchise QB (in spite of all the play that's shown the opposite).

So, with another opportunity to win the front office and fans over, Haskins didn't even wait until kickoff on Sunday to f*** up. He went out partying with strippers, and without his mask on during the Covid-19 pandemic. With no other real options at QB on Sunday (with all due respect, Taylor Heinicke ain't gonna cut it), the team is trying to handle the situation by fining and not suspending him, even though he could have Covid-19 any day now and get his teammates sick because he's a dumb s*** who is thinking with his d*** when he should be thinking about helping his team get into the postseason.

The WFT need a franchise QB, and will not even sniff Trevor Lawrence in this year's draft. If the team at #2 were to pass on Justin Fields... well, do they want to pass on one failed Ohio State QB just to two years take another one? Or are they going to settle for the third or fourth-best QB as their franchise savior?
    I heard about that strip club debacle with Haskins couple of hours ago. Talk about stupid on steroids. If Washington FC were out of the playoff hunt, I’m sure they’d send Haskins packing and run Heinicke out there on Sunday. However, with NFC Least and a postseason birth in their reach, Ron Rivera will have no choice but to swallow any indignation he has and start Haskins who should be on the street instead.

So the Washington 6-10s are on pace to go 6-10? YES!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard about that strip club debacle with Haskins couple of hours ago. Talk about stupid on steroids. If Washington FC were out of the playoff hunt, I’m sure they’d send Haskins packing and run Heinicke out there on Sunday. However, with NFC Least and a postseason birth in their reach, Ron Rivera will have no choice but to swallow any indignation he has and start Haskins who should be on the street instead.
    There is a belief Alex Smith maybe cleared to play that game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

There is a belief Alex Smith maybe cleared to play that game.
    One more reason to root for the guy... his backup's a goddamned idjit.

Heard some talking heads on ESPN radio (not the ones you usually get because the big names have the week off for the holiday) discussing potential off-season QB shifts. Like, where do people like Mitch Trubisky, Nick Foles, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, and others end up next year?

Best theory I heard... Denver trades for Carson Wentz, because "he's tall and mediocre right now, everything Elway looks for in a guy".

Still, Wentz might like the rural parts of Colorado, given his hobbies. That's absolutely a terrible reason for it to happen, but if the Eagles can salvage a 2nd or 1st rounder out of this and send him to an AFC team where they don't see him but once every four years, that might be a solution they find amicable.

Heard some talking heads on ESPN radio (not the ones you usually get because the big names have the week off for the holiday) discussing potential off-season QB shifts. Like, where do people like Mitch Trubisky, Nick Foles, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, and others end up next year?

Best theory I heard... Denver trades for Carson Wentz, because "he's tall and mediocre right now, everything Elway looks for in a guy".

Still, Wentz might like the rural parts of Colorado, given his hobbies. That's absolutely a terrible reason for it to happen, but if the Eagles can salvage a 2nd or 1st rounder out of this and send him to an AFC team where they don't see him but once every four years, that might be a solution they find amicable.
    Lock is likely someone Elway will stick with. He can't change QB's again and its clear Elway has struggled to replace Peyton Manning as all the "guys" he targeted have failed. Brock Osweiler left and returned , never working out. Paxton Lynch was a bust who loved video games more than NFL , Siemen tried but failed and one player had promise but had to be cut for his off field f-ck up 2+ seasons ago.

I'd say that Frank Reich knowing Wentz will play into getting him. To make the deal Philly may have to eat a good bit of salary in the deal to make a trade. That cap number he has is pretty high.

BANNED

Dang, got excited when I saw Deshaun Watson on your list. Thought I'd heard he'd signed an extension, and sadly Google confirms. I'd give up picks to get him, but think Houston isn't going to let two superstar offensive players go in back to back seasons. It's about the only thing they've done right. As a Patriots fan I certainly hope some of those guys like Wentz or Trubisky go to a place with questionable or aging QBs, like the Vikings/Broncos/Panthers/Falcons. Hoping one of the decent young QBs are available at wherever we pick. Not the top 2 certainly. Anybody watch Florida in college? See a lot of impressive numbers out of that Trask kid but never hear him mentioned as a possible first rounder, even when they talk about the 2 or 3 behind Lawrence and Fields.

Lock is likely someone Elway will stick with. He can't change QB's again and its clear Elway has struggled to replace Peyton Manning as all the "guys" he targeted have failed. Brock Osweiler left and returned , never working out. Paxton Lynch was a bust who loved video games more than NFL , Siemen tried but failed and one player had promise but had to be cut for his off field f-ck up 2+ seasons ago.

I'd say that Frank Reich knowing Wentz will play into getting him. To make the deal Philly may have to eat a good bit of salary in the deal to make a trade. That cap number he has is pretty high.
    Just about every talking head, both local and national have said Wentz's decline could be traced to Reich's departure after the Super Bowl. I'm sure Reich would love to team up with Wentz again given Phillip Rivers has an expiration date that's drawing ever closer, but yeah, Indy's front office won't even think about pulling the trigger on a trade unless the Eagles agree to eat a substantial portion of his salary.

Week 16 "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" Watch

ALREADY FIRED BEFORE WEEK 13: Bill O'Brien (Texans) , Dan Quinn (Falcons), Matt Patricia (Lions)

12. Ron Rivera, WFT (IS THIS A ROOM TEMPERATURE SEAT?) : The NFC (L)East is a disaster, make no mistake. But the WFT’s awful start to the year may now be trending in a better direction. Washington’s defense is clearly it’s strength, with Chase Young living up to the hype before he was drafted, and one of the best front four on a D-Line you’re gonna see in football. This team was lucky enough to fall ass backwards into competent play from Frankenleg, Alex Smith, at QB to resolve a lot of offensive woes they saw then they were running Kyle Allen and Dwayne Haskins out there under center, they’ve somehow managed to emerge as the team who might end up taking this division by default. The team managed to put a four game win streak together respectable dropping to Seattle in a close game last week and ending up at 6-8… where Alex Smith left around the half with an injury (uh oh, here we go again).

Dwayne Haskins may have had his latest chance to prove he was worth a first round pick (like his third or fourth already), and proceeded to take that responsibility and get distracted by the power of tiddies to go out to party with strippers MASKLESS during the pandemic, ignoring all Covid-19 protocols. Just… when you’re a dumbass on the field, whatever, but when you completely f*** up off it as well, you’re a special kind of disaster. Now the WFT have to fine him, but still play him even though they should probably wait 7-10 days to make sure he didn’t catch Covid-19 to bring it into the whole f***ing locker room. But their other option is starting a gimpy Alex Smith or *checks notes* nobody named Tyler Heinicke, who deserves a brand deal with Heineken.
    Again, why Rivera is even on this list... I want to be clear, here... I don't think Ron Rivera is a bad coach. It's bad practice for a franchise to fire coaches after only one year. Also, if this wasn't obvious... it would be really f***ed up if the team fired a guy who's trying to coach THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS. So, based on everything I know about team owner Daniel Snyder being a colossal ***hole... he could absolutely still fire Ron Rivera and then try to spin it in the media that he was doing him a favor because of said cancer at the end of the year. I’m THIS CLOSE to pulling Ron Rivera from my list of potential axe victims at the end of the season…

11. Sean McVay, Rams : YOU LOST TO THE JETS.

I do not need to explain the logic further.

10. Matt Nagy, Bears (LUKEWARM SEAT): The Double-Doink happened like 2 years ago, but it made something snap in Matt Nagy. He spent that entire off-season talking about it, and making his players relive that trauma, and they responded by getting worse afterwards. Where they didn’t respond was fixing their QB situation. Instead, they set some sort of record post-draft for having like 10 Tight Ends on their roster, which… isn’t how you should build a team. Their defense? They still have DPOTY candidate Khalil Mack. The offense? Yeah, again, that QB situation. They brought in Nick Foles to be Mitch Trubisky’s backup. Trubisky struggled early this year, got benched, and then Foles got hurt. So every week has been a tease of if Chicago would have to backpedal and put Trubisky back in. They did, and after an embarrassing game against the Packers, Mitch has been… okay. Not a Pro Bowl QB, but he hasn’t f***ed it up as Chicago has recovered to get to 7-7 and just a game behind Arizona for the #7 seed in the playoffs. The Bears final two games are against Jacksonville (who look like they’re going to be tanking to make sure they get Trevor Lawrence) and then against the Packers, who could be playing to get a 1st Round playoff BYE. It looks like they might somehow finish 8-8, and that’s probably enough to save Nagy’s job for ONE more season, although I have no idea what they do about their QB situation in the off-season to assure he doesn’t immediately start 2021 on the hot seat again.

9. Anthony Lynn, Chargers (LUKEWARM SEAT) : Anthony Lynn's looking like he has something with rookie QB Justin Herbert, and they are now on a two-game win streak after beating the Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday, which snapped a 9 game losing streak they had against AFC West rivals. Lynn's in his fourth season as Chargers head coach, he just got his contract extended through 2021 in February... but after going 5-11 last year, if he doesn't improve on that, he might not get that fifth. He’s gotten to 5-9 now and their remaining schedule is Denver (winnable) and Kansas City (not winnable unless they bench their starters and they won’t because they’re playing for the #1 seed). They sad statistic on Anthony Lynn is that even with his past two wins, he is 6-20 in one score games as a head coach. Your maybe they’ll let him finish this contract note? EVERYBODY likes Anthony Lynn. I’ve not heard a player, coach, or NFL pundit speak ill of him. He’s got this team close to something… he just needs a little bit more talent on the roster, and he might have something next year. Unfortunately, his team’s owners are the Spanos family and are a bunch of self-owning cheapskates… so good luck bringing in a key free agent to help the guy.

8. Mike Zimmer, Vikings : The Vikings were supposedly "just a QB away" from winning a Super Bowl with the impeccable defense they had, and they spent BIG for Kirk Cousins. Then they traded away Stephon Diggs (BIG MISTAKE), and their defense officially "got a case of the olds" going into 2020. Minnesota fell to 6-8 against a Bears team that against their will has had to return to Mitch Tribusky. The Bears rushed for just shy of 200 yards, showing Minnesota’s key weakness… the D-Line isn’t what it used to be. Overall, you look at the Vikes’ season, and Dalvin Cook is about to go over 1500 yards on the ground, they have Justin Jefferson, a rookie WR with over 1000 yards receiving, and you’re like… how are they two games out of a playoff spot right now? HOW? Well, if they sneak in to the playoffs (unlikely), they’ll need to beat the Saints on the road this week (who kind of have an axe to grind with them over some previous playoff losses), and then the Lions on the road next week AND get a bunch of help from teams like Chicago and Arizona. If they get in, they would be the first team to start 1-5 and make the playoffs. Even with a #7 seed, I don’t think it’s possible given the schedule. And with what this team DOES have, it’s shocking that Zimmer can’t at least get them into the postseason, which could likely cost him his job.

7. Joe Judge, Giants: The Giants were suddenly the favorite of the NFC (L)East because they put together a four game win streak to move to 5-7, but some folks failed to notice they did it against some of the flat-out worst teams in the league (including their division rivals). Consecutive losses to the Cardinals and Browns in embarrassing fashion may have something to do with the return of…Daniel Jones! Who still sucks, and sucks even more mightily when he’s got a bad hamstring. (Who knew, right?)

Joe Judge is probably not a name you've heard, in general, as New York's coach. You will be for the rest of the year. He was formerly New England's assistant special teams coach. How he got elevated to his first HC gig... lord only knows. How the Giants have not paid attention to how everything on the Belichek coaching tree has died on the vine through the past 20 years... yeah... don't know. What we do know is, Joe Judge made his players run sprints when he wasn't happy with them prior to this season, fired his offensive line coach during the middle of the and the only thing that will save his ass to get a second season will be if he blames Daniel Jones, GM Dave Gettleman, or injuries for his woes. It’s been a long year for the guy, and his roster, led by a quality defense but with no hope on offense currently, goes Baltimore this week to likely s*** the bed again and hope and pray that the dumbassery of what’s happening with the WFT at least gives them a hope and a prayer going into Week 17 of taking this division when they face the Cowboys, who somehow haven’t been eliminated yet either because the NFC (L)East title is apparently radioactive and no one wants to touch it.

6. Mike McCarthy, Cowboys Again, first year coaches don't usually get fired. But, given the preseason hype where the Cowboys were, I s*** you not, the NFC Super Bowl pick by Dan Patrick… and they're 5-9, that’s not good. They look far worse than that record. The offensive line that made them so threatening only a few seasons ago is already dilapidated due to injuries (they just got both tackles back and BOTH went down with injuries again on Thursday), and right now, it's second stringers across the board. That decline in talent across the O-Line wasn't glaring when Dallas had Dak Prescott keeping them in games with gaudy numbers through their first five this year (RIP Dak's ankle, I think it died of the 'Rona or something), and they’ve ended up starting four different guys at QB. They’re actually relieved they got ginger legend Andy Dalton back to manage the kind of mediocre output that has been the hallmark of his career. Fun STAT! Despite missing the last nine games, Dak Prescott leads the Cowboys in passing with 1,856 yards. Andy Dalton has 1,549 yards in seven starts.

The good news? They’re in the NFC (L)East and just got two easy games against the Bungles and then the 49ers, who were both RAVAGED by injuries to get them to 5-9. That’s only a game out of first with two games left to play against the Eagles and Giants. They can get in with two wins against those foes, and if Washington should choke and lose their final two.

Going forward, this team has dropped all its money into skill position players and no one is left who can block for Zeke, or buy enough time to throw to Amari Cooper. For the last three years he was in Green Bay, Mike McCarthy was considered to have been more of a hindrance to Aaron Rodgers from the point they won a Super Bowl going forward, and he doesn't seem like his return to coaching after a year away is going to prove Rodgers was the problem. Hell, after Thursday, he made it pretty clear that he wasted the prime of Rodgers’ career. Whether or not Jerrah and Son are dumb enough to stick by him in 2021 so he can make their franchise a laughing stock for a second year… we’ll have to see.

5. Doug Pedersen, EaglesThe Eagles just are to 4-9-1 and somehow… SOMEHOW still alive as a potential NFC (L)East champion. They remain only a game and half game back in this division with two to play because the teams in it collectively are something that fell out of a dog’s arse. Carson Wentz was a guy people talked about as an MVP candidate just a few years ago, and now has been benched for miserable play in favor of Jalen Hurts, who last week put up some great numbers against Arizona on the road. While a lot of people want to lay blame for Philly’s woes on the coach, the real problem might be they gave a huge contract to a guy who already got a ring while sitting on the sidelines watching Nick Foles, and he didn’t playing up to it and now wants to be traded if he isn’t just awarded permanent starter status even though he’s sucking like a black hole that you owe money to (and the Eagles still do owe him quite a bit of money). The defense has been keeping the Eagles in games, and their final two games are against the Cowboys and Washington… so they could win out with a guy literally named HURTS under center and take this division at 6-9-1, which would earn them the obvious moniker of “Worst Playoff Team Ever”.

4. Vic Fangio, Broncos : A reminder, Fangio declared that Covid-19 is showing "who the whiners are" around the NFL, which is one of the dumbest "fake tough guy" quotes I think I've seen in some time about a disease that's killed 270,000 people. And then his entire QB room got suspended for a game because apparently wearing masks is too hard. This is in addition to Fangio’s terrible opinions on police killings of African Americans in the off-season that were completely unnecessary for him to even opine about in the first place. If it were only "on the field" failings, I think Fangio would be in trouble, but that AND his mouth are making him a likely candidate for getting the boot at year's end.

On the field, though... “Mr. Covid Tough Guy” Fangio Denver just moved to 5-9 after having his team’s s*** utterly kicked in by the Bills in a 48-19 loss. That’s their fifth blowout loss this year, and Denver’s fan base does not tolerate mediocrity, let alone ineptitude like we’re seeing from this squad. For a team that’s supposedly got a defensive badass in charge, they sure give up a lot of points. I know they lost Von Miller in the preseason and all, but come on, I’d like to think you can stop Buffalo from nearly getting a fifty-burger on you.

3. Zac Taylor, Bengals: This is as good as it gets… Cincinnatti had a primetime matchup with Pittsburgh and JuJu Smith-Shuster committed one of the cardinal sins of the NFL… you do NOT taunt your opponents on their 50 yard line team logo. You just don’t. You can literally put together a highlight reel of pre-game scuffles where far less was done to disrespect a foe. And goddamn, did the Bengals answer by laying him out in the first quarter and going on to a 17-0 lead against their hated foes from Pittsburgh.

This puts Cincinnatti’s record at 3-10-1, and even with the Joe Burrow injury... The lights are still out, all hope is not lost, because they played for pride and won against the goddamn Steelers. Yes, their record is still in the 1B tier of suckitude, behind only the woeful Jags and Jets, and slightly ahead of the Texans, Carolina, and all the 5-9 teams.

The story here of why Taylor might not get fired is "Mike Brown is a f***ing cheapskate... AND HEY, WE BEAT THE STEELERS!" Remember all the years where people thought FOR SURE Marvin Lewis would get fired because he couldn't win a playoff game? And Cincinnatti kept him around? Well, the talk always was because Mike Brown couldn't find a cheaper, better option than that, and the skinflint would never spend money on a good coach. So I look at Zac Taylor, and think they're gonna give him at least until the end of the year and maybe longer because as bad as the Bengals look outside of Joe Burrow and as disgruntled as this locker room is... Zac Taylor still only makes between $400,000 and $600,000 a season. He is valued at roughly 1/20 of Bill Belichek, and maybe like 1/16 of an Andy Reid.

2. Adam Gase, Jets: The… The Jets… won? Against the Rams? HOLY S***, any given Sunday and all that, but holy s***. But let’s not go acting like this team is going to be world-beaters for the next two weeks…

The Jets have lost by 20 or more points eight times since the start of 2019. In one out of three games the J-E-T-S are blown out by three TDs with Ol' Bug Eyes as head coach over his 25 game tenure. He's also had his now former defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, taking potshots at him in front of the New York media, who are eating that s*** up with a spoon. He admitted he’s failed to develop Sam Darnold as a QB. Adam Gase picked his own GM, who ridiculously lied to the New York media that Gase was the best man for this job. And should the Jets still draft a QB in April, do you want Adam F***ing Gase coaching him? We’re talking about Justin Fields now, most likely, and for those who haven’t noticed… Ohio State quarterbacks have not exactly developed into NFL starting QBs over the past 15 years while their team has won on Saturdays. You’re going to trust Adam Gase to fail another QB like he failed Tim Tebow, Ryan Tannehill (who suddenly got better without him), and Sam Darnold? Well, great. Justin Fields is gonna go the path of Dwayne Haskins, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller, Terrell Pryor, and Troy Smith.

Anyway, if the Jets have even a hint of self-awareness, they’re going to fire Gase, and trade down out the #2 pick to a team who needs a QB more so they can fill NUMEROUS holes in their roster and try to bring in a head coach who can salvage something from Sam Darnold, who we’ll remind you is one of multiple USC “can’t miss” QBs whom the Jets have ruined.

1. Doug Marrone, Jaguars: I honestly thought he got fired at the end of the 2019 season... but NOPE, he's still down in the swamps of Jacksonville. We're now going to three years removed from the Jaguars being up on the Patriots with 10 minutes to go in the AFC Championship Game, and the number of players from that 53-man squad still in Jacksonville is 7. They have had two Top 5 picks from recent drafts in Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette flat-out escape this franchise. They've had two double-digit loss seasons coming into this one, and now having dropped to 1-13 after a blowout loss to the resurgent Ravens (that’s thirteen losses in a row, for those keeping track)... They have locked in a third straight double-digit loss season Gardner Minshew and his "cop in a porno flick" mustache is now set up to be replaced by Trevor Lawrence’s butt-chin if he can’t squeak out a victory against Chicago (who are playing for their post-season lives) and then the Colts (who are almost certainly a playoff team as well).

Shad Khan is one of the more patient owners in the league (hell, he let Gus Bradley stick around to build the worst losing percentage in coaching history), and the team stuck by Marrone through the BYE week. While firing Marrone at any point to let OC Jay Gruden take over as the interim coach would have made sense... it looks like Marrone will stick around through season's end. He is probably NOT the guy you want to be there in 2021, when Trevor Lawrence arrives in the swamp to try and get this team back into playoff contention (it’s going to take 2-3 years with how bad this squad is).
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-23-2020 at 03:22 AM.