Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Of the QB's listed here is my prediction and more...

- Cam Newton : Will become a backup QB likely in New York with one of those teams or New Orleans. He is no longer a starting QB and will become a traveling backup QB til the end of his career.

- Nick Foles : Backup QB likely kept in Chicago as insurance for Matt Nagy if he's kept around.

- Mitch Trubisky : Chicago will get fooled with his current streak of good games and suddenly empty big money for Trubisky who will sign a 4-5 season deal and suck in 2021.

- Dak Prescott : Will sign the $33-35 million dollar extension next year in Dallas ; the same deal he was insulted by this past season.

- Drew Brees : Will announce his retirement after the last 2 seasons ended with him being hurt pretty bad. Brees will cite his health concerns and that the broken ribs was a sign to end it. Saints will go with Hill who has played pretty decent.

- Alex Smith : Will be offered a backup job in Washington as he can't be expected to start anymore. His leg issues is just too risky for any team to gamble on.

- Dwayne Haskins : Will be cut in off season due to his off field situations. Not his play on field which no one can really decide on since he really at times shows what he can do. Its just he's not played enough games to judge fully on. But the off field problems will be too hard to keep. (Washington will try to make a push for Fields or perhaps ..Newton as a bridge QB)

- Drew Lock : Elway just came out and said that Lock is growing as a young QB and that they expect more better things in year 3. Lock will get a 3rd season to see if he can grow in that role there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of the QB's listed here is my prediction and more...

- Alex Smith : Will be offered a backup job in Washington as he can't be expected to start anymore. His leg issues is just too risky for any team to gamble on.

- Dwayne Haskins : Will be cut in off season due to his off field situations. Not his play on field which no one can really decide on since he really at times shows what he can do. Its just he's not played enough games to judge fully on. But the off field problems will be too hard to keep. (Washington will try to make a push for Fields or perhaps ..Newton as a bridge QB)
    No good answers here. Only thing I'd add is that Smith's leg is secondary to him just not being a good QB. Great story, comeback player of the decade but this is the worst season he's ever had. Wentz to the Redskins makes sense to me only in that you can compete for the next couple seasons while the rest of the lEast figures it out. Wentz is going to be able to pick his spot if the reports are true he want's to bail. Not really a good spot but a starting spot nontheless.

For Haskins sake, one could only hope that Washington Team Football's 'ownership' isn't the kind to throw rocks in a glass house... heavy emphasis on could hope.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

So it came across the alerts on my phone , New England won't be making the playoffs , breaking their 11 year long streak. They could end up with their 1st losing season below .500 if they drop a game in the next 2.
    This pleases me but its BITTERSWEET.
    If Brady was still with the Patriots I would be cackling with glee.

Also My Vikes are done. No way they can beat the Saints on Christmas Day.
    I like Zimmer but maybe its time for a Offense minded head coach.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I understand Haskins was a team captain but had that taken away after the strip club debacle. WFC gave that knucklehead such a responsibility when he clearly WASN'T responsible?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This week Tom Brady will achieve a big milestone soon. He will be starting his 300th NFL game this Saturday. Brady would have likely hit past that mark last year had he not lost the 2009 season to injury. But beyond kicker/punters on this list ; Brady will join players like Brett Farve , Jerry Rice and George Blanda as iron men starting wise on the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_games_played
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Yea Vikes are weird, I think Zimmer is a good coach but they are fighting for last place in the North. Defense definitely has taken steps back, I know they lost some players on both sides but still I don't see much of a defensive stamp. I feel they've got to lead the league in one point losses. Worse they've been on the business end of the Bears recent tear. Crazy to realize Zimmer's been there for 7 years now, seem like every other season he gets to the playoffs. I'll always feel a guy like Cousins should be more prolific considering what they're paying him. He's had weapons, running game hasn't been as productive as seasons before but I really like Theilen. IDK, I know he shows up on wbe's coaching hot seat but I'm not convinced they can do much better than Zimmer.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

Everyone in Cincy had the same thought Monday afternoon about the Steelers.

I love the Saints and want to see them win. But if Zimmer loses, gets fired and came to Cincy I would not be heart broken.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-24-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yea Vikes are weird, I think Zimmer is a good coach but they are fighting for last place in the North. Defense definitely has taken steps back, I know they lost some players on both sides but still I don't see much of a defensive stamp. I feel they've got to lead the league in one point losses. Worse they've been on the business end of the Bears recent tear. Crazy to realize Zimmer's been there for 7 years now, seem like every other season he gets to the playoffs. I'll always feel a guy like Cousins should be more prolific considering what they're paying him. He's had weapons, running game hasn't been as productive as seasons before but I really like Theilen. IDK, I know he shows up on wbe's coaching hot seat but I'm not convinced they can do much better than Zimmer.
    A big knock on Kirk Cousins as a free agent and demanding $30-35 million a season was he could put up great numbers sure. But he rarely won big games. A fact that before he signed with Minnesota 2 seasons ago some brought up his record vs winning teams and win playoffs mattered. That he never could win those type of games. He clearly is being over paid and it hurt the rest of team. (its why Diggs was traded and some players were let go).

Minnesota has some big decisions to make after this season. They have tried drafting 1st rd QB's the last 2-3 times and have failed (Dante Culpepper , Christian Ponder and Terry Bridgewater) and the free agent signings haven't really sparked them to playoffs or wins. The biggest win they had was with a cheaper QB in Case Keenum.

Spectacular Member

Minnesota has some big decisions to make after this season. They have tried drafting 1st rd QB's the last 2-3 times and have failed (Dante Culpepper , Christian Ponder and Terry Bridgewater) and the free agent signings haven't really sparked them to playoffs or wins. The biggest win they had was with a cheaper QB in Case Keenum.
    Culpepper was good, but Moss and Carter made him look so much better. Ponder should never have been a 1st rd pick (and I am a huge Florida St fan), and Bridgewater was pretty good, but got hurt (correct me if I am wrong). I understand the NFL is a QB driven league, but something has to be said about good coaching and game planning.
    Hell, John Fox won with Tim Tebow at QB.
    Also, if an owner wants to win, they have to be prepared to lose a few years, even in a good coach's tenure. Unfortunately, the days of a Don Shula and Tom Landry type coaches being with one team for 20+ yrs are long gone (minus Belichik, of course).

My Saints clenched today with a Texas sized whooping of the Vikings killing their chances at a post season. Ak41 had 6 count them six tds! Would have been 7 but that shit truck Payton took him out and did a bullshit Hill td run instead.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I think it's pretty much a given Zimmer is done in Minnesota after yesterday's debacle against the Saints. I wonder if the Vikings will try and unload Cousins after the season because he doesn't look like the answer at quarterback.

Speaking of QB's , a future Hall of Famer in Drew Brees became the 1st ever NFL QB to cross the 80,000+ career yards mark. He did that in 2nd quarter. Its the 1st time a NFL QB has done that and its expected that Tom Brady if he plays another season can be the 2nd to cross that mark as he's 1500-2000 yards away right now from that.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think it's pretty much a given Zimmer is done in Minnesota after yesterday's debacle against the Saints. I wonder if the Vikings will try and unload Cousins after the season because he doesn't look like the answer at quarterback.
    He's on my hot list, and the only thing that might be saving his ass is if the Wilfs figure, "Well, it's a pandemic, so maybe we should excuse a bad season..." as well as, "We just signed him to a three year extension, and that's a lot of cash to eat if we fire him now.

But a supposed defensive coach just gave up more yards than any Vikings team in history, and had a RB tie another league record. New Orleans put up a 50-burger on the Purple Nurples, and post game, he said "This is a BAD defense. The WORST I've EVER HAD..."

Well, that sure as hell will motivate these guys to play for you, Zimms.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Bucs are absolutely humiliating the toothless Lions, gutting them 47-7 late in the third quarter. Yikes!

So the second game today is exclusive to Prime Video? First NFL Network, now streaming exclusives. Ugh. Its not a particularly enticing game, but its yet another troubling trend just waiting to start.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El