Page 96 of 126 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

From South Philly: Reports are that head coach Doug Pederson and GM Howie Roseman will return next season while defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz won’t return when his contract expires after the season. Eagles fans were never that enamored with Schwartz who was reticent to release the hounds and blitz like Buddy Ryan and Jim Johnson loved doing and won’t be missed all that much. As for Pederson, I’m fine with his returning, but I’d prefer the team hire a REAL offensive coordinator and have playcalling taken away from Doug, regarding Roseman whom most fans here dislike because of his horrifically bad drafts scattershot history of free agent signings, I’ve been of the opinion owner Jeff Lurie won’t drop the ax on Roseman as he feels guilty for having banished Howie to the broom closet when Chip Kelly was hired several years ago, so, basically, Roseman will stay for as long as he wants. Annoying.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    From South Philly: Reports are that head coach Doug Pederson and GM Howie Roseman will return next season while defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz won’t return when his contract expires after the season. Eagles fans were never that enamored with Schwartz who was reticent to release the hounds and blitz like Buddy Ryan and Jim Johnson loved doing and won’t be missed all that much. As for Pederson, I’m fine with his returning, but I’d prefer the team hire a REAL offensive coordinator and have playcalling taken away from Doug, regarding Roseman whom most fans here dislike because of his horrifically bad drafts scattershot history of free agent signings, I’ve been of the opinion owner Jeff Lurie won’t drop the ax on Roseman as he feels guilty for having banished Howie to the broom closet when Chip Kelly was hired several years ago, so, basically, Roseman will stay for as long as he wants. Annoying.
    On the bright side, your team has a nickname, unlike a division foe... so they have that going for them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    On the bright side, your team has a nickname, unlike a division foe... so they have that going for them.
    True dat! I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that Washington owner Daniel Snyder is leaning towards keep the team without a nickname, something that sounds a lot to me like a big, fat "F-U!" to everyone who forced him to dump the Redskins moniker.

Ultimate Member

I just fear that sooner or later it'll be bad to have named a team after any group of people, like the Vikings, or Patriots, or Packers, Texans, 49'ers, or animals like Lions, and Bears and Seahawks and such...

Then again I never saw the name Redskins as mocking anyone...

On a different topic the draft should be interesting, wonder how the order will finally shake out and where the qb's will go...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Also reports that Cowboys OC Kellen Moore has turned down the offer to be the new HC at his alma mater Boise State and will receive a contract extension to return as Cowboys OC next season.

-M
    Moore likely has his eyes set on a future head coaching job at some point. If he continues to be as good as he is right now , I doubt he stays the whole 3 years of that deal he just signed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

ESPN is reporting that NFL sources say the relationship between Eagles coach Doug Pedersen and QB Carson Wentz is "fractured beyond repair" and that Wentz will demand a trade in the offseason and has instructed his reps to work with the Eagles front office to make whatever changes are needed to his contract to make the trade work. We'll have to see how this all plays out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lans-ask-trade

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

ESPN is reporting that NFL sources say the relationship between Eagles coach Doug Pedersen and QB Carson Wentz is "fractured beyond repair" and that Wentz will demand a trade in the offseason and has instructed his reps to work with the Eagles front office to make whatever changes are needed to his contract to make the trade work. We'll have to see how this all plays out.

-M
    I guess that being a healthy scratch for tonight’s season finale was the last straw for Wentz. It’s hard to believe how this situation went south so fast.

1 p.m. Given a choice here in Philly between Cowboys v. Giants on FOX and Steelers v. Browns on CBS, I’m going with the latter.

Miami has to win today against a stronger Bills team to make its unexpected playoff run. Meanwhile other Wildcard teams Baltimore plays the Bengals and the Colts have the Jags. Just the chances of the schedule, but still sucks for the Phins.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Other than a 47 touchdown run by Nick Chubb in the first quarter, scoring has been at a premium as the Browns lead Pittsburgh 10-3 at the two minute warning.

Miami has been able the keep it close against good teams, not today, a bloodbath against the Bills.
    I would say based on the last 3 weeks, right now Allen and the Bills are a better team than Mahomes and the Chiefs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Miami has been able the keep it close against good teams, not today, a bloodbath against the Bills.
    I would say based on the last 3 weeks, right now Allen and the Bills are a better team than Mahomes and the Chiefs.
    Buffalo has the better defense which gives them the edge against the Chiefs really. Of course last year Baltimore was such a team that EVERYONE thought they were Super Bowl bound , as even their players bragged Super Bowl. Then came that playoff shocker where they were just stunned as they spoke too soon.

I wish KC's defense was better. They will need to draft and add pieces to the defense for a better pass rush. KC needs to get that aspect better to help Mahomes. Because Pat Mahomes can only do so much . (I said this last year and he literally put the team on his back as we saw)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

C'mon ATL, show some pride, got em where you want em.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I guess that being a healthy scratch for tonight’s season finale was the last straw for Wentz. It’s hard to believe how this situation went south so fast.
    Well its been heading this way awhile. Remember a report a year or 2 back where Wentz in struggles was picked apart due to reports he was "selfish , uncompromising etc". That was the 1st real sign of issues as the writer detailed sources inside the organization for it. (of course some players came to his defense but the problems were starting)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-him-selfish

Its been said about the Philadelphia Eagles , if your a starting QB for the team your not popular and the backup QB is more popular. That its been like that for years. In a video on ESPN+ from NFL Films in 2000's , Steve Sabol had an interview with Ron Jaworski. In it Jaws was seen being booed as Dick Vermiel stuck with him the whole way as the team had success. And even then at times Jaws was booed by fans.

Eagles fans turned on Donovan McNabb as well in 2000's. I fully expect them to turn on Hurts as well within time as well. They just don't like their starting QB's at times comically.

Aaron Rodgers has a perfect QB rating for the first half. Can we say MVP yet?