Page 99 of 126 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My problem with Pederson's move was the blatant lie about "wanting to win" with a quarterback who hadn't seen the field since 2018, meanwhile, he might've poisoned his standing in the locker room, even though he's safe for the 2021 season.
    Yeaaa, that's where I'm at. I guess, to Pederson's 'credit' he's not a real solid liar lol. This word might have came down from the top. Pederson just looks WORSE, than he already did imo. His play-calling this season has been more questionable than anything this season, he's botched up all the post*********** rhythm normally one would still have. Clearly if this did come from Laurie, wouldn't one who just won a Superbowl within the past 3 years have a little more hand in how you are dealing with the FO. If I'm Sudefield though, I'm in the house with the shades drawn for the rest of my career. Poisoning that locker room though, that's real ****. How you go back to those men and explain this away is gonna be his real trick. Especially since you're between QB's.

Then we have Joe Judge who chose the sanctimonious route when he just could have, should have, said less.

"To me, you don't ever want to disrespect those players and their effort and disrespect the game. The sacrifices that they made to come into work every day and test before coming in, to sit in meetings spaced out, to wear masks and have shields over those masks, to go through extensive protocols, to travel in unconventional ways, to get text messages at 6:30 in the morning telling them practice was going to be canceled....
    Yadda, yadda, yadda. Muhfka, YOU WON SIX GAMES! Fool, you drafted Lamar Jackson 2.0 AKA Daniel Jones. They don't owe you ****, FOH.
    Last edited by Surf; 01-05-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: My link got censored, eh, you're smart guys, you'll find it if you need to.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Then we have Joe Judge who chose the sanctimonious route when he just could have, should have, said less.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Muhfka, YOU WON SIX GAMES! Fool, you drafted Lamar Jackson 2.0 AKA Daniel Jones. They don't owe you ****, FOH.
    I disagree, Judge was honoring his players, who through this impossibly tough year, and with the absence of their best player, had a shot of the playoffs. To lose it because another coach tanked, insulted his own players, and then lied about it, not because the WTF won a hard earned victory, should be answered with anger.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So quick takes...

- With John Elway"s failures as GM for a number of seasons and unable to find a franchise QB , Elway announced he will just oversee team operations and the team will hire a GM now. The pressure was growing on Elway as he had struggled as GM.
    First thing the ownership group of trustees have done that I have agreed with over there. We'll see how it pans out. Elway is still there, the new GM could be just a puppet type of position put in place to assuage the fans concerns.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I disagree, Judge was honoring his players, who through this impossibly tough year, and with the absence of their best player, had a shot of the playoffs. To lose it because another coach tanked, insulted his own players, and then lied about it, not because the WTF won a hard earned victory, should be answered with anger.
    Maybe if the Giants won more than six games, Judge wouldn’t have had to depend on the whims of another coach on another team to make the playoffs, and he wouldn’t be pitching a hissy fit after things didn’t go his way.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeaaa, that's where I'm at. I guess, to Pederson's 'credit' he's not a real solid liar lol. This word might have came down from the top. Pederson just looks WORSE, than he already did imo. His play-calling this season has been more questionable than anything this season, he's botched up all the post*********** rhythm normally one would still have. Clearly if this did come from Laurie, wouldn't one who just won a Superbowl within the past 3 years have a little more hand in how you are dealing with the FO. If I'm Sudefield though, I'm in the house with the shades drawn for the rest of my career. Poisoning that locker room though, that's real ****. How you go back to those men and explain this away is gonna be his real trick. Especially since you're between QB's.

Its not just Judge who said this...Sal himself echoed that players and coaches had sacrificed this entire season to make 256 games happen. That Pederson rewarded those players (and some played hurt and were going all out to win til the end) by throwing the game. Joe Judge is right. Hate that they drafted Daniel Jones who they wanted to make their next Manning type player sure. But he is speaking for the players who played to win the game.

Herm Edwards said it best....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Maybe if the Giants won more than six games, Judge wouldn’t have had to depend on the whims of another coach on another team to make the playoffs, and he wouldn’t be pitching a hissy fit after things didn’t go his way.
    None of the NFC East deserved to be in the playoffs, you can say the same of the Cowboys or the WTF. But it came down to the final week, and the very least we should expect of a team is to play with integrity. And lets be real here, it wasn't just screwing the Giants (or it could have been the Cowboys) of a playoff berth, it was an insult to his own players and his future QB, who now should not trust his coach. And for what? 9 to 6. The whole NFL is disgusted by what your team did.

C'mon, that's A LOT of sanctimony and posturing and peacocking from an unproved head coach, on one of the worst teams in the league. Him scolding anyone who'll hear him about the 'sacrifices of the game' isn't the speech he'd have made had they won one more stinkin' game and been in the playoffs. The PLAYERS... I have most sympathy for, at the same time they know full well there are business decisions that are accepted and must be overlooked everyday because it doesn't involve them. If and when it does the recourse is the exact same, they take it. If Joe Judge really felt this way he'd leave the league over this travesty of justice immediately. Instead John Mara needs Joe, The Judge of all of us- to Make Quarterbacking Great Again by propping up Danny Jones.

It's been an impossibly tough year for everybody and many teams are without one or more than one of their best players. Not a NY Giant specific circumstance.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not just Judge who said this...
    It was Judge who said it.

“I’ll let Philadelphia speak for themselves on that,” Judge initially said.

Then, Judge delivered a speech that will reverberate into next season when the NFL hopefully schedules the Giants to play the Eagles in the season opener on Sunday Night Football.

Judge never mentioned Pederson or the Eagles by name in his one-minute, 39-second answer. He didn’t need to as he passionately expressed his opinion that the Eagles disrespected the game in tanking for a better draft choice.

“Obviously players have asked me throughout the day, and I just can’t express that the one thing to keep in mind with this season is we had a lot of people opt in to this season,” Judge said, via video from Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “We had a lot of people opt in. Coaches, players. That includes family members as well. All right? So to look at a group of grown men who I ask to give me effort on a day in, day out basis and to empty the tank, and then I can look them in the eye and assure them I’m going to do everything I can to put them in a competitive advantage and play them in a position of strength. To me, you don’t ever want to disrespect those players and their effort and disrespect the game. The sacrifices that they made to come into work every day and test before coming in, to sit in meetings spaced out, to wear a mask, to have shields over those masks, to go through our extensive protocols, to travel in unconventional ways, to get text messages at 6:30 in the morning telling them practice was going to be canceled; we have to do a virtual day. To tell them, please don’t have your family over for Thanksgiving. Please avoid Christmas gatherings. We know it’s our wife’s birthday, but let’s make sure we put that one off until the offseason. There’s a number of sacrifices that have been made by all the players and coaches in this league. There’s a number of sacrifices that come along, as well, with the family members and the people connected to them.

“To disrespect the effort that everyone put forward to make this season a success for the National Football League, to disrespect the game by going out there and not competing for 60 minutes and doing everything you can to help those players win, we will never do that as long as I’m the head coach of the New York Giants.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-giants-coach/
    You bet yer ass.

C'mon, that's A LOT of sanctimony and posturing and peacocking from an unproved head coach, on one of the worst teams in the league. Him scolding anyone who'll hear him about the 'sacrifices of the game' isn't the speech he'd have made had they won one more stinkin' game and been in the playoffs. The PLAYERS... I have most sympathy for, at the same time they know full well there are business decisions that are accepted and must be overlooked everyday because it doesn't involve them. If and when it does the recourse is the exact same, they take it. If Joe Judge really felt this way he'd leave the league over this travesty of justice immediately. Instead John Mara needs Joe, The Judge of all of us- to Make Quarterbacking Great Again by propping up Danny Jones.

It's been an impossibly tough year for everybody and many teams are without one or more than one of their best players. Not a NY Giant specific circumstance.
    That is just silly. (in bold)
    And if you are listening to Sports Radio or Sports TV, it is certainly not just Judge, it is damn near everyone. You want to give Peterson a pass on this, fine, but it was a crappy move by him and the Eagles management.

I live in NY and I like the Giants, but they are not my team (that would be Miami and GB) and I think any NFC East team would get killed in the first round. It just showed disrespect for his players and the game and then the dishonesty was another low.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-05-2021 at 12:22 PM.

That is just silly. (in bold)
    And if you are listening to Sports Radio or Sports TV, it is certainly not just Judge, it is damn near everyone. You want to give Peterson a pass on this, fine, but it was a crappy move by him and the Eagles management.
    Dawg, it's me in the bolded too, I'm not giving Pederson on pass on ****. I said back on Thanksgiving this guy is dead to me half a dozen embarrassments ago.

I just don't like Joe Judge performing in front of the camera like that. Dude worked for Belichick at one time, was it all integrity up there? I know for sure it wasn't. He's not any kind of standard of anything thing football, he's not even the voice of the NFC Least, even If he's trying to be. He didn't even mention Pederson by name, and if this is who and what's it's all about, then name them! Don't get up there telling all the fans of football how it works because the second worst team in a historically bad division, felt some kind of way about the next worst team.
    You bet yer ass.

It was Judge who said it.
    As Kirby mentioned its not just Joe Judge bringing up how players sacrificed and played. In that Patrick show clip Sal himself brought that up before he mentioned the league should look into this.

Had the Eagles just decided to let Hurts sit the final game before hand ala KC I don't think anyone would have said a word. But when your in game and your purposely trying to lose (not kicking a FG to score 3 points , yanking your QB after he gets you within that score etc) its like a road map of ...this is how bad a travesty is.

And all props to NY Jets . The coaching staff under Gase sucked sure but the guy never legit went out there to throw games. He had his team in a couple. The team could have won that Oakland game. They could have had a 3-13 or 4-12 record as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Dawg, it's me in the bolded too, I'm not giving Pederson on pass on ****. I said back on Thanksgiving this guy is dead to me half a dozen embarrassments ago.

I just don't like Joe Judge performing in front of the camera like that. Dude worked for Belichick at one time, was it all integrity up there? I know for sure it wasn't. He's not any kind of standard of anything thing football, he's not even the voice of the NFC Least, even If he's trying to be. He didn't even mention Pederson by name, and if this is who and what's it's all about, then name them! Don't get up there telling all the fans of football how it works because the second worst team in a historically bad division, felt some kind of way about the next worst team.
    Fair enough.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

None of the NFC East deserved to be in the playoffs, you can say the same of the Cowboys or the WTF. But it came down to the final week, and the very least we should expect of a team is to play with integrity. And lets be real here, it wasn't just screwing the Giants (or it could have been the Cowboys) of a playoff berth, it was an insult to his own players and his future QB, who now should not trust his coach. And for what? 9 to 6. The whole NFL is disgusted by what your team did.
    Oh, spare me the integrity blather. The Jets and Jacksonville actively **** on integrity with their tanking routine the whole damn season, not just one freaking quarter, Pittsburgh sent out the JV team on Sunday and lost to Cleveland which, in turn, knocked out Miami. You think the Dolphins aren’t angry at that? As I’ve already said, the only reason this is an issue at all was because it happened in prime time with everyone watching, if that had been a 1 p.m. game, few outside of NFC Least would’ve noticed or cared, because, like you said, no one from the division deserved to make the postseason. Regarding Pederson, he made his bed with that call (though some suspect said call came down from the front office who wanted to move up and he covered for them), he’ll have to deal with the fallout with the players, that’s his problem, he’s a grown ass man making the big coin to deal with that sort of thing. As for being disgusted by the league, big freaking deal, I could care less, if anything, that’s hypocritical bullshit from “the whole NFL” since numerous teams pulled that same maneuver at one time or another, just not as stupidly blatant like the Eagles had done. Now, if what happened Sunday spurs some sort of rule from the competition committee that prevents teams from late season tanking, I’m all for it, and more.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Oh, spare me the integrity blather. The Jets and Jacksonville actively **** on integrity with their tanking routine the whole damn season, not just one freaking quarter, Pittsburgh sent out the JV team on Sunday and lost to Cleveland which, in turn, knocked out Miami. You think the Dolphins aren’t angry at that? As I’ve already said, the only reason this is an issue at all was because it happened in prime time with everyone watching, if that had been a 1 p.m. game, few outside of NFC Least would’ve noticed or cared, because, like you said, no one from the division deserved to make the postseason. Regarding Pederson, he made his bed with that call (though some suspect said call came down from the front office who wanted to move up and he covered for them), he’ll have to deal with the fallout with the players, that’s his problem, he’s a grown ass man making the big coin to deal with that sort of thing. As for being disgusted by the league, big freaking deal, I could care less, if anything, that’s hypocritical bullshit from “the whole NFL” since numerous teams pulled that same maneuver at one time or another, just not as stupidly blatant like the Eagles had done. Now, if what happened Sunday spurs some sort of rule from the competition committee that prevents teams from late season tanking, I’m all for it, and more.

Look above KC , Pittsburgh had locked everything up. Everyone know they weren't gonna play starters. But the backups for both teams went out there intent on trying to win. The coaching staff didn't purposely sit and go , ****....man we can move up 3 spots in draft if we lose this game. Gotta start making **** calls and more to lose lol. Cleveland and LA Chargers knew days earlier all backups would start as did Miami. Its why the Dolphins aren't complaining. Teams with everything locked up usually rest their starters. (I didn't agree that Mahomes n company should rest whole game as I thought they needed a quarter before giving way...but that is on Reid)

The NY Jets fought hard in a number of games beyond the blow outs. Their record would have been 3-13 or 4-12 had they not blew it late in games. The Jaguars themselves in musical QB camp (Luton , Minshew and the other guy) still had Jaguars in several close games. In fact there was 4 games decided by 3 points in this season. So its not like the Jaguars were openly rolling over here or Marrone as bad a coach as he is was trying to lose games.

The situation here is Pederson ...IN GAME started trying to lose. The Eagles best not **** up this draft pick because whatever they decide with trading down or selecting the weight of this decision will always be heard. And like you mentioned...he's shattered his players trust big time. As this points out...

https://deadspin.com/one-thing-is-cl...-ph-1845994243

For the guys in the Eagles’ locker room, this is nothing short of betrayal. Multiple players attempted to confront Pederson on the sideline. according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer:

Some were angry. Two defensive players had to be held back from approaching Pederson. Center Jason Kelce and another offensive starter went to the coach to ask him why he had pulled the starting quarterback with the Eagles trailing by only three.

Hurts was distraught, as well. Even though he had been told Wednesday that there was a chance Sudfeld could play, he couldn’t understand why Pederson would make the switch, sources close to the situation said.

The NBC broadcast caught Hurts on the bench after he was replaced apparently saying, ‘That’s not right.’