Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier for Emma to just have her own book, being how she's so much bigger than the other members of the team and all?? You figure Emma could carry her own book and then we can get a real X-Men team book done correctly without all fawning over 2 c-level X-Men, and hopefully a better writer instead of a fanboy hack.
    I mean, it seems more like there should be a dedicate Quiet Council book because most of Kitty and Emma's plot relevance is about that. Though then you would still suffer the issue of Kitty's random acts of kissing strangers.. but at least Pyro could die and get rid of the God awful face tattoo and Bishop, Iceman, Storm, Christian and Shinobi could be used in better fashion elsewhere.

Mighty Member

Wouldn't it be easier for Emma to just have her own book, being how she's so much bigger than the other members of the team and all?? You figure Emma could carry her own book and then we can get a real X-Men team book done correctly without all fawning over 2 c-level X-Men, and hopefully a better writer instead of a fanboy hack.
    Nothing but facts. Remember when all the Emma fans were complaining about her treatment in the books, now they wanna act all high and mighty because she is getting the spotlight at the expense of others. And if some don't like it they can go read something else they say. They sure as hell wasn't saying this when Emma was being downplayed. Also looking forward to that Emma solo book, but I suppose she already has a duo lead book with Kitty right now.

Look out of all the X-books currently Marauders is my favorite, it's consistent has a clear plot, good pacing ect, but it is a team book Pyro, Bobby, and Bishop are main characters and it doesn't seem like any of them have gotten major development.

Bobby's messing with Christian has a couple good power spots yay for him, Pyro has a Tatoo that makes him look like a skinny Shao Khan great and he has sex dreams about Jean Grey, awesome love that for him, Bishop cool powerspot "Kill no Man don't mean ****" he's a badass finds body wears Red now k cool. Other than that none of them really have anything going on their just there.

Even in today's issue Bobby was distraught about Kate's death to the point they had him mutilate people, yet he didn't get a single line no follow up at all, yet Nightcrawler gets lines, Magik gets lines their not even in the cast.
    Last edited by Journey; 09-09-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Damn bruh u went there. My dude said C-Level

Read it. Annnnnnd. Glad to see Kitty back, the book is more interesting with her in it. Emma is always great. And it was nice to see Bishop somewhere. Also Storm as the Krakoan Orator is gold lol. WHO IS SHE!!!! I loved that.

Are they going to Kill Shaw next issue or are we gonna have to wait another twenty who knows lol

And finally as far as the 'kiss' goes. It's whatever at this point, Kitty is just another character in a growing list of characters that's getting the bi-curious treatment. And what I mean by that, is before this current issue I can not remember any issue where this character expressed any interest in the same sex. If I'm wrong please tell me what issue or where the hint was laced in that issue. I could be wrong but my mind is drawing a blank.

All in all it was an okay issue. I'm ready for them to Kill Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Read it. Annnnnnd. Glad to see Kitty back, the book is more interesting with her in it. Emma is always great. And it was nice to see Bishop somewhere. Also Storm as the Krakoan Orator is gold lol. WHO IS SHE!!!! I loved that.

Are they going to Kill Shaw next issue or are we gonna have to wait another twenty who knows lol

And finally as far as the 'kiss' goes. It's whatever at this point, Kitty is just another character in a growing list of characters that's getting the bi-curious treatment. And what I mean by that, is before this current issue I can not remember any issue where this character expressed any interest in the same sex. If I'm wrong please tell me what issue or where the hint was laced in that issue. I could be wrong but my mind is drawing a blank.

All in all it was an okay issue. I'm ready for them to Kill Shaw.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/why-th...-pryde-matters
    https://on-comics-ground.com/2019/02...f-kitty-pryde/

People have argued that Kitty is queer coded for a while now. It's a difficult subject because writers were literally forbidden from including this content back in the day, so the line between legit subtext and fan speculation is pretty murky.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Kate/Illyana/Rachel on task to be the next confirmed poly ship.

I’m just sad homegirl Karma not invited.
    THIS. So much this. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This book was better when Kitty was dead.
    I know this may incite some ire from some people but i have to agree.

Damn, that is one 3rd degree burn right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/why-th...-pryde-matters
    https://on-comics-ground.com/2019/02...f-kitty-pryde/

People have argued that Kitty is queer coded for a while now. It's a difficult subject because writers were literally forbidden from including this content back in the day, so the line between legit subtext and fan speculation is pretty murky.
    I have to ask, does this mean we can now expect this type of situation to be a thing whenever it shows up in a characters past now? Does it count as character development or just another way to garner attention before it gets washed away for something else? I mean will it matter when this chapter of the X-men end and a new status quo takes its place?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Damn bruh u went there. My dude said C-Level
    Lol, just saying my "G" I had high hopes even though I wasn't feeling the whole cast at first. So I read each successive issue and start to realize everything circulated around 2 characters really. I understand that there are role players in a team, but it was ridiculous to see that Kitty was the tough guy, the rogue, the lover, and the leader too???!! Like why even have her on a team when she's written up to be better than everyone else? This books is a waste of time due to pretending to be something it's not. Give Bishop, Pyro, Iceman, and Storm a writer that can respect their team dynamics and not pay fan lip service. No wonder these books were dead prior to Hickman. They are dead set on getting right back to fanfiction before he even leaves the X-Men books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have to ask, does this mean we can now expect this type of situation to be a thing whenever it shows up in a characters past now? Does it count as character development or just another way to garner attention before it gets washed away for something else? I mean will it matter when this chapter of the X-men end and a new status quo takes its place?
    Hard to say, but this status quo is far more fragile than previous ones. These are clones, Moira X dying finally erases their timeline, or the real mutants are locked up somewhere underneath krakao are all viable once Hickman runs needs, assuming Hickman himself won't deconstruct his own setting for the next writer so his toys are back in the box. And that's ignoring editorial mandates and other writers retconning things for their own runs. The popular things may stay, everything else is getting thrown out at the nearest opportunity.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

I mean.

Comics have walked back deaths, pregnancies, marriages, etc. - I'm not sure sexual preferences are ever going to be completely off the table.
    But has it happened yet? Have they done it recently?
    I would think they would face quite the backlash if they did.

But if you suspect this all might just be some cynical ploy to boost sales temporarily, then maybe don't buy it.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Bobby being gay is something that has survived the shift in status quos so far. It is all dependent on how much Duggan chooses to do with it. If he were to leave it at this single kiss, future writers could easily dismiss that as Kate feeling bold or curious. But if he were to have Kate openly acknowledge her bisexuality and maybe even start a relationship with a woman, then that would cement it as an aspect of her character that writers wouldn't be able to ignore, at least not without massive controversy. We just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Bobby being gay is something that has survived the shift in status quos so far. It is all dependent on how much Duggan chooses to do with it. If he were to leave it at this single kiss, future writers could easily dismiss that as Kate feeling bold or curious. But if he were to have Kate openly acknowledge her bisexuality and maybe even start a relationship with a woman, then that would cement it as an aspect of her character that writers wouldn't be able to ignore, at least not without massive controversy. We just have to wait and see.
    It survived but did teh character benefit from it? I can't speak for anyone but to me it felt like it didn't, if others think the opposite that's fine but to this day i can't say if it was the right move because i just couldn't get behind his solo books because they didn't really expand upon it. I don't if this maks sense but that is how i feel about that.

You see that, that right there worries me, because for me at least it makes me think that if they go through with this then they can't afford to put the genie back in the lamp or else they get racked over hot coals. Because the choice is gone now, there is none, whether we love it or hate it we are stuck with it. I mean it would be like they bring back OG Nick Fury who has been around for years before he got chained up on the moon instead of sticking with the Ultimate/MCU version even though we all know that OG Nick got supplanted for the latter and not the other way around if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-09-2020 at 10:53 PM.