Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While I've actually liked some of Kate's development in this book, I also wish it would take the time to actually explore other team members besides her and Emma. Hopefully once they address this Shaw mess the book can start to explore other issues.
    Yea I’ve never cared for Emma and Kitty’s left a bad taste in my mouth since X-Men Gold but I respect how Duggan has done an decent job of making them work for me. He clearly knows how to write but I think the only reason this is billed as a team book is because a book called “The Hellfire Adventures of Mama and Kate” would fail miserably. So he gets an amazing cover artist that brings in other A and B listers like Storm and Iceman but doesn’t really do much with them.

The Shaw plot has been meandering and at a certain point they’re gonna have to do more than tease his inevitable fall. The book is increasingly not shaping up to be what I thought it was being billed as, which fine, but without some changes soon I’ll probably end up dropping this within the next 5-7 issues.

This was my favorite book this week, I freakin' loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Posted this in the Kitty thread already but I am SO here for this. Imo Kitty's character had felt like a dead horse beaten one too many times, especially in recent years. I was genuinely disinterested almost every time she made an appearance which is sad because I loved what she brought to the team back in the day. This issue is the first time in a long time that she literally feels like a breath of fresh air and the modern stories that this "new phase" opens up for her are limitless. Shocked, but in the best way. Stoked to see where our Red Queen goes next. BEYOND stoked to see Shaw taste the heel of her boot. Let's GO.
    It really was a breath of fresh air. I was so pissed when she died ‘cause I was digging Captain Kate and her knuckle tats and I fully expected they would resurrect her and she’d be back in the black and yellow spandex with no tats and I’m so damn glad that didn’t happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great issue. Loved all the tension. Kitty/Rachel in just one panel, Illyana/Kitty, Storm being so happy she had to let out a boom of lightning when announcing kitty.
    It was electric, good time for some lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Kate/Illyana/Rachel on task to be the next confirmed poly ship.
    One can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder if certain fans will react similar to Iceman’s coming out.
    Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Never say never this is the same woman who left Piotr at the isle, she's already messy I could see them going there, it wouldn't be the first questionable pairing amongst the X-People
    Yep, wouldn't be the first by a loooong shot!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Now I want Rachel and Illyana to hook up and leaving Kitty heartbroken and jealous
    Oh no, what if the three of them are being set up as the new love triangle now that Logan, Scott, and Jean are poly

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Oh no, what if the three of them are being set up as the new love triangle now that Logan, Scott, and Jean are poly
    That's entirely possible and could make fro some very sexy character development.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

That's entirely possible and could make fro some very sexy character development.
    Which everyone knows is the best kind of character development.

Honestly, I was aggressively cleaning house with my subscriptions and this book was on the brink.
    But all this sexy talk (and the ensuing hate-o-rade) has completely renewed my interest!
    Plus, I have to stick around long enough to see Shaw get his.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier for Emma to just have her own book, being how she's so much bigger than the other members of the team and all?? You figure Emma could carry her own book and then we can get a real X-Men team book done correctly without all fawning over 2 c-level X-Men, and hopefully a better writer instead of a fanboy hack.
    Probably do as well as the last two Storm ongoings/mini. Keep in mind Worlds Apart did abysmally and the Storm ongoing by Pak was unfortunately the worst selling mini amongst Cyclops, Magneto and Nightcrawler when it came out.

Marauders doing surprisingly okay without the X-brand in its title

Everyone got their own developmental issue but Kitty got the most time.

Storm, Bishop, Shaw and Iceman all had their own single issies. Emma was absent from the team for the first few issues after making the team. Emma got used later on and had her own issue and now Kitty is back.

The Bishop plot is still ongoing as is Icemans lovelife plot with Kitty and Emmas revenge plan
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A very small part of me feels sorry for those who can't/are not enjoying this book...for whatever reason.
    The rest of me don't care...at all. Because...Marauders 12 is AWESOME!!!

...and the "queerness" of it is, for me, the least interesting part.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-10-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

RCO012_1599659903.jpg
    RCO013_1599659903.jpg

Pretty rude of Rachel to wander off without so much as a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    RCO012_1599659903.jpg
    RCO013_1599659903.jpg

Pretty rude of Rachel to wander off without so much as a hug.
    She wants to give her girl all the attention and is not in the mood to share.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She wants to give her girl all the attention and is not in the mood to share.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Honestly, I was aggressively cleaning house with my subscriptions and this book was on the brink.
    But all this sexy talk (and the ensuing hate-o-rade) has completely renewed my interest!
    Plus, I have to stick around long enough to see Shaw get his.
    I can't WAIT to see Shaw get what he deserves!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.

Astonishing Member

I'm loving the interaction between Emma and Kate and honestly with everybody on the team. Kate is a longtime X-Men member a veteran and I like how Duggan is respecting Kate's relationship with each of her friends/family.

The Kitty in Gold came off as a condescending know it all who was flawless and it didn't help that Guggenheim blatantly disrespected every member on the team who's name wasn't Kitty.

Not so with Duggan's Kate, she doubts herself, she's unsure of her place in this post Krakoa world, but despite all of that she still finds the strength to lead her team to success everytime.

People are really getting their hopes up! Hope they won’t be disappointed at the end. Kitty dating either Illyanna or Rachel is way too messy and yeah messy relationships have happened but nothing that messy. But oh if it does, serious drama among friends in the x universe. Kurt having Kitty steal the girl he loved and was going to propose to Rachel? And hooking up with Sister of the man she left at the altar?

that would be some soap opera drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    People are really getting their hopes up! Hope they won’t be disappointed at the end. Kitty dating either Illyanna or Rachel is way too messy and yeah messy relationships have happened but nothing that messy. But oh if it does, serious drama among friends in the x universe. Kurt having Kitty steal the girl he loved and was going to propose to Rachel? And hooking up with Sister of the man she left at the altar?

that would be some soap opera drama.
    Scott was smashing Emma for years despite the fact she was key in giving Jean a mental breakdown, and then sis died messier relationships have happened Lol

Rachel/Sublime is still the (iconically) problematic pairing to beat.