Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Not the same Illyana. That is the one rescued from Limbo, the one who died. Illyana was never that child.
    She herself told as much to Emma back in the New Mutants.
    Still, don’t tell me it’s not an issue. It def is and why we won’t ever see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You poor sweet, summer child. Don't use 4chan. Don't do that to yourself.

Also, Pyro and Mystique in the same room and still nothing. What's a fan got to do to get some Pyro spotlight?
    Try being a Bishop fan that has to sit around waiting for him to do some kind of hero ish while wading through all the gay hook up drama..???? Used to think this was about comics and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Still, don’t tell me it’s not an issue. It def is and why we won’t ever see it!
    I'm not a fan just because I think it's sooo messy to date your ex's sibling and she could easily be paired with Rachel or Karma.

I just read it and I'm soooo glad I didn't encounter any spoilers. On one hand, I'm disappointed it was so short, but Duggan was able to pack in so many sweet little moments that it makes up for it. And dear lord!! Kate is finally out of the closet! This is why Marauders continues to be my favorite book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm not a fan just because I think it's sooo messy to date your ex's sibling and she could easily be paired with Rachel or Karma.
    Lol since when have the X-men cared about having messy dating lives?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Try being a Bishop fan that has to sit around waiting for him to do some kind of hero ish while wading through all the gay hook up drama..???? Used to think this was about comics and stuff.
    We’re literally talking about a comic in here.

Fantastic Member

I'm really not feeling this book. It feels like again .... nothing really happened.

It's really made "Kate" unlikeable. It's just partying and bad looking tattoos.

And more just moments thrown in randomly to be sexual. That made no sense really.

Pyro and Bishop got a panel yay.... them and Iceman aren't even there most of the time.

Might as well rename the book Kate and Emma. Though I guess Storm is around sometimes.

This Shaw thing is just being drawn out and isn't even interesting now.

I think this book is actually the biggest disappointment in the X books. It could be so much more.

Came to see if something developed with the upcoming Shaw fight, it sort of did i guess but everything else was just Meh to me...and dear god that hair!!!

My biggest disappointment is Excalibur! But is that fair? Idk. It’s just Excalibur Vol 1 is like my fave series ever and that just pales in comparison.

Mighty Member

My concern is comics in general having what happened to Supergirl show happen to it. Where the show saw they had a growing lesbian fandom and decided to play into it. So the vocal part of the community became the lgbtq community. Unfortunately the storylines kept driving away viewers and at some point the majority of the viewers that are left watching Supergirl now are just supercorp shippers. Most of the male lead actors in the show grew frustrated and left the show as well as one actor was bullied for not confirming the lesbian ship.

I feel like representation is growing but I wonder if we are alienating so many people that comics as a medium is going to keep losing ground to manga, who is increasingly taking sales away from American comics. I know a lot of people like to claim people just don't want to buy physical copies of stuff but manga proves that's not true. It's just that manga has the storylines people are wanting. I hope I'm wrong but if we keep just changing every character on a whim and keep calling people who hate it "bigots" well we are going to be the most ritcheous fans without a medium

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    We’re literally talking about a comic in here.
    Correction the talk is about Kitty coming back and which female she's hooking up with! Alternatively we get Emma's narrative. Sorry but the imbalances are glaring, and guarantees the book won't last to much longer masquerading as an X-Men team when it's really a book for Kitty and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    My concern is comics in general having what happened to Supergirl show happen to it. Where the show saw they had a growing lesbian fandom and decided to play into it. So the vocal part of the community became the lgbtq community. Unfortunately the storylines kept driving away viewers and at some point the majority of the viewers that are left watching Supergirl now are just supercorp shippers. Most of the male lead actors in the show grew frustrated and left the show as well as one actor was bullied for not confirming the lesbian ship.

I feel like representation is growing but I wonder if we are alienating so many people that comics as a medium is going to keep losing ground to manga, who is increasingly taking sales away from American comics. I know a lot of people like to claim people just don't want to buy physical copies of stuff but manga proves that's not true. It's just that manga has the storylines people are wanting. I hope I'm wrong but if we keep just changing every character on a whim and keep calling people who hate it "bigots" well we are going to be the most ritcheous fans without a medium
    ... You realize there are LGBT characters in manga right? Heck there is an entire genre(s) catered to those demographics called shounen-ai/shoujo-ai/yaoi/yuri. Of course they are more niche, but they are there.

Anyway I doubt diversity or more queer representation is the reason manga sometimes sells better than comics rather than the obvious price point vs content, layout (volumes), tropes, and creative differences in its presentation (one author vs multiple).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Correction the talk is about Kitty coming back and which female she's hooking up with! Alternatively we get Emma's narrative. Sorry but the imbalances are glaring, and guarantees the book won't last to much longer masquerading as an X-Men team when it's really a book for Kitty and Emma.
    I somewhat agree with this statement, this whole book centers around Kitty, Emma and then Storm. Bobby, John and Bishop get cute little power spots here and there but for main cast have gotten very little development even when Kitty was dead they brought in other characters like Cuckoos, Magneto to steal page time.

I'm basically done with this series. Not interested in all the Kitty and Emma nonsense. The characters I came on board this title for are either a complete joke like Pyro and don't even get me started with how Bishop is being handled.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Are we also ignoring the fact that he tried to kill Kate knowing full well it might be PERMANENT death?
    Not to mention putting children in danger, working with power-dampening tech and the likes of Hate-Monger, and modified drugs meant to kill humans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!