Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

So are gonna have to wait until after X of Swords to see Shaw get his just deserts?

Spectacular Member

Though the issue didn't have a lot of action this week I truthfully wasn't expecting any so it didn't bother me. This was a continuation of Kate's surprise (to those on the Island) resurrection and we get to see her friends' reactions as they welcome her back. I was hoping for a little more from the confrontation with Shaw and maybe her using the party to bring a few more of her closest confidante into the plan but we shall see what she and Emma have planned soon. Currently I am curious what the original plan Emma and kate had for dealing with Shaw.

As for the focus being mainly on Kate and Emma there is nothing wrong with that. After all I always thought the book was going to focus on the Hellfire Trading Company and that company's three main executives are Emma, Kate and Sebastian. The only way to have the book stop focsing on Kate would be if she stops being quite so active on missions and leaves that task to her crew.

I'm just over this style of art. I only really read x-titles, but is this what a lot of comics look like now? Smiley, cutesy, cartoony... Am I crazy that comics didn't look like this before? Is it the inking or the coloring? Anyway, the biggest thing is that Lolli's characters don't have any individuality to them. Emma just looks like a random, regular blonde person.

This book was better when Kitty was dead.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This book was better when Kitty was dead.
    Sadly, i have to agree

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    ... You realize there are LGBT characters in manga right? Heck there is an entire genre(s) catered to those demographics called shounen-ai/shoujo-ai/yaoi/yuri. Of course they are more niche, but they are there.

Anyway I doubt diversity or more queer representation is the reason manga sometimes sells better than comics rather than the obvious price point vs content, layout (volumes), tropes, and creative differences in its presentation (one author vs multiple).
    You use a very good word “tropes” and lgbtq representation has become a trope. And not a very enjoyable one. You’re right though manga does it well manga is creative and innovative with their tropes and stories. Randomly having an established character kiss someone to enforce representation is so overdone it’s become a trope. I think if it works for people that’s fine. But like I said I do worry how comics continuously lose ground to manga

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I didn't expect her to be back so soon...but I'm glad. I can't wait to see how Kate exacts her revenge on tPoS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Though the issue didn't have a lot of action this week I truthfully wasn't expecting any so it didn't bother me. This was a continuation of Kate's surprise (to those on the Island) resurrection and we get to see her friends' reactions as they welcome her back. I was hoping for a little more from the confrontation with Shaw and maybe her using the party to bring a few more of her closest confidante into the plan but we shall see what she and Emma have planned soon. Currently I am curious what the original plan Emma and kate had for dealing with Shaw.

As for the focus being mainly on Kate and Emma there is nothing wrong with that. After all I always thought the book was going to focus on the Hellfire Trading Company and that company's three main executives are Emma, Kate and Sebastian. The only way to have the book stop focsing on Kate would be if she stops being quite so active on missions and leaves that task to her crew.
    Then what are suggesting is a faulty premise on the writers part. What kind of idiot insist on a TEAM book when you really only want to write 2 characters, conversely if as a writer you're tasked with writing a team book, then... you know. Write the team! That's the job you're paid to do. Through 11 issues there's been like one, kind of event Kate. She's kickass, and dies. Everyone sad, she comes back everybody happy. Honestly, Riverdale has more intriguing plotting and ideas. I agree with another poster when they pointed out that when Kitty was dead, we still couldn't get a good focus on the remaining team. That my friends is ludicrous.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post

Well the book should be retitled as "The Adventures of Kitty and Emma" because they are clearly the sole focus. Don't advertise the book as a team book and when there is no intention of writing it as such. Bobby, Bishop and most definitely Storm deserve better than to be treated as backup dancers to Kitty and Emma. Storm is a council member and Bishop is a captain but in this book they are relegated to essentially being the help. Bishop is staring in a remake of Driving Miss Daisy in his red getup, still can't get over that. This book is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well the book should be retitled as "The Adventures of Kitty and Emma" because they are clearly the sole focus. Don't advertise the book as a team book and when there is no intention of writing it as such. Bobby, Bishop and most definitely Storm deserve better than to be treated as backup dancers to Kitty and Emma. Storm is a council member and Bishop is a captain but in this book they are relegated to essentially being the help. Bishop is staring in a remake of Driving Miss Daisy in his red getup, still can't get over that. This book is a joke.
    Bishop is wearing the red in honor of Kate. She asked him to join, he said no, then she was killed and he found her corpse. That's when he started wearing the red. You can focus on him being honorable or you can call him the help, up to you.

And it's obvious from the first data page that he's working with Hank, likely keeping an eye on things for the lately-nutty furball. He's even named "Agent B" in the message and they're using a private server. So he's undercover in some capacity.

Speaking of data pages and messages, I thought Jumbo's message to Emma was really sweet.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

People upset because they feel like Marauders is mainly a "Kitty and Mama". Well you are correct because it is. Mama and Kate have more star power sans Storm than the rest of the members of Marauders. Us Emma fans waited for centuries to finally have a book where she is written by a writer who cares. I'm so sorry Pyro and Iceman aren't getting major character development but I buy Marauders to enjoy Mama. Kate is obviously the book's main character so obviously the main focus is going to be on her. I'm sure Bishop, Pyro, Iceman, and whoever will have an issue dedicated to them in the future. Otherwise please do read something else. Marvel has a ton of X-Books for you to enjoy that doesn't revolve around Kate and Mama
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    People upset because they feel like Marauders is mainly a "Kitty and Mama". Well you are correct because it is. Mama and Kate have more star power sans Storm than the rest of the members of Marauders. Us Emma fans waited for centuries to finally have a book where she is written by a writer who cares. I'm so sorry Pyro and Iceman aren't getting major character development but I buy Marauders to enjoy Mama. Kate is obviously the book's main character so obviously the main focus is going to be on her. I'm sure Bishop, Pyro, Iceman, and whoever will have an issue dedicated to them in the future. Otherwise please do read something else. Marvel has a ton of X-Books for you to enjoy that doesn't revolve around Kate and Mama

Im sure you would be here complaining about the same if the book were mainly focused on Kitty and Storm and "Mama" would just be there as a wallpaper. So don't act like it's not a valid complain just because your favorite character is getting the attention.

And it seems Hickman has a lot in store for Storm with her GS coming up, and Jordan/Tini/Duggan saying they're enjoying what's happening with Storm in X of Swords. I smell a reshuffling afoot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Wouldn't it be easier for Emma to just have her own book, being how she's so much bigger than the other members of the team and all?? You figure Emma could carry her own book and then we can get a real X-Men team book done correctly without all fawning over 2 c-level X-Men, and hopefully a better writer instead of a fanboy hack.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier for Emma to just have her own book, being how she's so much bigger than the other members of the team and all?? You figure Emma could carry her own book and then we can get a real X-Men team book done correctly without all fawning over 2 c-level X-Men, and hopefully a better writer instead of a fanboy hack.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!