Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Force #12 Spoiler/Review - DOOF! The Condescension of Hank McCoy

In Russia, Mikhail senses great power in a still alive Quentin. He knows Krakoa can resurrect him but he wants to keep his remains for himself. At the Xeno lab, the goons talk about sabotaging Xavier's pharmaceutical business. They plan to fight their enemy by cheating evolution. Mikhail busts their meeting and fights the bio-soldier that attacks him. He transmutes him into stone and uses the Cerebro Sword to shatter him.. He tells the leader that he needs to work with mutants against Krakoa

O Krakoa, Beast finds Sage and gives her a bio-pack from Healer to help with her injuries. She gets to analyzing and sees Mikhail's name burned on some wall. Later Beast approaches Omega Red on Krakoa with Black Tom and they subdue him in order to find out more about his connection to Mikhail

On the Savage Land, Pior is with some girl and Beast interrupts them wanting answers about the security breach and familial connections. Logan and Domino are there with him. The girl uses her aqua powers to blast Beast but Piotr surrenders. Beast shackles him and takes him through the gate as a prisoner. On the other side a ton of mutants are waiting

Data page: Beast's Logbook: The Traitor's Parade
    Their efforts to celebrate mutantkind and forgive past sins is commendable but blindly optimistic. Relevant fears are pollution, incursions and traitors. They've focused on guarding the gates but have locked themselves in. Beast has a controversial plan that might be condemmned. He will detain all mutants with Russian ties and make it a spectacle. He wants a parade. A little fear and paranoia will keep people safe. Some citizens might even come forward with valuable info on their neighbors

Logan is outraged and stabs Beast. He then rushes the crowd to disperse them. At Xeno, Mikhail gives over the sword which contains all the intellgience of Xavier. He has no idea how to access it but they'll find out. He then gives over Quentin's body and it seems they will do something with his genetics

Finally Jean is with Logan. She quit X-Force but this is a special occasion. XOS setup as they talk about the Cerebro Sword. Jean is the only one he can trust and he wants her to do a TP probe of Piotr and Omega Red

Data page
    Talks about Piotr's recent time on Savage Land. Beast interrupts as he smiled with condescension. He wanted to dredge up what Pitor had tried to forget and dig his claws into his still bruised mind. He wanted to take away his peace. Redacted text: Piotr changed to steel and charged forward and slammed Beast to the ground rag dolling his body. Beast cried out for him to stop but Colossus fist met his face with enough force to silence him. Blood soaked the ground and the flowers would soon suck the moisture greedily up, reddening their petals

Loved this issue. Was surprised bc I havent enjoyed the Piotr heavy ones nor the ones that this artist have drawn. I thought it was misleading to have Cecilia in the roster page when she doesnt appear. Should have been Jean. Speaking of which, glad to see she's still involved.

Oh and I dont think Percy thinks to fondly of Beast. He came across as an arrogant a-hole in the issue and those data pages made him look even worse. I was laughing as I read the one about Collossus murder of him. It seemed so random since thats not what happened but I love to see it
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2020 at 06:39 AM.

The way this title started as one of my favorites and now I dread to think about reading it.... oof. This Beast is eeeevil arc has been terribly heavy handed.

Mighty Member

This was a confusing issue. Who's that girl Kayla who was trying to protect Colossus?

Yo Colossus is starting to bug me. Also Beast is terrible. Used to be my favorite title but now its more of the same. Basically the villains adapt so quickly and get away with so much. They can somehow graft mutant parts and become empowered? Huh why havent they been doing this before Krakoa? They make Russian Doll Soilders that can come back to life in smaller and smaller bodies. I get that we need villains but these villains are just blah now.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-09-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The way this title started as one of my favorites and now I dread to think about reading it.... oof. This Beast is eeeevil arc has been terribly heavy handed.
    Yeah, I don't get why Percy thinks Beast's development in the last 10 years or so was a GOOD thing.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. Seriously.

Is Dark Beast subconsciously influencing Hank?

I know 616 Hank has made some....choices in the past. But could this be the case?

Astonishing Member

I have the feeling this whole path for Beast is not to later reveal him as Dark Beast, but just to show that Hank always had the potential to become like that when given enough free reign over too many resources and a goal involving the dominance of mutant kind.

Considering him being so concerned about keeping the "technological edge" on Krakoa's side in the face of geneticaly engineered soldiers of Xeno, it seems only a matter of time before he proposes the Chimera creation, in a final comparison to Dark Beast's own mutant experiments.

Once again Lady Mastermind and Frenzy make a notable backround appearances. Still have the suspicion they have a larger role to play down the line.

Shouldn't Hank also have all mutants who were members of Gene Nation arrested like that? Though considering his goal seems to force mutants into openly cutting their ties to past national identities, it makes sense he would exclude them (or it's because there is only one known survivor of Gene Nation left).

Glad i dropped this, this BRO book is awful.

Beast logic makes no sense. All those mutants showing up especially who showed up to judge peter makes no sense. wolverine chasing them away makes even less sense. The story has been going in circles. Once again wolverine's bipolar writing takes him from trusting and believing in things to only trust Jean again. This is like the Fast and furious version of x-men and it's just bad.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also did anyone else see Adam X in the background of the group shot? Kind of clashes with X-Factor.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm fully expecting Hank to be tossed into the bowels of Krakoa with Creed for these transgressions, only to be later freed when Mystique and Destiny release them creating a new Brotherhood. I wish I was joking but Hank has become near irredeemable for me with this issue.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I have the feeling this whole path for Beast is not to later reveal him as Dark Beast, but just to show that Hank always had the potential to become like that .
    But...we knew that already. Not only because they are the same person, but because Beast was already in a dark path in the last 10 years. Dawn of X moved some X-men from problematic characterizations of the last years- no more crazy Emma, no more Wolverine the schoolteacher hating Cyclops, etc. But ******* Beast still continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But...we knew that already. Not only because they are the same person, but because Beast was already in a dark path in the last 10 years. Dawn of X moved some X-men from problematic characterizations of the last years- no more crazy Emma, no more Wolverine the schoolteacher hating Cyclops, etc. But ******* Beast still continues.
    I actually feel like he's worse now. I like that at least more X-men are calling him out and turning on him. Jean a few issues ago and now Logan and unlike Scott, they arent demonized for disagreeing with him

I want so much to punch Hank McCoy.

By the way, I doubt Logan stabbed Hank. It looks like a punch, the other hand does not have the claws out.

Beast used to be one of my favourite characters.

From my start into the X-Universe with the animated series I loved the blue fuzzball so much.

But... he's been so, so, so destroyed in the past decade that I really don't know if the character can be redeemed and fixed at all.

This is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I want so much to punch Hank McCoy.

By the way, I doubt Logan stabbed Hank. It looks like a punch, the other hand does not have the claws out.
    I thought that was blood on the floor and it appears there are drops falling from him. I supposed that could just be the artist's way of drawing shadows but the drops made me think blood