Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But...we knew that already. Not only because they are the same person, but because Beast was already in a dark path in the last 10 years. Dawn of X moved some X-men from problematic characterizations of the last years- no more crazy Emma, no more Wolverine the schoolteacher hating Cyclops, etc. But ******* Beast still continues.
    Would it be too much to hope he is eventualy exiled AWAY from Krakoa and as reaction tries to find redemption and come to terms with his inner Dark Beast?

The Exiles title hasn't been claimed for Dawn of X yet, so there is potential for a book about mutants in such a situation forming a team.

Probably first issue that I didn't like.
    Don't know what is more ugly. To see all X-Men waiting there for Colossus or them running from Wolverine, lol.
    Just happy that Gambit and Rogue were not a part of that crap spectacle wallpaper panel.

Mighty Member

Could this be the army of mutant clones who would be invading Krakoa and setting up the X of Swords storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably first issue that I didn't like.
    Don't know what is more ugly. To see all X-Men waiting there for Colossus or them running from Wolverine, lol.
    Just happy that Gambit and Rogue were not a part of that crap spectacle wallpaper panel.
    Yeah, this issue fell pretty flat for me as well. About the only thing I liked about it was Beast’s continued descent into becoming Dark Beast. I think I’d like for that transformation to become complete, have him murder his AoA counterpart, and become the Dark Beast himself in the 616 Marvel U. At this point he really would work better as a major X-men villain honestly.

Also, bonus for the artist drawing Cable looking like a man instead of a skinny kid. That was probably my favorite part of the issue honestly.

Illyana already eradicted Dark Beast from the 616 during Rosencanny iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, this issue fell pretty flat for me as well. About the only thing I liked about it was Beast’s continued descent into becoming Dark Beast. I think I’d like for that transformation to become complete, have him murder his AoA counterpart, and become the Dark Beast himself in the 616 Marvel U. At this point he really would work better as a major X-men villain honestly.

Also, bonus for the artist drawing Cable looking like a man instead of a skinny kid. That was probably my favorite part of the issue honestly.
    Probably but I would like to see Beast more as Mordin Solus from Mass Effect.
    Best Beast is a likable guy but I don`t see it happening anytime soon.

This has turned into a bizarre anti-intellectual screed where Book-Smart Hank is an inhuman monster and only notorious mass-killer Wolverine has any morality.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Beast used to be one of my favourite characters.

From my start into the X-Universe with the animated series I loved the blue fuzzball so much.

But... he's been so, so, so destroyed in the past decade that I really don't know if the character can be redeemed and fixed at all.

This is awful.
    Any character can be redeemed, see Bishop for reference. Beast just needs to die so he can come back with a new attitude and outlook on life. Maybe show some remorse.

This issue wasn’t my favorite. I need to re-read. I just skimmed over it since it is a busy day at work. I’m glad we had movement with the Xeno plot. X-force’s role in x of swords is about the cerebro sword I guess. Who will ultimately wield it?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Illyana already eradicted Dark Beast from the 616 during Rosencanny iirc
    Maybe she needs to do the same to this Beast when he approaches her with his racist attack on all Russian mutants

All-New Member

It seems that the series is stuck a bit. However, I don't think it is only X-Force, most of the X series in the last issues advance the plot very little or they give it many turns to reach something concrete, I think it is a collateral effect derived from the fact of trying to tie with X of Swords. Even so I enjoy it, the best thing for me is the end, since it promises the participation of Jean who has lately been missing and reduced to cameos in most of the X series.

Hank McCoy already had a trial in which all the X-Men told him "we are sick of your bullshit and blaming Scott for everything bad you do."

And then that didn't go anywhere because Beast joined the Inhumans. He isn't Dark Beast. He is just Hank "616" McCoy.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm disappointed over that weird mob of mutants. Especially considering some of the characters involved, and the fact that Wolverine scared them away. I like Wolverine, but I hope Percy doesn't delve into making Logan the only/most noble X-man. I can't say I'm fond of that type of route.

Also, Beast is really at a new low. Oof...

Overall, can't say I was fond of this issue.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm disappointed over that weird mob of mutants. Especially considering some of the characters involved, and the fact that Wolverine scared them away. I like Wolverine, but I hope Percy doesn't delve into making Logan the only/most noble X-man. I can't say I'm fond of that type of route.

I think it's just dumb that half Krakoa knew what that was about except Logan.

Don't worry, Piotr, your Snowflake will avenge you

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

Yeah, I can so see Ororo running away from him... nope.