Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    It absolutely should.

Seems very careless to include characters like Kurt & Storm who would definitely NOT be OK parading Colossus, who they consider family, around in cuffs.

Artist should have been instructed to leave certain characters out.
    I completely agree with this, I'd take it a step further and say that seeing Storm, Banshee and Nightcrawler right there, next to each other means that the artist was instructed to include them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I don't get why every X-Men (except Domino) is treating Colossus as trash
    To my mind it's coz of his pacifist nature, he doesn't seem a good fit on Krakoa

Still loving this title. Hank is being an ass and handling his job poorly but I suspect there will be a reason why. Wolverine chasing off the group was my favorite part of the issue. I literally lol’d.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

I don't get what Wolverine chasing people away is supposed to mean..If there is no witness to his trial ,is this supposed to make Krakoans feel better,safer? Weird choice by both Wolverine in story and editors to go this route

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I completely agree with this, I'd take it a step further and say that seeing Storm, Banshee and Nightcrawler right there, next to each other means that the artist was instructed to include them.
    Even if that were true, we don't know what their motives are for being there.

Maybe they want to keep an eye on Beast.

Perhaps they want to show Colossus a friendly face among so many people who distrust him. Any interpretation is just as valid.

We just don't know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Even if that were true, we don't know what their motives are for being there.

Maybe they want to keep an eye on Beast.

Perhaps they want to show Colossus a friendly face among so many people who distrust him. Any interpretation is just as valid.

We just don't know.
    I also agree with you there, I was just commenting about the motivation of the artist. It's about Colossus, Wolverine does his thing and Banshee Nightcrawler and Storm are all there, I'm just saying they're not included randomly. They were definitely meant to be there, we just don't know why.

But they definitely wouldn't have run away from Wolverine though, that seems silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I also agree with you there, I was just commenting about the motivation of the artist. It's about Colossus, Wolverine does his thing and Banshee Nightcrawler and Storm are all there, I'm just saying they're not included randomly. They were definitely meant to be there, we just don't know why.

But they definitely wouldn't have run away from Wolverine though, that seems silly.
    We agree on that. Percy sometimes writes some "humorous" moments with Logan like this and him pissing on Magneto's helmet that don't seem to fit the tone of the rest of his comics.

It's not Gallows humor, it's ... I don't know what to call it. But one moment you have this serious panel and the next "haha, Wolverine is scary".

Incredible Member

I actually really liked the helmet thing. It made me laugh. I really didn't like Storm, Banshee or especially Nightcrawler running away from Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also did anyone else see Adam X in the background of the group shot? Kind of clashes with X-Factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Is that mimic and Adam x????
    Probably not...

It’s Fred Durst. He was a mutant all along.

somehow I'm having trouble picturing Storm running away in terror as wolverine goes berserker on the "welcome" mob
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    somehow I'm having trouble picturing Storm running away in terror as wolverine goes berserker on the "welcome" mob
    Kurt and Toad posing on rocks doing jazz hands too. What was any of that all about?

I don't know why Storm, Kurt and everybody else were willing to go along with Hank's terrible idea. Unless he didn't tell them the reason why they were gathering together.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Just read the issue... man **** Hank. I actually started to kind of like him again. He was deeply flawed and clearly overdue for a fall but he was at least written well. This... its consistent with who he's been for the last decade plus but, too much. He doesn't deserve respect or friends after this ****.

That said the book was excellent, much better than last week although I agree about questioning some in attendance.

Wow, I didn't think I'd see Hank pull a move that would make me reel as bad as his against against Terra Verde. Just his ideas alone are repulsive, but doing this with Piotr? Someone he's known for ages? Hank has taken the "protect Krakoa" nonsense and run with it to a really ugly extent. Yeah, a paranoid state where mutants mistrust other mutants based on national origin is probably more likely to have folks snitch on traitors. However, it'd also be a horrible place to live with national origin being an okay vector for discrimination. We're going to see how much of this sticks.

At the very least Hank should be removed from XForce, he loves the whole "ends justifies the means" thing a bit too much.