Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Hanks ways been a piece of shit I don't understand why people are surprised.

Spectacular Member

When did Beast get so much power that he can just decide to round up any mutant on Krakoa and hold them for questioning without a trail. Shouldn't such a drastic measure be taken before the Council. Especially when he has no proof that either of them has done anything wrong.

Felt like there was a few pages missing where it was revealed that there was a spy that had aided Mikhail. After all it wasn't just Beast that was out of character; both Domino and Wolverine were there fpr the arrest and neither seemed to be there for Colossus support.

Would have loved to see him try the same thing on Ilyana though she would have thrown him in Limbo so maybe he still has a few brain cells left.

Curious is Beast using the same plant, that Shaw used to kill Kate, to apprehend his "prisoners"

Didn't much care for this issue. Not sure why but the Bazaldua drawn issues have all been the worst of this run so far. Can't wait for Cassara to return and bring out Percy's A-Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Didn't much care for this issue. Not sure why but the Bazaldua drawn issues have all been the worst of this run so far. Can't wait for Cassara to return and bring out Percy's A-Game.
    Because they've focused on Colossus and he's easily the weakest written character in this book

Did anyone feel that Logan and Domino's outrage was somewhat misplaced? Beast's idea was horrendous, but it feels sort of small-scale compared to what he's already done. Like, alright Hank, genocide of an entire country is one thing, but you tried to humiliate and invade our friend's privacy? Now you've gone too far!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Did anyone feel that Logan and Domino's outrage was somewhat misplaced? Beast's idea was horrendous, but it feels sort of small-scale compared to what he's already done. Like, alright Hank, genocide of an entire country is one thing, but you tried to humiliate and invade our friend's privacy? Now you've gone too far!
    It was a country of humans that came dangerously close to making drugs that would compete with Krakoa's. He was just protecting Krakoa, you see. Now this? Discrimination based on national origin to create an atmosphere of paranoia and fear on Krakoa? That is disgusting, mutants shouldn't be discriminated against.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk
    When did Beast get so much power that he can just decide to round up any mutant on Krakoa and hold them for questioning without a trail. Shouldn't such a drastic measure be taken before the Council. Especially when he has no proof that either of them has done anything wrong.
    Remember, the members of X-Force are above and immune to any Krakoan law. Hank is technically working to better Krakoa here with this ploy to flush out traitors to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

So Jean quits out of disgust.
    Beast has gone off the deep end, done horrible things and might potentialy go into "exile" soon.
    Domino has been traumatized and will likely be quite displeased if she ever found out her memories were altered when she died.
    Collosus has been traumaized, presented as a traitor to a mass and might or might not be a sleeper agent without knowing.
    Quentin Quire has been killed at least 5 times now, which he clearly is not taking well and now might end up in horrible experiments before getting killed again.
    Black Tom Cassidy has not done much, but seems to lose himself in Krakoa.
    Finaly Wolverine himself might not like being on the team much longer either and seems to more stick around out of obligation.

Perhaps they should setup a new X-force after Ten of Swords. Wasn't Frenzy said to get a book after Ten of Swords. Maybe she could take Collosus spot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post

Felt like there was a few pages missing where it was revealed that there was a spy that had aided Mikhail. After all it wasn't just Beast that was out of character; both Domino and Wolverine were there fpr the arrest and neither seemed to be there for Colossus support.

Would have loved to see him try the same thing on Ilyana though she would have thrown him in Limbo so maybe he still has a few brain cells left.

Curious is Beast using the same plant, that Shaw used to kill Kate, to apprehend his "prisoners"
    When someone made him the leader of Krakoa's CIA.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

this book started so good but now it is so uninteresting. Poor Sage having to be in this book - I wish they would put her in Marauders so she can interact with Ororo, Emma & Sebastian.

The scene where everyone runs is just so ....lame

I am dropping this book.

#freeSage

What's with that crowd? For starters, was EVERYONE on board with this nasty walk of shame plan? Were only Domino and Logan out of the loop? And many of them were definitely stronger than Logan, so they shouldn't have just bolted

Xeno feels both like a non-issue and an unstoppable force, somehow. They've trounced the mutants so far, but mostly because of the incompetence of Krakoa. Mikhail was easily able to find them and kill one of their soldiers. And does any member of Xeno even have a name? We have butterfly guy who's done almost nothing.

And treating genetic engineering as a sneering evil from them when the most evil geneticist on the planet is living on Krakoa and working for them. We know chimeras are coming, if they aren't working on it already, so it feels kind of silly.

I keep going back to that last page and those crossed out paragraphs. Was a memory altered? Erased? I can't help but link it to the scene with all the mutants present for Piotr's walk. It was bizarre. I feel like I was having a fever dream, I'm serious.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I keep going back to that last page and those crossed out paragraphs. Was a memory altered? Erased? I can't help but link it to the scene with all the mutants present for Piotr's walk. It was bizarre. I feel like I was having a fever dream, I'm serious.
    Well maybe we should ask ourselves who creates those date pages and who is reading them in universe?

It could be Moira via the memories implanted in her at the end of the 9th life. Or it could be someone who is outside the loop of Moira's claimed rebirths and observing them while making these notes.

The crossed out text could actualy be that there was an allready made recording of these events, which were changed. That in a previous incarnation of these events Collosus did attack Beast. While here he did not.
    But that would contradict everything in the current timeline being a new path of events unlike that of Moira previous 9 lives.

Actualy i recently wondered why Hox/Pox had two timeline designations. The x0-3 and the 9 lives of Moira MacTaggert.

Of course it could easily be written off as being meant to distract the reader, for the big reveal of where the 9th and 6th life (x2 and 3 respectively) are placed chronogically.
    But what if the x designation implies a different timeline than Moira's claimed 9 previous lives?

What if x0 to x3 is still the current timeline and the path mutants are heading towards on at the moment, even if they cross over with what happend in Moira's 6th and 9th life?

It would explain how poor Cylobel could appear as husk in that tube in x3, which was Moira's 6th life, even though that should only happen as result of the events in x2, which was said to be Moira 9th life. Same reason the Librian has the current Cerebro at his disposale even though it is the direct result of Moira showing Xavier those 9 previous lifes and changing his mind towards creating Krakoa.

The cerebro is notworthy because Moira in her 6th life would have never seen it from her prison. Therefor they can't have been seen by Xavier in her memory and inspired him to the design of his new cerebro.

So again perhaps the lines being crossed out are the result of a timeline change.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-09-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well maybe we should ask ourselves who creates those date pages and who is reading them in universe?

It could be Moira via the memories implanted in her at the end of the 9th life. Or it could be someone who is outside the loop of Moira's claimed rebirths and observing them while making these notes.

The crossed out text could actualy be that there was an allready made recording of these events, which were changed. That in a previous incarnation of these events Collosus did attack Beast. While here he did not.
    But that would contradict everything in the current timeline being a new path of events unlike that of Moira previous 9 lifes.

Actualy i recently wondered why Hox/Pox had two timeline designations. The x0-3 and the 9 Lifes of Moira MacTaggert.

Of course it could easily be written off as being meant to distract the reader, for the big reveal of where Life 9 and 6 (x2 and 3 respectively) are placed chronogically. But what if the x designation implies a different timeline than Moira's claimed 9 previous lives?

What if X0 to x3 is still the current timeline and the path Mutants are on at the moment, even if they cross over with what happend in Moira's 6th and 9th Life?

It would explain how poor Cylobel could appear as husk in that tube in x3 which was Moira's 6th life, even though that should only happen as result of the events in x2, which was said to be Moira 9th life. Same reason the Librian has the current Cerebro at his disposale even though it is the direct result of Moira showing Xavier those 9 previous lifes.

So again perhaps the lines being crossed out are the result of a timeline change.
    There's definitely something odd about the crossed out lines and I like your suggestion that perhaps it's from a prior memory that unfolded in this timeline differently. The notes end in Russian so I don't think it's Moira but who knows. There's some sort of re-writing happening there and again, the whole scene felt dream-like to me or a fuzzy memory situation.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

you know i've really tried to think about this issue and i still don't get this series. like is there some unseen meta where it is saying once the mutants get something nice they will round up all the good blue eyed russian mutants because they have loyalty to their original country over krakoa. Peter's history doesn't even mesh up with the accusation. I just feel like i'm missing something here. Or maybe Naruto just has me looking to beneath the beneath. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    you know i've really tried to think about this issue and i still don't get this series. like is there some unseen meta where it is saying once the mutants get something nice they will round up all the good blue eyed russian mutants because they have loyalty to their original country over krakoa. Peter's history doesn't even mesh up with the accusation. I just feel like i'm missing something here. Or maybe Naruto just has me looking to beneath the beneath. lol
    X-Force is dealing with issues going on in Krakoa and acknowledging things are very wrong. Jingoism and basing loyalty on genes are things which lead to uncomfortable places. Beast's just saying the quiet part out loud. The Crucible, The Quiet Council being a military junta, the lax security around the super-villains all lead here. They've been ruining the "nice" island concept from the inception, Krakoa is not a utopia by any stretch.

Edit: It's interesting how the reactions are the complex opposite when Krakoan do bad things, Beast is getting put down when someone like Apocalypse doing the same would get an ovation.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-09-2020 at 06:52 PM.