Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

I like that X-Force gets to deal with the ugly side of paradise. My one complaint is that all of the bad decisions come from Beast, which makes him seem comically evil and makes Krakoa seem incompetent for giving him so much free range and not reprimanding him. I wish there were other morally grey mutants involved in implementing these shady CIA tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Edit: It's interesting how the reactions are the complex opposite when Krakoan do bad things, Beast is getting put down when someone like Apocalypse doing the same would get an ovation.
    It's debatable, but Apocalypse hasn't done anything that bad yet. Even his questionable choices, like the Crucible, ultimately serve to strengthen Krakoa, while Beast's decisions threaten to tear it apart.

Amazing Member

I understand the anger here... oddly I felt like Beast was more in character here than ever before. Y’all. He has not been a good guy in a LONG time.

That splash page reminded me of how many mutants are there who haven’t had their stories told. Bedlam, Frenzy, Lady Mastermind, the list goes on. Would love to see an issue where not a single X-Man appears and we just see what its like being a citizen on Krakoa, with full access to the portals and the resources of the island. Whats Tempo up to when shes not aging wine? What do Blob and Anole do when they clock out of the bar? Is Gorgeous George still a Nasty Boy or did he cut them out of his life to be in the front of the wallpaper scenes?

Im dont think i enjoyed this issue very much...
    Why are they treating Piotr like that?? I mean... handcuffs?? Really? Who are these people??

And i lol at all the x-men running away from Logan... that was bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I like that X-Force gets to deal with the ugly side of paradise. My one complaint is that all of the bad decisions come from Beast, which makes him seem comically evil and makes Krakoa seem incompetent for giving him so much free range and not reprimanding him. I wish there were other morally grey mutants involved in implementing these shady CIA tactics.
    It's Krakoa CIA, we were always heading in this direction. Beast just happened to be the one who made the decisions. Krakoa gives lots of "free reign" to people they shouldn't, but they do it anyway.

It's debatable, but Apocalypse hasn't done anything that bad yet. Even his questionable choices, like the Crucible, ultimately serve to strengthen Krakoa, while Beast's decisions threaten to tear it apart.
    Sure he has, it's what he does. Apocalypse may be more polite but he's still the monster who wanted to genocide humanity during Decimation. Apocalypse wants you to think he's strengthening Krakoa when really what he's doing is strengthening himself, if he was really invested in doing that he wouldn't make cultish rituals where he decides who lives and who dies because of his god complex. They're both doing what they think is right for their own agendas, it's what makes them great villains but horrible people. Beast's just not as subtle as Apocalypse about creating a power base.

Sure he has, it's what he does. Apocalypse may be more polite but he's still the monster who wanted to genocide humanity during Decimation. Apocalypse wants you to think he's strengthening Krakoa when really what he's doing is strengthening himself, if he was really invested in doing that he wouldn't make cultish rituals where he decides who lives and who dies because of his god complex. They're both doing what they think is right for their own agendas, it's what makes them great villains but horrible people. Beast's just not as subtle as Apocalypse about creating a power base.
    He's also the kind of monster who just allowed many of the humans involved in an attempt on his life walk away from that attempt without so much as a scratch.

It's Krakoa CIA, we were always heading in this direction. Beast just happened to be the one who made the decisions. Krakoa gives lots of "free reign" to people they shouldn't, but they do it anyway.

I am just letting you know you are entitled to wrong interpretation of what Apocalypse is doing on Krakoa. Apocalypse is true believer his actions aren't sinister. Krakoa eventually means mutants positioned as the dominant species and that lines up with Apocalypse generally thinking. Once Krakoa is around advance mutants as the eventually successors of this planet Apocalypse is happy.

Apocalypse being Apocalypse will take things to far like with Otherworld but everything he is doing for Krakoa. He doesn't have an agenda as long Krakoa is progressing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am just letting you know you are entitled to wrong interpretation of what Apocalypse is doing on Krakoa. Apocalypse is true believer his actions aren't sinister. Krakoa eventually means mutants positioned as the dominant species and that lines up with Apocalypse generally thinking. Once Krakoa is around advance mutants as the eventually successors of this planet Apocalypse is happy.

Apocalypse being Apocalypse will take things to far like with Otherworld but everything he is doing for Krakoa. He doesn't have an agenda as long Krakoa is progressing forward.
    There is also what would appear to be a personal emotional investment in what is happening on Krakoa.

BANNED

Issue wasn't so good and I'm still bored with the super-slanted "Beast sucks" stories.

I just hope that they dont backtrack and everything is forgotten and Hank is friend again.

If beast is going to be villain, go for it, but please dont waste everyone teasing something that is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Probably not...
    He is mentioned in x-factor. I don’t think it’s a Coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    He is mentioned in x-factor. I don’t think it’s a Coincidence
    A coincidence for folks who are looking for a character who isn't actually there maybe?

Minor X-Factor Spoilers! -

spoilers:
    Adam has pretty obviously been somewhere that would rule out him being in the panel in question.
    end of spoilers

Beast isn't a villain, Some of you just aren't use to your superheroes being written Grey(pun intended). Beast is approaching stuff more practical/clinical than personal now. He hasn't been fun loving Beast in a long time, The only thing wrong with current Beast in my opinion is that they don't showing him winning enough, I don't know why but they love to give him morality tales where he is loses or you see ethical downside of his decision. For his type of character to be superhero you need to give him wins that you understand that he is trying to the right thing.

All-New Member

This characterization of Hank is awful and I'm surprised no one has tried to stop him yet. Dawn of X has done a great job rehabilitating Cyclops, making him a likeable leader again. But Beast is going in the opposite direction. He's arrogant to the point of not seeing his dumb mistakes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't get what Wolverine chasing people away is supposed to mean..If there is no witness to his trial ,is this supposed to make Krakoans feel better,safer? Weird choice by both Wolverine in story and editors to go this route
    It wasn't meant to be a public trial, because Peter hasn't broken any laws. Hank was making a public spectacle of him to dissuade any other Krakoans from betraying their fellow mutants.

I'm choosing to believe that the dumb silent judgy crowd of mutants than ran like idiot nitwits when Wolverine growled at them were just half-baked clones that accidentally got loose from the nursery.

They even looked malformed. The Nightcrawler-thing was a tiny hobbit.