Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So, not that Krakoa isn’t a natural direction, but are there any mutants who’ve decided to stick with their home nations willingly and aren’t working hand in glove with hate groups?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If Beast wants to target Russian mutants, why doesn't he try this crap with Magik?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am just letting you know you are entitled to wrong interpretation of what Apocalypse is doing on Krakoa. Apocalypse is true believer his actions aren't sinister. Krakoa eventually means mutants positioned as the dominant species and that lines up with Apocalypse generally thinking. Once Krakoa is around advance mutants as the eventually successors of this planet Apocalypse is happy.

Apocalypse being Apocalypse will take things to far like with Otherworld but everything he is doing for Krakoa. He doesn't have an agenda as long Krakoa is progressing forward.
    Say this is true, the second he thinks Krakao ins't living up to his standards, and he thinks Krakao is defined by his ideology not the X-men's, he's going to burn it to the ground if they get between him and what he wants. The only real thing Apocalypse believes in is himself. It's why he's allowed to do his cultish activities and abusive to his "staff" in Excalibur because the government is ok with it, once it's not and he thinks he's going to be the next sabre tooth because he's a theatrical super-villain, he's the one who inspired Sinister to be who is he is today!, all bets are off. Apocalypse always has an agenda, he's been very open about this in Excalibur. He's a leader, not a follower and has big plans - what he's working on right now has been sitting on his shelf for millennia.

Fantastic Member

Beast isn't a villain, Some of you just aren't use to your superheroes being written Grey(pun intended). Beast is approaching stuff more practical/clinical than personal now. He hasn't been fun loving Beast in a long time, The only thing wrong with current Beast in my opinion is that they don't showing him winning enough, I don't know why but they love to give him morality tales where he is loses or you see ethical downside of his decision. For his type of character to be superhero you need to give him wins that you understand that he is trying to the right thing.
    Because by the logic of comic books, only the protagonist of story wins. Even though Beast usually plays big parts in various teams, he is mostly used as a foil to serve the leading characters. So of course he won't win. He is destinied to fail at the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So, not that Krakoa isn’t a natural direction, but are there any mutants who’ve decided to stick with their home nations willingly and aren’t working hand in glove with hate groups?
    Namor, but he is king of his own nation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm disappointed over that weird mob of mutants. Especially considering some of the characters involved, and the fact that Wolverine scared them away. I like Wolverine, but I hope Percy doesn't delve into making Logan the only/most noble X-man. I can't say I'm fond of that type of route.

Also, Beast is really at a new low. Oof...

Overall, can't say I was fond of this issue.
    This has always been just another subpar wolverine book in disguise.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    This characterization of Hank is awful and I'm surprised no one has tried to stop him yet. Dawn of X has done a great job rehabilitating Cyclops, making him a likeable leader again. But Beast is going in the opposite direction. He's arrogant to the point of not seeing his dumb mistakes.
    The cases of Scott and Beast are very different. Scott hasn't repented (he never needed it), he's just finally written by a writer who respects the character and doesn't try to demonize him for no reason. Beast has been an asshole since the 2000s and his worst crimes like the time-space upheaval or most of his actions while in the Illuminati have never been highlighted, neither by the characters nor by Marvel Comics. Even Scott who had been treated like crap by the one who had once been his best friend immediately put Hank under his protection when he was prosecuted for his actions as a member of the Illuminati

Nonetheless, I do agree that it is high time that Marvel allowed Beast to admit its wrongs and repent

Beast will be Krakoa's major villain. And I am up for that.

Amazing Member

Another mehish issue. The ship needs to sail on 1970's/80's proletariat Colossus (all I wanna do is farm and have soil underneath my finger nails - the collective called, it wants its farm back) and Emolossus (the world is cruel, I want to mope - reminder to cut vertically, Petey). And what is up with the Zsaji-like (Secret Wars) weirdo trying to get into his pants?! And the handcuffs...?? Seriously...!? Yeah, Beast has been written as dick many a time, but it felt forced. And I sure as shit would have preferred the non-used Percy version of Colossus killing Beast and going back to picking flowers. Kinda like when he went off on Ord (Whedon's Astonishing run) with Wolverine telling Colossus to Mortal Kombat-like: finish him.

On a scale of Bah's! This issue gets 18 of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    It wasn't meant to be a public trial, because Peter hasn't broken any laws. Hank was making a public spectacle of him to dissuade any other Krakoans from betraying their fellow mutants.
    Well I approach it as a trial or at least interrogation where maybe it could be revealed that Colossus killed the 4th assassin, however from his depiction so far it may not even be Colossus.I mean I thought it could be Shaw he is knee deep in Verendi but he's already unmasked and is about to go down for Kitty's murder so the focus is back on Collosus.I am almost 90% certain it's Piotr(sure maybe mind controlled) I can't think of anyone else. So maybe I'm being pre judgemental but again the way they came down on Piotr means their own investigations zeroed in on him.So even if it was a public hearing to bring out the truth, they were not wrong to do it in front of the rest.Even if they found out in the midst of everyone there that Piotr was mind controlled using Jean then they'd be forced to help him in front of all countrymen.Now we have some back door Gitmo style interrogation under Beast's oversight with Wolverine looking like the prison warden.I don't see how this is any better. I'd rather have mutants know a traitor could be in their midst than claiming there never was one or 'we got him' so Krakoa is 'traitor-proof'. When we know Mystique and Sinister are on the QC no less.

Hank is on some wicked path to becoming Dark Beast or something, no doubt. I feel bad for fans of the happy go lucky Beast of the past, palling-around with Wonder Man. Looks like those days are long gone.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Hank is on some wicked path to becoming Dark Beast or something, no doubt. I feel bad for fans of the happy go lucky Beast of the past, palling-around with Wonder Man. Looks like those days are long gone.
    They've been long gone for years though...Beast has been morally gray for quite some time now. Happy go lucky doesn't run countries.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They've been long gone for years though...Beast has been morally gray for quite some time now.
    Yeah, I know. And I'm not opposed to seeing where this behavior ends up but I can't help but empathize with folks who miss the Beast of old.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A coincidence for folks who are looking for a character who isn't actually there maybe?

Minor X-Factor Spoilers! -

spoilers:
    Adam has pretty obviously been somewhere that would rule out him being in the panel in question.
    end of spoilers

Who says the issue happen at the same time

Beast isn't a villain, Some of you just aren't use to your superheroes being written Grey(pun intended). Beast is approaching stuff more practical/clinical than personal now. He hasn't been fun loving Beast in a long time, The only thing wrong with current Beast in my opinion is that they don't showing him winning enough, I don't know why but they love to give him morality tales where he is loses or you see ethical downside of his decision. For his type of character to be superhero you need to give him wins that you understand that he is trying to the right thing.
    But this is how villains start, not twirling the mustache.

Beast winning this argument or Terra verde doesnt make it better, Villains usually have a point but they twisted their own vision to the extreme.

I dont think that Hank is a villain yet but i hope that if they have no intention on crossing the line, they just stop pushing it.