Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

They did touch on the nature of the virus a bit with Dr. Milton in Woodbury. Which makes me wonder, was Dr. Milton related to Governor Milton on the Commonwealth? Or was Milton his first name?
    Watching television is not an activity.

His last name is Mamet. Milton is his first name.

There were two Doctor brothers, the Carsons, during the Savior arc though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    His last name is Mamet. Milton is his first name.

There were two Doctor brothers, the Carsons, during the Savior arc though.
    Thanks. I couldn't remember if Milton was his first name or his last name.

Looked up Pope's actor, turns out he was the "My dogs are hungry!" guy in the Dark Knight.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Mid-Season finale of The Walking Dead season 11 was pretty good.

So that's dynamite affixed to what, jumbo bottle rockets? That looks like the least military item of all I've seen from Pope.

Judith, in a flooding basement! Guess the area is getting hit by Hurricane force winds.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So that's dynamite affixed to what, jumbo bottle rockets? That looks like the least military item of all I've seen from Pope.
    Actually, it is very military. Just not American military. It's basically a Korean Hwacha, first used around the 1400s.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

It appears in the recent video game set in feudal Japan, Ghost of Tsushima, although like a lot of the game, it's appearance is kind of an anachronism.

As for how Pope and crew got it, either it's custom made or maybe they got it out of a museum (Which comes in handy-Hilltop I think was a museum, and Rick and co. went to one for supplies in season 9's premiere)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-14-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It appears in the recent video game set in feudal Japan, Ghost of Tsushima, although like a lot of the game, it's appearance is kind of an anachronism.
    It's fist major usage in battle was by the Koreans against the Japanese in the Imjin war, so depending on when the game takes place (I haven't played it), it would make sense that the Japanese adopted something similar post-war.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I think it takes place two centuries before that, and the conflict is the Mongol Invasion of Japan, specifically Tsushima and Iki islands around the 13th century.

I'm not sure but the weapon is used by both sides in the game, however the Mongols capture the Japanese fortresses so they simply captured their weapons as well.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They did touch on the nature of the virus a bit with Dr. Milton in Woodbury.
    Yes, but it was mostly an after thought. They never really gave much thought story wise to the zombies themselves or the virus. I doubt World Beyond will fix that frankly speaking, it's just a means to an ends. Probably will lead to nowhere and they'll move on like what happened at the CDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Daryl and Carol represent everything I felt was wrong with the show. The anthology series could be a goldmine for ideas. But a Daryl Carol spin off sounds boring as hell and super fan servicey to me. Daryl should have died sometime after Glenn, and Carol should have died back in season 4 or 5 when Rick banished her, Just my opinion. Show turned into Game of Thrones with it's reluctance to kill off people now. Ugh, the backlash against Glenn's death really neutered the mainland show. Even FearTWD became soft after the awesome season 3. It eventually rebounds in season 6, but season 3 is still its best.
    Definitely agree, Carol and Daryl are probably the most overrated characters in the whole franchise while tons of other interesting characters gets over looked by both the writers and the audiences. Characters like Daryl and Carol are "cheap" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Yes, but it was mostly an after thought. They never really gave much thought story wise to the zombies themselves or the virus. I doubt World Beyond will fix that frankly speaking, it's just a means to an ends. Probably will lead to nowhere and they'll move on like what happened at the CDC.
    Robert Kirkman has often said that he doesn't want there to ever be a "cure" for the walkers. The point of his story is not an attempt to return to a normal world, but rather whether the characters can learn to live in the world as it now is.

If cured I think the walkers would pretty much just drop dead. The Virus pretty much "activates" when anybody's dead unless there's enough trauma to the small part of the brain that powers the Walkers.

The bites (and to degree the blood I think) are a bit different, they're basically extremely toxic but don't technically transmit the virus.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Robert Kirkman has often said that he doesn't want there to ever be a "cure" for the walkers. The point of his story is not an attempt to return to a normal world, but rather whether the characters can learn to live in the world as it now is.
    That would be fine. However the rule of attrition would mean that eventually the Walkers would be gone. Herds would be thinned by the living. As the living die, they are then dealt with so as to not become new Walkers.
    The show is 10yrs into this and frankly I find it more and more hard to believe that "massive herds" are still a thing. With all the groups we've seen on just the main TWD show over a few states they've put down thousands of Walkers. We've seen that on 'Fear' and on 'World Beyond' they show even more control. Likely plenty of groups across the NA continent doing the same.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

True, but at this point the show is it's own separate mythology. Especially since they've killed characters that are still alive in the books and vice versa. There's nothing stopping them from doing their own thing (for better or worse).