Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Right now, I could kinda see them working on a way to bring Andrew Lincoln back for the series' back nine. Preferably more than just a glorified cameo, something that at least has Rick back around for the bulk of the final arc of the show and a major player within. Then, follow the source material to the degrees possible in regards to what happens to end things. IOW...
    spoilers:
    You have Rick finally killed off near the end, but his legacy is secured. Major time skip features what the world is like through the eyes of an adult Judith whom now has a family of her own. I'd be hard pressed to see them pass on giving her a son whom she names Carl. You can still end the main show on that vein while still having a whole swath of in between stuff to utilize for the Daryl/Carol spinoff later.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Rick is supposed to return in a theatrical film, although it's been very unclear when it will start production/be released, or if they just forget about the theatrical release and do a TV movie that closes up most of the storyline (That's what CSI did).

They seem to be building up whatever CRM (The helicopter group) is in World Beyond (There was also a bit about them in Fear), and they're the same group who took Rick and Jadis (presumably she was some kind of scout or agent of them apart from her junkyard queen stuff).

Come to think of it's possible they've been doing some stuff behind the scenes a bit longer. Mysterious helicopters showed up in a few earlier seasons, although at least one was a military copter that the Governor intercepted.

I've always thought it's possible they're connected to the virus in the first place. Although Kirkman has I think referred to it as possibly something from space, like the first Night Of The Living Dead.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-21-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Rick is supposed to return in a theatrical film, although it's been very unclear when it will start production/be released, or if they just forget about the theatrical release and do a TV movie that closes up most of the storyline (That's what CSI did).

They seem to be building up whatever CRM (The helicopter group) is in World Beyond (There was also a bit about them in Fear), and they're the same group who took Rick and Jadis (presumably she was some kind of scout or agent of them apart from her junkyard queen stuff).

Come to think of it's possible they've been doing some stuff behind the scenes a bit longer. Mysterious helicopters showed up in a few earlier seasons, although at least one was a military copter that the Governor intercepted.

I've always thought it's possible they're connected to the virus in the first place. Although Kirkman has I think referred to it as possibly something from space, like the first Night Of The Living Dead.
    The space thing was him bull crapping the Image editor at the time to get the series launched then. A fact 20 issues in the editor comically asked .."Hey when do the aliens show up again ?"

He made a joke issue about it in Walking Dead #75 but the whole cause is something he leaves open for everyone . It could be a government virus that escaped ala Resident Evil , aliens or anything else. But its always left open ended. Kirkman has said that the moment you reveal what caused it , it loses that magic.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Any thoughts on the current season? Last two episodes have brought back the concept of more 'dormant' walkers that seem to 'hibernate' until they get some new stimuli/food.

They're also back to larger-scale episodes after the mini-season which in part had to limit things due to the pandemic. Since the Pandemic is still with us I'm sure CG helps though, plus Daryl gets a little side trip with Dog and some interesting graffiti. The Commonwealth storyline also features a fairly limited cast too at this point too.

The subway stuff reminds me of several video games which use Zombies in subways (Last of Us, Resident Evil, also Fallout 4 if you count the Feral Ghouls-same subway system too!)

With this episode, also pretty much the teen characters are pretty much all gone apart from Lydia, unless you count Judith (Cailey Fleming is 14). Also no more C. Thomas Howell.

There is some speculation that Alden-who first showed up in season 8 as one of the more reasonable Saviors, became a major sort of ally of Hilltop but has become somewhat darker since Endi's death-might be the next to go. People are comparing Adam to Judith in being 'cursed'-he's lost his mother, both his surrogate parents, and now possibly his new parent too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-30-2021 at 10:44 AM.

The back-and-forth between Negan and Maggie is good.

What is the latest with the Rick movies? Are they still happening?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I think they're sort of in 'development hell' at the moment. It's possible once the main series and World Beyond wraps up they'll have more room for that, although FTWD might still go on and there's supposed to be plans for a Daryl/Carol show and also an anthology series.

Maybe World Beyond will have some sort of hint, after all it deals with the same group that took Rick.

And have they announced an end date for Fear? Will that run past TWD S11? Perhaps the Daryl/Carol show will bring them to Morgan's community

I'm not sure Morgan's community is going to be a safe place for quite a few years.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Episode 2 was REALLY good. The strung up bodied towards the end was really creepy. Great overall creepy Episode, especially that fucked up story Maggie told Brrr. I also like the small bits of lore Daryl found in the tunnel. It's creepy sad stuff like that I want to see more of. I think the show could use more lore from during "The fall". Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    And have they announced an end date for Fear? Will that run past TWD S11? Perhaps the Daryl/Carol show will bring them to Morgan's community
    Daryl and Carol represent everything I felt was wrong with the show. The anthology series could be a goldmine for ideas. But a Daryl Carol spin off sounds boring as hell and super fan servicey to me. Daryl should have died sometime after Glenn, and Carol should have died back in season 4 or 5 when Rick banished her, Just my opinion. Show turned into Game of Thrones with it's reluctance to kill off people now. Ugh, the backlash against Glenn's death really neutered the mainland show. Even FearTWD became soft after the awesome season 3. It eventually rebounds in season 6, but season 3 is still its best.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 08-30-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Funny thing is, Daryl never showed up in the comics (although comics-version Dwight has some similarities) and although Carol did, she was far less middle-aged (20s-30s instead of the 40ish-50ish TV Carol) and eventually went completely nuts and dies in the prison arc.

Also Sophia survives which was one major difference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Daryl and Carol represent everything I felt was wrong with the show. The anthology series could be a goldmine for ideas. But a Daryl Carol spin off sounds boring as hell and super fan servicey to me. Daryl should have died sometime after Glenn, and Carol should have died back in season 4 or 5 when Rick banished her, Just my opinion. Show turned into Game of Thrones with it's reluctance to kill off people now. Ugh, the backlash against Glenn's death really neutered the mainland show. Even FearTWD became soft after the awesome season 3. It eventually rebounds in season 6, but season 3 is still its best.
    Yeah, I feel it's fan servicey too. I will have to give it some thought before I commit any time to it, if any. I like the idea of an anthology series, since, like you said, they can give us more material, stuff the writers have not explored like different geographical regions or something. And the more Easter eggs to the original show, the better

The show never really got back the viewers it lost from Glenn and Abraham's deaths. I totally get it, and I knew those deaths were going to happen.

Carol has been awesome at times, and at other times totally frustrating. McBride is a great actress, and I certainly don't blame her for the character's inconsistencies. The writers will contribute that to her just being human in a zombie apocalypse and everyone reacts differently to repeated trauma. But, it's still a show that is first and foremost supposed to entertain its audience. I'd rather see Carol stumble into a cave and discover the Gem of Cyttorak to become Lady Juggernaut or something than watch another character rework.

Daryl is like the Juggernaut in that he can't die -- I like his character a lot but it suffers from the same old routine, too.

Fear the Walking Dead gives us hope in that it can take over as the flagship series. Yes, it was great in Season 3, got weak, then rebounded. I hope that they bring Rick and Michonne back in this series to wrap up their arc somehow.

Good to see you here, Emperor. It's been a while.

Funny thing is, Daryl never showed up in the comics (although comics-version Dwight has some similarities) and although Carol did, she was far less middle-aged (20s-30s instead of the 40ish-50ish TV Carol) and eventually went completely nuts and dies in the prison arc.

Did Sophia make it to the end of the comic run? She was Carl's wife, right?

Yep. Although Carl did have a relationship with Lydia (Given to Henry in the TV show) he eventually married Sophia instead in the final issue. Kind of curious if the series finale will do that whole time skip thing but since Carl and Sophia are both dead perhaps Judith will take their place. Be kind of funny if Judith would be played by Sophia Di Martino or Daisy Ridley (Casey Fleming was both the younger versions of Rey and Female Loki/Sylvie)

Speaking of Lydia, the character hasn't really had much to do since the Whisperer War. Wondering if she'll get any focus this season, especially since she seems to have sort of surrogate parents with Negan and Carol (Who both of course killed Alpha).

I'm aware, I read all of the issues. Which is why watching this show gets frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post

Good to see you here, Emperor. It's been a while.
    Thanks man, I've been lurking