Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The new World Beyond trailer features a familiar face from TWD at the end. Not quite the one we wanted, but this one makes a lot of sense given the CRM plot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Just watched the trailer. Yeah, that certainly makes sense. I'll try to stomach S2 of World Beyond.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Interesting episode, pretty much killed off all of Maggie's new group (apart from Elijah, who was captured but probably not killed, and Herschel who is with Alexandria-the kids actually get two scenes after not doing much this season. Hershel II seems to have a weird sense of humor, wonder if they'll have him become the jerk he was at the end of the comic in the finale.). Also Magna seems somewhat calmer then before in the B-plot, sort of acting as a big sister to Kelly while Connie is still missing and Yumiko is away.

New group seems to be religious extremist cult, who are kind of a post-apocalyptic cliche we've seen a few times in both shows. Will be interesting to see Gabriel go up against them given his recent more darker outlook.

If this is how it seems?

That would be a particularly interesting turn...

The episode is already out for those who are part of AMC's premium service so yep, pretty much.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

New group seems to be religious extremist cult, who are kind of a post-apocalyptic cliche we've seen a few times in both shows. Will be interesting to see Gabriel go up against them given his recent more darker outlook.
    New group is just Black Water/Xe/Academi mixed with religious zealotry

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is this going to be the S11 discussion thread?
    Or was that going to be in the just aptly titled 'Walking Dead' thread?

I've gotten caught up through ep.5 now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Might as well be, there doesn't seem to be many other threads.

Episode 6 finally ties up a lingering loose end.

I have the feeling that Daryl's infiltration is going to go sideways. Last time he tried something like this in season 4 it nearly ended very badly for his friends.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-22-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Turn that boat around, let's jump that shark again! Once was bad enough (Jadis & the garbage people), did NOT like the feral family B&B. At least it was only one episode.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Kind of wonder if part of the Garbage thing wasn't some kind of CRM setup in some weird way (like the different vaults in the Fallout franchise designed to conduct different experiments, for example). It seems kind of obvious that Jadis was working for them in some way all along, as Simon notes she has a helipad and we later see her in some kind of fancy bunker as well different from the rest of the junkyard. Her "backstory" about being an artist and teacher might have been a fabrication.

The junkyard people definitely didn't make any sense. And it's kinda hard for me to believe they (meaning the writers) always planned Jadis to be someone else all along and not just a quick retool. Who knows man lol.

It's interesting to finally see Sebastián on the show, I wonder who's going to take Rick's place when it comes time for Sebastián to kill like in the comic. I really wish Lincoln had of stayed to the last season. It's strange he would quit when there was only 2 season's left. Unless AMC had no intentions of ending the mainland show and Lincoln's (and later Denai) departure forced their hand?
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 10-04-2021 at 05:11 AM.

Well, Lincoln was supposed to headline the 3 (?) Walking Dead movies that tied into the show. Danai is also a part of that -- plus her MCU schedule and on-stage commitments were making things tough (I guess she wrote and starred in a play).

Who knows what's happening now. I wish AMC would let us know what the status is of the movies. They were originally planning on being in theaters, but it looks like they will be streaming if anything at all. I think when the bosses were thinking about doing the movies, they may not have had an ending date in mind for the show. But I'm only going on my poor memory of old articles.

Enough about my poor memory though, lol. They do need to wrap up Rick's story, Michonne's story, etc. They keep referring to Michonne in show, so we know it's in the plans. Li'l Ass Kicker ought to have one heckuva reunion scene with Michonne, and maybe even with Rick, too. I assumed Virgil knew about the Rick clues Michonne found, but maybe not.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

No doubt Covid threw the Grimes WD movies for a loop, like so much else. Since there has been this delay it would be nice to know a status on Rick. I was wondering if working in a cameo on S2 of World Beyond was possible.

At any rate last nights episode of TWD was pretty good even if it was mostly set up for the finale. Seeing the resurrection of the "Whisperers" ala Maggies little raiding party group to take on the Reavers looks to be fun.
    Will Maggie keep her promise/deal with Neegan? I have to believe Neegan still keeps one eye on her.
    Eugene did all the right things and even in this backward world we still see that power and influence gets you privilege, do we not?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lance is starting to remind me a bit of a certain lawyer on another popular AMC show.....

Like I said on twitter, The World Beyond's Frankenstein research science stuff with the zombies is cool and intriguing, the show definitely needs more of that. Cause story wise that's a goldmine imo. Especially if they continue to discuss the actual zombie virus. Cause none of the other shows did it, not since the CDC episode of season 1 of The Walking Dead. The show (and the comic too) just kinda put the nature of the virus in the closet, and never discussed it again.

Also Seth is truly underrated on TWD as Father Gabriel. And what a bad ass look to him too.