Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That would be fine. However the rule of attrition would mean that eventually the Walkers would be gone. Herds would be thinned by the living. As the living die, they are then dealt with so as to not become new Walkers.
    The show is 10yrs into this and frankly I find it more and more hard to believe that "massive herds" are still a thing. With all the groups we've seen on just the main TWD show over a few states they've put down thousands of Walkers. We've seen that on 'Fear' and on 'World Beyond' they show even more control. Likely plenty of groups across the NA continent doing the same.
    I think in WB they had a woman near death confined in her room in the first episode.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm sticking with World Beyond hoping for a big payoff, but man, it's a chore. AMC and Kirkman ought to be appreciative at this point, lol

And still no updates on the Rick-centric stuff; I'm sure I've missed some announcements, though. Certainly they have a plan at this point? Why be so secretive?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm sticking with World Beyond hoping for a big payoff, but man, it's a chore. AMC and Kirkman ought to be appreciative at this point, lol

And still no updates on the Rick-centric stuff; I'm sure I've missed some announcements, though. Certainly they have a plan at this point? Why be so secretive?
    AMC is too busy with lawsuits and AMC+ I think. I personally think it's slowly starting to be too late for a Rick centered movie. And I still think Jadis is a retooled character.

On the other hand I'm really digging Fear The Walking Dead right now. The atmosphere, the look, the tone is *chefs kiss*. I still miss the show being about the Clark family. It might as well be an unofficial completely different third show at this point, with The World Beyond being the 4th. Technically speaking.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

If you have AMC+ you can watch episodes a week early. I've seen both the Fear mid-season finale, and the World Beyond Series finale ahead of time. And Let me just say this, there's some shocking revelations in both episodes. One about Alicia, and another about the zombie virus. I'm excited by this, but it's hard to Guage how other viewers will take it tho. Especially regarding spoilers:
    the fact wr might have fast zombies in the future
    end of spoilers

After the series finale of TWD, I really hope we see more about humanity working on a cure/solution rather than more regurgitated good survivalists vs bad survivalists tales. The science angle needs to be explored in greater detail, and was to me one of the few interesting parts of TWB.

Here's a link to an article from a few days ago

https://undeadwalking.com/2021/11/25...hows-know-far/

Mid-season premiere aired. Pretty much the way people suspected it would go I think. End of Alden, Maggie and Elijah get revenge, Commonwealth shows up, Negan leaves since he still thinks Maggie's going to kill him eventually. Then there's a time jump that indicates Hilltop has some problem with Commonwealth-and Daryl is a soldier!

Andrew Lincoin was in Atlanta hanging out with Reedus and they seem to be filming the final episodes now. So it could be the return of Rick or setting up for the Rick movies somehow, or maybe he just happens to be in town doing something else. (Georgia just doesn't film TWD, after all-I think part of NO WAY HOME was filmed there-probably the Electro/Sandman debut scene).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This series is really kind of limping along to me. Rick should be showing up because we know he was taken away in that helicopter. But it wouldn't surprise if he doesn't and they just tease you for a new show to launch or movie as you say. I am kind of doubting the interest will be there. I find FTWD more interesting but not by much these days.

I want to watch the last season of Walking Dead but I have no idea what's been going on with the show. I stopped watching once Rick (Andrew Lincoln) left the show like two years ago. Even before that I didn't watch regularly like I did when the show was all the rage around the water cooler. Is the Rick movie still slated to come out?

Basically after Rick left there was a 6-year time gap where the communities more or less still did OK but became more isolated from each other (due to an incident where Michonne let an old friend in who turned out to not be such a good person). Maggie also leaves at some point. However eventually they stumbled upon the Whisperers, who basically tend to roam with the dead by wearing masks made of zombie skin (Another level of the guts camouflage Rick and co. tend to use) and tend to 'whisper' to each other to not alert the real zombies. One of them-Lydia, the daughter of the leader-gets captured and eventually starts to adjust to living with the main characters-also new characters arrive but turn out to be OK people allowing for the communities to trust each other again, and also unite against the growing threat of the Whisperers by holding a festival. However, the Whisperers capture and behead a number of residents during it, including fairly long-running characters Tara, Enid, and Carol's latest adopted son Henry.

Eventually tensions are further inflamed when it's all out war more or less, also there's a saboteur who poisons the water but the group does briefly manage to convince another Whisperer to join their side (Gamma). Negan, who has been imprisoned for the past decade or so, is let loose, "joins" the Whisperers but kills Alpha and helps take down her second-in-command Beta, gaining at least some redemption with the rest of the team. However, Maggie returns at roughly the same time....and she still hasn't forgiven Negan for killing Glenn. Michonne also left to follow clues to Rick's whereabouts.

The Whisperer War leaves them low on supplies so the group splits into a few expeditions-one, to follow a radio contact Eugene has made, which leads to the prosperous but probably has skeletons in the closet (Like Woodbury and literally Terminus) Commonwealth community, while Maggie takes a group to a community near Washington DC which might have food supplies but is currently run by ex-soldiers turned Religious extremists survivalists called Reapers (Who among them include a woman who Daryl had a fling with shortly after Rick vanished). As of this latest episode, the Reapers saved one have been defeated, and the Commonwealth have just showed up after giving the other team an extremely though screening process. Also Rick leaves the group because he doesn't want to wind up being killed by Maggie.

So the latest episode had Daryl, Carol, Rosita and others checking out the Commonwealth. Kind of interesting that they seem to adapt to it better than they did to Alexandria at first-although this is a little different; only Daryl, Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene, and Carol from that group are present here (and Carol's pretty much pulling the same tactic she was doing back there-cookies and all)-everybody else is either dead (Glenn/Abraham/Sasha/Carl/Tara), missing/left (Rick, Michonne), or stayed behind (Maggie).

Also the group that arrived at Alexandria had a *ton* of trauma in rapid succession-the end of the Jail, death of Herschel, Beth, and Tyreese, Terminus etc. and they were all in really bad shape. Although they still of course had problems at the beginning of this season with the Reapers and Walkers, that was still not really quite as bad (Alexandria did get wrecked a lot but I think everybody survived, although they did lose people on the Reaper trip it was mainly Alden as far as long-running characters; and Maggie and Negan are of course not at Commonwealth yet.

So I guess it's possible Daryl might take up Rick's comic arc in the final part of the Commonwealth story, although given that a Daryl/Carol spin off is in the works I'm guessing maybe not (Well, at least what happened to Rick)? Then again they might go in a totally different direction, as has happened a few times (The TV show has adapted the broad comic storylines pretty much, but differs in many of the details.). Wonder if they'll adapt the final issue with an older Judith, although it might be more interesting to have RJ in the role Herschel II has.

Last episode had Michael Biehn in it (Wonder if Gale Ann Hurd being producer might've played a role) although as noted by the CBR article another militant/religious group might be a bit too close to the Reapers, although this group seems to be more bark than bite, and Ian probably might've heard Aaron and Gabriel out if Toby hadn't messed things up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I enjoyed the cult/apartment leader being someone like Biehn.
    Frankly though at this point we've seen enough of those type personalities so on the other hand I'm glad we aren't going to be spending weeks on them as the show begins to transition/end.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Any thoughts on the next-to-last season finale? Looks like Lance is pretty much the final villain. I haven't read the comics up to this point but of course, while the series follows the comics in the broad sense, the smaller details have been very different-and with the scar and the coin, it's kind of obvious there's been many comparisons to Two Face. Given the trailer for the final arc, Aaron's horror at looking at one of the zombies, I'm guessing things don't work out for Oceanside. Not looking good for Stephanie/Max either I think.