Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

It's increasingly unlikely they'll do the time jump anyway at this point; maybe save it for the finales of the spin-offs or something, or do a wrap-up TV movie like CSI did (Although now that's back of course).

Especially if one has already seen next week's episode on the premium AMC service. A lot of things are up in the air.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm a week ahead. I will watch the finale next week.
    I feel a few ways about it. We know Pamela dies, that is the anti-climatic part. I'm more interested in what direction the characters go and who is left standing.
    Some characters it is also anti-climatic cause of the spin-off shows starting.
    No worries about death for Darryl, Maggie and Negan for example. However, now that Carol has opted out of the spinoff is she one that can go out in a blaze of glory?
    I expect to lose a few of our characters in the wrap up.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Judith will probably make it, it's almost cliche that the Grimes can survive gun wounds that would otherwise be fatal.

It's a toss up with Lydia, sometimes that amputations don't always work. Tyreese for example. Herschel Sr. barely made it. Aaron was never bit, his arm was crushed by logs. Also Alycia from Fear but her fate was kind of ambiguous....

I'm guessing the variant strain of the Walker works like it perhaps 'reactivates' a bit more of the brain, at least some elements of problem-solving. Personality is still gone though, unless it mutates further.

Guessing we might lose one of the season 9 newcomers, Luke is the best bet since the series has kind of struggled with having him around probably because of Dan Folger's movie career.

Ezekiel as well, things seem to be hinting at a possible farewell. Maybe have Jerry take over as "King" if he survives finding Elijah. (Luke and Jules survived being cut off from the group and hiding with the horde so maybe Elijah did too).

Looks like Negan's wife will probably be safe unless something happens to Alexandria last minute. Maybe she and Herschel get kidnapped in the finale or spin-off and that's why Negan and Maggie head to New York.

They've released some pics from the finale. Shows Judith on a hospital bed so kind of shades of Rick there. Also a zombie chowing on a severed arm-possibly Lydia's to use as bait to get the Walkers away from the RV.

The pics also (although framed in an attempt to hide it) seem to confirm a character death in the commonwealth street. Maggie and Negan also seem to have a scene together which may be the set up for Isle Of The Dead.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-14-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Anybody think Wang Chung's "Space Junk" might show up in the finale?

Mighty Member

It's a shame Frank Darabont never got to see this through. It would have been interesting to see a 6 or 7 season arc with him at the helm. AMC should have treated him better. The show basically peaked at Season 1 and went downhill starting season 2.

Kind of interesting how THE MIST featured a lot of future cast members, although only Mcbride remains. Jeffrey Demunn (Dale) has been in practically everything Frank's done.

Looks like Angela Kang is being handed the Silk TV show.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    It's a shame Frank Darabont never got to see this through. It would have been interesting to see a 6 or 7 season arc with him at the helm. AMC should have treated him better. The show basically peaked at Season 1 and went downhill starting season 2.
    Oh shut up. He did 6 episodes of which only the first 3 were really that good. It has been 12 years and people are still spouting this bull.

Apparently when Darabont left Demunn wanted to kill Dale off because of that. Wonder if he was kind of building to something closer to the Andrea storyline from the comics if Dale lived?

Well, today's the finale.

Extraordinary Member

I got to watching football last night and forgot all about it. I'm sure it was sad.

Actually, it's been years since I watched the show (season 5, I think) but I still planned to watch the finale.

I may be in the minority, but I wish it would've all ended last night with no upcoming spin-offs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Judith will probably make it, it's almost cliche that the Grimes can survive gun wounds that would otherwise be fatal.
    Yes, but Judith is a Walsh. LOL

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

We saw Judith got shot in the shoulder. Still bad for a kid but not an unrecoverable from gun shot wound.

I was hoping Maggie would've sniped Pamela and just let us be done with her.
    Enjoyed the Maggie/Neegan heart-to-heart. Glad she isn't forgiving. Moving on is one thing, which she seems able and ready to do.
    Nice explosive finale at The Estates, but as the very very last scene showed us there are still soooooo many Walkers out there.
    The farewell for Rosita was handled tastefully.

One-year time jump. I had felt like FearTWD was creeping up to align with TWD timeline but I'm now wondering what the gap is. We might get hints when FTWD returns.

Nice epilogue with Michonne and Rick segments. Rick with that Civic Republic jacket while appearing to be a hostage is a nice open ended teaser of where to start with his show next year.

I've see all of TWDU shows to this point, lets see what is next.

As a finale I grade it a strong B+ for the main show. It is however not really an end. An end for some perhaps but with the Civic Republic out there the Bullies with guns that they've fought over 11 years still are operating. I'd like to know where things stood with Seaside? Could The Kingdom be rebuilt and populated increasing trade and growing fields etc?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    We saw Judith got shot in the shoulder. Still bad for a kid but not an unrecoverable from gun shot wound.

I was hoping Maggie would've sniped Pamela and just let us be done with her.
    Enjoyed the Maggie/Neegan heart-to-heart. Glad she isn't forgiving. Moving on is one thing, which she seems able and ready to do.
    Nice explosive finale at The Estates, but as the very very last scene showed us there are still soooooo many Walkers out there.
    The farewell for Rosita was handled tastefully.

One-year time jump. I had felt like FearTWD was creeping up to align with TWD timeline but I'm now wondering what the gap is. We might get hints when FTWD returns.

Nice epilogue with Michonne and Rick segments. Rick with that Civic Republic jacket while appearing to be a hostage is a nice open ended teaser of where to start with his show next year.

I've see all of TWDU shows to this point, lets see what is next.

As a finale I grade it a strong B+ for the main show. It is however not really an end. An end for some perhaps but with the Civic Republic out there the Bullies with guns that they've fought over 11 years still are operating. I'd like to know where things stood with Seaside? Could The Kingdom be rebuilt and populated increasing trade and growing fields etc?
    Appreciate the recap of the final episode. Glad Judith survived. So sad that Rosita did not. Also glad to see that Maggie did NOT forgive Negan. IMO, Glenn's death was the beginning of the ratings fall of the series. He was the heart of the show in many ways. I know they liked to shock viewers with killing off the unexpected, but that was the most terrible death decision of the series.