Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

I will wait for more info before putting too much thought into this, but the odd mix of characters is neat, and I wonder if there will be more team-ups of 'original' characters in 1939 or other periods.
    So by using the word "original," DC seems to be inferring the modern Batman is not, continuity-wise, the same as the original from 1939.

Holy retcons, as Robin would say.
    I am not exactly an expert on DC comics or knowledgeable enough to write articles about this stuff, but my impression is that the "current" Batman has not been the same continuity-wise as the 1939 version for a long time.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

So is this Batman going to kill villians??

Huh. Seems like they completely rebooted the concept of Generations and what it was going to be. That lineup screams “filler event” to me.

The entire appeal to me of Generations was the re-telling of the history of DC. Now that it's no longer that, I really don't care.

I may pick this up as it's Jurgens writing Booster again, but it all depends on if it's actually a one-shot and not a series of one-shots. Nothing about what this is now screams "This is worth $10 an issue."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Whatever this is it sounds un-likley to resolve the continuity hang ups that DC has right now. Filler material is right.
    Assassinate Putin!

This sounds very weird and Jurgens being lead writer on it doesn't inspire confidence.

So is DC just going to continue kicking the can and not tell us what's happening to the universe?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Doesn’t mention anything about the timeline anymore. I think this is just then finding a way to use the original story, but it probably won’t affect the future.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    So is DC just going to continue kicking the can and not tell us what's happening to the universe?
    Hopefully we get the endless winter announcement this week, since that’s more likely to be set post death metal.

Kudos for using Booster Gold, Starfire, Dr. Light II and Steel II.
    Looks interesting, if in at least it'll give them more exposure.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

It's nice to see someone remembering Kimiyo.

I am trying to find good points about this and the team selected seems like the collection of heroes from COIE #1 featuring the Earth Two Superman. Might be a kind of homage, it might be setting up for proposed series post event, but using the original Batman is a step towards bringing the past back into DC canon and I'm for it willing to buy the issue.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

This feels meaningless. Of the DCU is in good shape
    by then, though, I don’t care.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Eh, I'm not fine with Venditti writing Sinestro, considering his last work.

I remember Bleeding Cool/Rich Johnston writing that DC paid a "kill fee" to dump the 5G stuff.

I doubt we'll ever get any clarity on how this comic or that Batman Generations one fits into DC Continuity because I'd bet they don't.

Maybe the COVID losses to revenue were severe enough that DC needs to bring whatever 5G work was completed out of mothballs in order to recoup some of their investment, and it really doesn't go beyond that.