Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    I just appreciate the fact you included JJJ. Maybe Kindr
    ed is the part of his soul that died when he decided to help Spider-Man out now lol
    I just read the Solicits and it looks like my top three suspects Gabriel, Ezekiel and no one are out the window. Why? With the exception of the 9/11 issue, the cover of ASM 55 looked like the bleakest cover I ever saw on a Spider-Man comic ( maybe Mets can help me and let me know if he ever saw a cover like that). I will also note MJ is in ASM 54 as is Order Of The Web and Sin Eater. It makes you think someone like MJ is dying or Gwen is actually Kindred and Peter must kill her to save MJ? Maybe if it is Gwen we will find out why she went to Hell.

A Reckoning is Nigh

Yeah, just looked at the covers. I feel like either something truly terrifying has happened, or just ALMOST happened and our hype will be let down. I really hope Marvel surprises us with Last Remains though
    Last edited by Gwen Parker; 09-17-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    Yeah, just looked at the covers. I feel like either something truly terrifying has happened, or just ALMOST happened and our hype will be let down. I really hope Marvel surprises us with Last Remains though
    You can easily interpret the comments about ASM 55 “you will never look at Peter the same and Peter will never look at himself the same” as the end of “No One Dies.” Imagine if Kindred is Gwen, and he has to kill her, when Peter would not kill her killer Norman Osborn in ASM 122? Especially devastating if he had to actually team up with Osborn? The effect on Peter would be something else. I have always thought Spencer would not go there because of the can of worms it would open ( make Sins Past look like a nursery rhyme), and make lots of people irate, but the odds of Gwen being Kindred just shot up.

Astonishing Member

When do we think Kindred's identity will be revealed? A big chunk of Spencer's run will be determined on Kindred.

Astonishing Member

My Kindred theories started with Ezekiel Sims, then Peter from OMD to Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy. I'm thinking it's Gwen.

Incredible Member

At this point i would take Kindred being Uncle Ben over Gwen. I really cant stand Gwen and if Kindred is indeed her, then i cannot wait for this story to be over so we can move on.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I think Kindred's identity will be revealed at the beginning of Last Remains so that way the rest of the event will be more harrowing. We've played the guessing game long enough, so there's no reason to tease who he is anymore in the story arc about him. The event as a whole will be more powerful if we're hit with his identity at the start.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    At this point i would take Kindred being Uncle Ben over Gwen. I really cant stand Gwen and if Kindred is indeed her, then i cannot wait for this story to be over so we can move on.
    I think it is Gwen but I am looking for the reason why she ended up in Hell. The reason why stories like Sins Past, The Other and Silk are so reviled is they alter canon ( like The Other and Silk messing with Amazing Fantasy 15). If Gwen did something so bad ( maybe in between the pages of ASM 118-119) fine. But creating another Sins Past type story to shock the readers or fit the narrative? Unacceptable, just like Sins Past was.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I really hope it isn't Gwen. I don't want them to ruin my girl any more than they already have

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I think it is Gwen but I am looking for the reason why she ended up in Hell. The reason why stories like Sins Past, The Other and Silk are so reviled is they alter canon ( like The Other and Silk messing with Amazing Fantasy 15). If Gwen did something so bad ( maybe in between the pages of ASM 118-119) fine. But creating another Sins Past type story to shock the readers or fit the narrative? Unacceptable, just like Sins Past was.
    I agree completely. It changes a lot. I just can't get over the fact that Kingpin kneeling down to Kindred. That's the part that makes me think this whole plot will end up being awful. Gwen was a snob in her early appearances and then later the whole damsel in distress. Do you realize the about of stretching needs to explain going to hell and just the Kingpin part alone requires a huge massage to reality to make it work. I've reached the point where I'm setting myself up to be disappointed and if it's not Gwen, I will be pleasantly surprised

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=xpyred;5149471]I agree completely. It changes a lot. I just can't get over the fact that Kingpin kneeling down to Kindred. That's the part that makes me think this whole plot will end up being awful. Gwen was a snob in her early appearances and then later the whole damsel in distress. Do you realize the about of stretching needs to explain going to hell and just the Kingpin part alone requires a huge massage to reality to make it work. I've reached the point where I'm setting myself up to be disappointed and if it's not Gwen, I will be pleasantly surprised[/QUOTE
    I agree with you about Gwen. I never liked the idea of Gwen as a tramp ( Sins Past), or Saint Gwen. If you are going to use her then use her correctly ( Ghost Spider is a different character). There was a lot I disliked about Slott’s run, but more then anything was his “Flipping The Bird” to the readers and Gwen as Kindred will be flipping the bird to readers ( especially the Gwen fans ( this from a hard core MJ shipper)).

Astonishing Member

Regarding pre-OMD Peter as Kindred, technically the original Peter died in Octavius's body, right? He returned later only because of the remnants of the mind in the subconscious, or whatever Slott explained it.
    In any case, they have a very easy way to reasonably justify such a plot twist.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I know a lot of people have been calling Spencer a "fixer" since all of the stuff he's mended throughout his run. My fear though, is he's set this up just so we can be more devestated during the events/aftermath of Last Remains. With how long this Kindred story has been running I feel like the majority of how much I like his run will ride on what happens with him. I just hope it doesn't ruin anything too bad...

Thing you got to realize though, if Kindred does turn out to be Gwen, it's the kind of "shocking twist" Marvel loves to pull on their readers. Especially since it has the irony of Spider-Man forced to team-up with his archenemy against the first woman he ever loved and who was killed by said archenemy. That speech Spider-Gwen gave Peter about the pitfalls of putting Gwen on a pedestal in ASM #49 seemed very much like Spencer prepping us in advance. Not to mention, if you read the Absolute Carnage tie-ins with the idea that Kindred is Gwen, it's scary how well it fits.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

All-New Member

I’m an old school poster that had to get a new Id. I kinda agree that it’s Gwen too but my dark horse is Flash. Maybe I’m nuts.