Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Kindred being Pre-OMD Peter would just add salt to the wound by making the Pre-OMD Spider-Man a villain to the current one. It would also confirm that all the talk on Marvel's part of BND Spider-Man being "the same one" was simply BS.

A Reckoning is Nigh

No joke, I have two people I know who said that exact thing yesterday. I think it's unlikely, but something to think about
    (About Kindred being Captain Stacy)

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    All this Gwen talk and I'm starting to think that Kindred is most likely Captain Stacy. Honestly I could do without Gwen. I'm so fed up with Gwen in general. A few people have stated that Gwen made peace with Peter and also have mentioned that Spencer probably won't devalue what Slott wrote. I'm all seriousness what if Kindred is captain stacy. Resurrecting Sin-Eater was to hurt Spider-Man with another person he failed to help (Jean Dewolff) but also connects George Stacy with Stan Carter and Dewolff because they were all cops. Kingpin kneeling to Kindred could be because maybe just maybe George wasn't squeaky clean. And George and his brother had met Osborn before in the Spectacular Spider-Man -1 in 1998. The outburst Kindred has when Peter reveals himself to Black Cat is because Peter had the audacity to reveal himself to Felicia but never revealed himself to Gwen.
    But wasn't he friendly and understanding to Peter in Clone Conspiracy? It would be against what Slott wrote in CC.
    Frankly, every dead character (besides Ezekiel) wanting revenge, featured in that story, would be devaluating to Slott's work...

About that Kingpin connection, there's one thing I quite don't understand. Maybe this is because english is not my native languange, but what I understood from their conversation, is that Kindred might have saved Vanessa somehow, unlike Fisk. What's up with that?

Side note, Mysterio wasn't resurrected before One More Day, I saw that said on the last page. Beck showed up before OMD in PAD's FNSM run as an agent sent from hell with a hole in his head from his death. That was Peter David trying to hint towards OMD, even if he disliked the direction things were going in at the top level. Beck showed up alive again post 2008 making "master of illusion!" cracks as to how he didn't have a hole in his head anymore. This run so far confirms that he did in fact die, it wasn't an illusion, and has been brought back by Kindred sometime after OMD.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I, too, would like to believe that Kindred is Peter before OMD, but if that were the case, the Marvel Marketing Machine wouldn't stop talking about it.

I think Spencer is just playing with our expectations at this point.

But still... it would be great if it Kindred and Spencers run turned out to be a solutions to OMD. Pre-OMD Peter is actually my third candidate for Kindred, right after Gwen and Harry.

Oh, and Stillanerd, I believe that Harry was featured on some motion comic on YouTube, when Absolutne Carnage was published. I remember him fighting with Norman.
    I imagine they would be pushing it more if not for the covid related mess comics currently are in. Amazing Mary Jane is still in limbo for the rest of the issues being released, King In Black is also starting during Last Remains, and crossovers tend to get more attention that singular stories. They are deliberately drumming up hype for #850 stacking a three week hype period for it and released animated comic shorts for both #850 and #50. Imagine if it wasnt something big they wouldn't even push it there.

A Reckoning is Nigh

Wait, there's an animated short for #50?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    Wait, there's an animated short for #50?
    Just a little motion comic of Kindred setting up a dinner plate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...58060339240960

Theres also this preview which has Parker badly beaten grasping Dr Strange, who looks angry at Parker as Parker grabs him, with Marvel calling the issue a "watershed moment"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...DhaGZGv4ix6LiA
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 09-24-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Amazing Member

Completely agree with Kingkalamari's theory. It should be pointed out that Kindred is also a spider-totem. How so? He has been manipulating dreams of the members of the Order of Web. In TASM: Sins of Norman Osborn Madame Web (Julia Carpenter) said that their visions have to be connected to the Web of Life and Destiny. It was said many times that Spider-Man (Peter Parker from Earth-616, the mainstream universe) is a key spider-totem of the Web. If Kindred is a part of Parker's soul, he also must have a strong connection to the Web and therefore he can use it to send visions/dreams to other spider-totems, making them do his bidding

Astonishing Member

I find it funny how Kindred might be a Spider-Totem when he's clearly themed after Centipedes.

It's honestly not a bad idea to have a Centipede Totem. I was always disappointed that Marvel didn't do more with "Morlun vs. the Panther Totem".

Morlun vs Black Panther was fun. He should hunt other totems more often.

A Reckoning is Nigh

Does anyone remember at the beginning of ASM #18 (part of the Hunted story arc) when we could read Kindred's thought captions as a scene played out? At the beginning it showed a centipede crawling around on a spider's web, then the spider came and killed it. Do you think it could mean anyhting?

Does anyone remember at the beginning of ASM #18 (part of the Hunted story arc) when we could read Kindred's thought captions as a scene played out? At the beginning it showed a centipede crawling around on a spider's web, then the spider came and killed it. Do you think it could mean anyhting?
    Maybe Kindred was a victim. He/She... it died because it got envolved in Spider-Man's "web" and it's death is Spidey's fault.

Fantastic Member

IIRC they bring up Thomas Hobbes and The Leviathan and how humans are prone to be in a perpetual cycle of fear. They also go out of their way to point out they're not talking about Hobbes from Clavin & Hobbes.... which like Kindred's wisecracking humor side should be another big red flag. I dont really think it means particularly anything just that Kindred was watching the events of Hunted and to introduce them watching over MJ. Probably the biggest flag of that scene is just you could be easily fooled to think its Parker talking since their dialogue runs directly into Parker's thought boxes, which happens regularly with issues Kindred appears in, not to mention their box is just the other color of Parker's suit, that in issues like #31 where it is just jumping back and forth between the two panel by panel.

And yeah wow, not sure how I didnt put the totem stuff together. Least we forget #44 is just Carpenter's nightmare of Kindred killing and burning Parker alive, and this seems only reserved to Spider totem people, with Osborn only being the exception to knowing being he heard everything Kindred said to him in #30/#31. Centipedes are the natural enemy of Spiders, which lines up too.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 09-27-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Completely agree with Kingkalamari's theory. It should be pointed out that Kindred is also a spider-totem. How so? He has been manipulating dreams of the members of the Order of Web. In TASM: Sins of Norman Osborn Madame Web (Julia Carpenter) said that their visions have to be connected to the Web of Life and Destiny. It was said many times that Spider-Man (Peter Parker from Earth-616, the mainstream universe) is a key spider-totem of the Web. If Kindred is a part of Parker's soul, he also must have a strong connection to the Web and therefore he can use it to send visions/dreams to other spider-totems, making them do his bidding
    Excellent observation!
    From what I recall (and as people pointed out on this thread) centipedes are natural enemies for spiders. But aren't centipedes also common around cementeries? It runs with a theme that Kindred is some kind of rotting corpse behind the bandages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Excellent observation!
    From what I recall (and as people pointed out on this thread) centipedes are natural enemies for spiders. But aren't centipedes also common around cementeries? It runs with a theme that Kindred is some kind of rotting corpse behind the bandages.
    I really despised The Other and The Totem BS ( I ranked it only behind OMD/BND as bad Spider-Man stories, and I hope Spencer does not bring it back. I would be very happy if it was Ezekiel or Harry and called it a day. Lots of questions still remain? But what does Kindred have against Osborn? What about the Mysterio movie? What is MJ’s role? What about the cover of ASM 55? Everything adds up to a very painful victory for Peter. It could be Gwen as Kindred, Aunt May dying (ending the dead), MJ dying but something very painful. Maybe it is the kind of story where he temporarily gives up Spider-Man ( like in Requiem ( a personal favorite of mine)). Whatever it is I see ugly ( worse then 121 or Amazing Fantasy 15).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-27-2020 at 04:52 PM.