Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 181
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Valid point. I completely forgot about that issue and ironically enough it was also the final issue I needed to complete my clone saga collection and took years to find one.
    Strangely enougth it seems that a lot of people didn't read it, wich is kind of a shame, because is one of the most elaaborated retcons out there and explains the Clone Saga in a way where it almost (emphasis in almost) makes sense.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  2. #17
    A Reckoning is Nigh Gwen Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Universe: 616
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Yeah, Spencer probably is enjoying the guessing game. I doubt Kindred is "no one" though, beacuase a part of me thinks we're supposed to be able to guess his identity, since at the end of Spencer's first story arc all the Tri-Sentinels (and Mendel Stromm) said "Guess my name," which was obviously Kindred induced.

  3. #18
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    Yeah, Spencer probably is enjoying the guessing game. I doubt Kindred is "no one" though, beacuase a part of me thinks we're supposed to be able to guess his identity, since at the end of Spencer's first story arc all the Tri-Sentinels (and Mendel Stromm) said "Guess my name," which was obviously Kindred induced.
    “No One” has to be part of the suspect list. Is it a likely scenario? No it is not ( I admitted as much). But I also think about Peter’s “No one dies” He believes in it to such an extent he saved people like Norman, Fisk and Kraven (even if they are unappreciative douche bags who may not deserve it). Think Kraven’s Last Hunt. Which is why when we see finally Kindred’s face, do not be shocked if we see someone like Uncle Ben, Gwen or even Peter himself, all of which are designed to trick the readers and of course, Peter.

  4. #19
    A Reckoning is Nigh Gwen Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Universe: 616
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Valid point. I've also heard people refer to him as "The Kindred," like he's a single entity made of multiple things. I don't really know where that theory came from, but I guess it's a possibiltiy too.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    Valid point. I've also heard people refer to him as "The Kindred," like he's a single entity made of multiple things. I don't really know where that theory came from, but I guess it's a possibiltiy too.
    What makes the theory work is Beyonder/Mephisto stuff is already canon ( ASM 245 “The Soul Of The Spider”), we also know The Beyonder is capable of almost anything ( like increasing Spider-Man’s powers). I also noted that Miles etc are not acting normal ( which makes me think of Life Story), I would also note that “Order Of The Web” will not be sticking around for the entire arc which is also interesting. I might also note the behavior of Norman Osborn he was terrified of Kindred, now he is teasing Peter over Gwen? Last but certainly not least is Spencer. He is about fixing things ( see Kraven, the Connors Family and Pete and MJ) instead of opening a new can of worms ( especially if it is not canon like Sins Past). One thing that I am interested in is will MJ show up in this arc, she played a role in OMD.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    So, it's been confirmed that Kindred is connected to OMD?

  7. #22
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So, it's been confirmed that Kindred is connected to OMD?
    It has not been confirmed but it is logical based on what we know about Spencer and the length of the Kindred story. I would also mention the return of Dr. Strange to Amazing. I have been talking about Amazing 245 and the saving of Fisk just like the saving of Osborn here. That story involved Mephisto. Coincidence? Maybe but maybe not. I really hope I am correct and that story is coming to an end

  8. #23
    A Reckoning is Nigh Gwen Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Universe: 616
    Posts
    42

    Default

    It would make sense with the title "Last Remains" as well.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It has not been confirmed but it is logical based on what we know about Spencer and the length of the Kindred story. I would also mention the return of Dr. Strange to Amazing. I have been talking about Amazing 245 and the saving of Fisk just like the saving of Osborn here. That story involved Mephisto. Coincidence? Maybe but maybe not. I really hope I am correct and that story is coming to an end
    So this is not just massive wishful thinking?

  10. #25
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    It would make sense with the title "Last Remains" as well.
    The most important thing to keep in mind about OMD and for that matter the earlier Clone Saga is the motivation behind it. That motivation is money. Spider-Man has been a “Cash Cow” for Marvel for decades and they were afraid the public would not buy an Adult Spider-Man, so Peter must remain a teenager ( or act like one). But with the success of Miles and Into The Spider Verse, that fear is gone. There is room for both an adult and teenage Spider-Man. We saw in Renew Your Vows that guess what? Peter is mature enough to take care of a kid, and guess what? The public will buy it. Let’s take things to 2020, in Marvel Zombies and Fantastic Four Peter is shown to be mature enough to take care of other people’s kids. No more man child. Basically the reasons for OMD are over, and I am of the opinion that Marvel will finally give people what they want: NO more OMD

  11. #26
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The most important thing to keep in mind about OMD and for that matter the earlier Clone Saga is the motivation behind it. That motivation is money. Spider-Man has been a “Cash Cow” for Marvel for decades and they were afraid the public would not buy an Adult Spider-Man, so Peter must remain a teenager ( or act like one). But with the success of Miles and Into The Spider Verse, that fear is gone. There is room for both an adult and teenage Spider-Man. We saw in Renew Your Vows that guess what? Peter is mature enough to take care of a kid, and guess what? The public will buy it. Let’s take things to 2020, in Marvel Zombies and Fantastic Four Peter is shown to be mature enough to take care of other people’s kids. No more man child. Basically the reasons for OMD are over, and I am of the opinion that Marvel will finally give people what they want: NO more OMD
    Still sounds like massive wishful thinking.

  12. #27
    Spectacular Member TheMaker1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Taking in consideration how Kindred:
    A- Cares about Mary Jane safety
    B- Wanna hurt Peter (for reasons yet to be explained)
    C- Loathes and despises Norman

    .. makes me wonder if he/she will be revealed as either spoilers:
    May Day
    end of spoilers, or spoilers:
    Annie
    end of spoilers
    Norman basically "disappeared" the former, and Peter prevented the latter existance 'cause OMD

    We will get the definitive answers in the next months at least !


    Also.. after reading today's issue, did anyone caught on the similarities of one of Norman's Masks, and Kindred's face?

  13. #28
    A Reckoning is Nigh Gwen Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Universe: 616
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Whoever Kindred is, it has to be someone with very good reason to hate Peter. He even pointd out that Norman even originally hated Spider-Man for no real substantial reason, before stating that he has reasons for everything. Kindred has a very purposeful mission and I have a feeling his hatred is going to be more in depth than most villains.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    Whoever Kindred is, it has to be someone with very good reason to hate Peter. He even pointd out that Norman even originally hated Spider-Man for no real substantial reason, before stating that he has reasons for everything. Kindred has a very purposeful mission and I have a feeling his hatred is going to be more in depth than most villains.
    Or he could just think that he has a substantial reason and be as deluded as every other Spider-Villain (Venom, Doc Ock, JJJ (heh)).

    His stalker-ish M.O. and demonic nature betrays him.

  15. #30
    A Reckoning is Nigh Gwen Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Universe: 616
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I just appreciate the fact you included JJJ. Maybe Kindred is the part of his soul that died when he decided to help Spider-Man out now lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •